Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is going on?? Is everything okay? I am also three months out and I definitely do not feel this way. Talk it out and let us help you :)

It would be helpful if you discuss why you regret the prodecure. Maybe there are people on the discussion forum that can help you through this period. I am twenty days away from getting my procedure and would be interested in hearing your regrets.

I don't know what's going on, but maybe you should talk to your doctor and mention the depression. But if you want to talk, we're all here for you. I'm a single woman and doing this on my own so I know it's not easy.

What specifically is the thing that is bothering you? My doc said that incidents of depression can escalate with the sleeve... or is it expectations not met... pain.... Almost ALL people with regrets at the beginning change their minds about that... hope this is you too!

Does anyone wish they never had this done, im 3 months out and very depressed!

Yes, us "not yet sleeved" would like further input.....what's up??

I guess I really don't know how to explain how I feel I think I miss food and having that comfort now I don't know what to turn to..

Tuttle, my surgeon has a weekly support group. Also you could turn to the person who gave you your psych eval.

I think I will still be able to enjoy food, but there are lots of things to turn to. There is God, church, people, pets, volunteer work, hiking, crafts, books. I've heard it said that a person with an addiction replaces it with another so make it a healthy and happy one.

I suppose these are only words because I do not know what clinical depression may feel like or if you are even there. I do know what situational depression feels like. I have had to give myself a stern talking to and get myself involved in something.

This seems to be my solution for everything these days. Go to Theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. She is gastric bypass, but the food and restriction about the same. She loves to cook and still loves to eat -- just not in quantity. She knows how to make up for it in quality. Her recipes are awesome!!

Hope you feel better. Keep us posted.

I'd imagine if you're used to using food as a coping mechanism and turn to it to numb your emotions, and then you lose that tool but don't replace it with another, you would feel depressed. I'd also imagine that losing weight can mess with your hormone levels. Have you tried exercise? That always makes me feel much happier; it releases good endorphins. You might have been depressed before and used food (a drug) to cope; if exercise doesn't help, there's no shame in seeking help and getting on anti-depressants. I doubt the sleeve "caused" this, but it can bring out things that were hidden before.

I agree with both previous posts. Turn to one One who created you for true comfort. And remember He gave us Doctors and Celexa! ;) There are also natural supplements that replace seratonin, which is very important for mood. Celexa is good for that too on a temporary basis. Gets you "out of the hole" so to speak.

Tuttle, can I ask how your weight loss is going?

Tuttle,

I totally agree with the posters that have talked about replacing our food addiction with something else. I think it is very important for you to find something that you can do now to deal with your emotions since food is no longer an option. I have turned to exercise and I love it. Not only does it make me feel good but it has helped me to look good too. I also take Celexa (have for 2 years before surgery) and see a therapist weekly (was doing that before surgery too). So many of us have addictive personalities, that is why we got into the nasty relationship with food that made us so miserable and fat to begin with. The addictiveness is still in us but we can't turn to our former drug of choice any more. That is depressing in itself. I encourage you to try exercise just a time or two and see if it doesn't help to clear your black cloud away.

And total congratulations on the 60 pound loss!!! That is so fantastic! I am really happy for you!

Living the dream,

Laura

Tuttle, maybe part of it , is because of the holidays. Holidays for me was always cooking "extra special" treats for my family- and myself- Cookies, for example, which I can't do this year. (I bought ceramic gingerbread houses to paint instead). Since I got sleeved on 12/13- I notice I'm generally ok, unless I roam through the supermarket and see all of my old "friends" or if I watch tv and see the commercials starring my "old friends". Luckily now, there will be a million shows & ads on dieting and new years resolutions. But I just wanted you to know that there are others of us who are sad around the holidays. I realized today that I am feeling a little sad . In my case, it's because I think of my loved ones who are now gone, the dreams I had this year that did not work out , and the fact that I can NOT eat all the junk as an escape to make me feel better. I am forced to face my negative feelings instead of stuff them down. Maybe it will help if you try to figure out what's bothering you, if possible. And remember, these feelings will pass. Hang in there- but if you start to feel very depressed, definately call your Dr. He/she can help you- don't be afraid or ashamed to speak up. My prayers are with you. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Tuttle i too felt regret and i did not even make it to 3 months i made it a few days! Missing the food was really bothering me. I am still in the puree phase but i am planning on going to see a therapist to help deal with the loss of my comfort buddy. 60 pounds is nothing to regret about. You can do it tuttle and as previous posters mentioned depression happens because you essentially removed your comfort. Just remember that you can still eat what you like just less and i agree with egg face!! If you want to chat more feel free. Just know you are not alone. Call your surgeons staff and talk about it. This happens with your hormones changing. You made this decision for a reason focus on that. Being healthier, looking and feeling better. You can do this!! You can overcome this depression!