Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never thought I'd be this person. I love my sleeve, I love what it has done for me so far. I just don't know why I'm screwing this up! First off I have a very stressful job. Right out of surgery I was a stay at home mom so everything was great, besides the boredom. Everything was scheduled out I got all my Water in, all my Vitamins and ate all the right foods and all the right portions. Now working and going to online school, and being a single parent. I think I've got a little too much on my plate but I can't drop anything. Let me get to the big issue.

At work there is so many temptations and I find myself giving in. There always seems to be doughnuts in the break room! And i've probably had 3 or 4 over the past month. It doesn't sound bad there but for a while I was drinking caffeinated coffee that lasted about 2-3 weeks. then I had my 3 month post op appt. and the told me to stop so I nipped that in the but. I also have smoke cigarettes since surgery. I know it's bad but believe me my job makes me want to cry sometimes. Things hopefully will be getting better. I don't own any cigs but I have bummed some from employees. I've also had chocolate, pepermint bark, and Cookies here and there since surgery! banghead.gif

I pretty much know what I need to do. Start measuring things out again, drink my Water. take my Vitamins. etc. etc. I just think I'm a failure and I really could use some encouragement. And knowledge from someone who has got a little out of control. I want to get back on track. I used to exercise 5 times a week now I can barely get in 1 day a week I'm just so exhausted. I'm going to go work out right now and try to lift my spirits.

Please help!!! I want to be a good sleeve patient again!! I don't want to feel like I've ruined everything! ack2.gif

Temptation is a tough thing. I hate walking past the candy dishes at work (this one girl keeps peanut M&Ms in a big bowl and it's excruciating to go by them!!). I make sure that if I do slip and grab a handful, I log them in my food tracker to keep me honest. A treat here or there isn't going to completely ruin your progress, but at the same time if you find yourself doing it more and more, you probably need to nip it in the bud completely.

I've gotten myself back on track after not doing well during the holidays . . . I've been stalled at the same weight since before Thanksgiving and am now back to logging all my food, getting in my daily fluids, and exercising faithfully. It's only been 3 days but it feels SO good to be back on track!

Just get back to basics. You could also try Diva's boot camp at the top of this page as a jump-start.

Thanks so much for the reply Indymom! I didn't get a chance to work out, today but I'm definitely starting new tomorrow. I measured out my lunch and snack, and have my Protein shake ready to go. I'm going to go back to logging everything. I think if I would have been logging all the bad stuff seeing myself go over my calorie limit over and over hopefully should of made a light go off in my head.

I'm going to nip it in the butt with the treats. I'm going to stay away from the evil sweets in the break room. day one tomorrow starting new!

Good job on your progress day 3 is better then being at day on 1 so keep it up! =D

Here is my advise. it's very tough to pass up on all those sweet treats that are soooooo tempting to us. I too had many temptations over the last few months, but I weigh myself everyday, and my encouragment to stay away from those foods was seeing the weight come off. Our minds play tricks on us, but remember why we did this, and hopefully that little voice in your head will tell you to just keep walking... The more treats we eat, the harder it will be to lose the weight we so desperatley want to lose. You have lost 56.2 lbs so far, and that's amazing! Congrats to you! Listen to that little voice in your head, if you know it's not right, don't do it! Your reward you recieve if far greater when you step on that scale and you have dropped a few more lbs.

Stay strong,

Donna

Thank you Donna! So far so good today i know it's only 6am but I've drank my Protein Shake, which is 50grams of Protein, 10 to go, logged it in myfitnesspal and I'm on day one of Diva's bootcamp. I feel good about today =)

I am only 4 weeks post op, but I will tell you, the head hunger games are crazy! I live i NYC, so when I am out for my walks, or heck walking to the gym even, I pass by least 3 pizza places, 2 cupcake shops, and Lord knows how many restaurants. I also work in a place where there is a good mix of healthy and sugary treats, but of course the sugary ones always look better banghead.gif

I stole this phrase from a book, but I use it about 1,000 times during the day, and I just keep on walking, or I keep on looking at my computer and I don't pay attention:

"This is not about food, it is about my health. I can do this" Repeat as necessary...which for me is sometimes a lot! Feel free to use it, and good luck, you will do amazing!!

Thank you Donna! So far so good today i know it's only 6am but I've drank my Protein shake, which is 50grams of Protein, 10 to go, logged it in myfitnesspal and I'm on day one of Diva's bootcamp. I feel good about today =)

Let me give you a suggestion. You shouldn't eat or drink more than 25-30 grams of protein at any meal. You system can absorb more than that amount of protein. Split your protein up into 3 20 gram "meals" or two thirty gram "meals". Protein is what is going to make you feel the fullest - so spread it out throughout the day and it will help you feel full throughout the day.

I don't know who those 40 or 50 gram Protein Shots or drinks are marketed to - maybe athletes. I have no use for them. If I did use one in the past, I would split it into different servings.

Let me give you a suggestion. You shouldn't eat or drink more than 25-30 grams of Protein at any meal. You system can absorb more than that amount of Protein. Split your protein up into 3 20 gram "meals" or two thirty gram "meals". Protein is what is going to make you feel the fullest - so spread it out throughout the day and it will help you feel full throughout the day. I don't know who those 40 or 50 gram Protein Shots or drinks are marketed to - maybe athletes. I have no use for them. If I did use one in the past, I would split it into different servings.

That is what i was going to say too....when I am at work sometimes don't get enough protein in and just don't get the hunger signals like I used to before surgery. When I get home late I get the munchies. I noticed when I am off and get all the protein in no munchies!

Get the protein in several times during the day might help cure the munchies/snacking?

What you've done so far is amazing. We all fall short!! I too work in a place with mostly men and they love to bring in cakes, muffins and donuts. Luckily I can lock myself in my office and forget about it. I have not lost much yet so its easier for me to ignore that stuff cause I don't wanna derail. It must be harder to get back on track.

Take a day at a time. Decide today I'm going to stick to my eating plan. Plan for a treat and look forward to that planned treat. When you eat a planned treat you don't feel like a failure and its easier to stay on track when you feel in control.

Your human. stop beating yourself up. Hang in there!!

@EmShrams: Thanks for the quote I will certainly put it to use! I found myself at Starbucks today looking at the chocolate chunk cookie, and I actually just walked away! yay! =D

@SKCUNNINGHAM &SuperMom: Well i don't take shots or anything I use pure Protein powder and I put two 25g scoops in. I had no time to split it with a busy life, but my life is going to get a lot more stable next month. I will have more time to concentrate on Water, more exercise and logging food honestly. (I talked to my nutritionist and she told me to split it too.) Thank you all for your knowledge and encouragement it means a lot!

@BrownDoesAll: Thank you so much for your kind words I tried the hiding out thing today and it actually worked wonders! I tried to be a social butterfly I felt left out not going to the break room. But This is about me and getting healthy and looking the way I want to. Staying away from temptation seems to be the way to go for sure!