Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I see people on various forums talk about their Farewell Meals, what was/or will be your meal?

We are going to have a BBQ on the 16th, 11 days before my surgery date! This is for those people who have supported my decision and will continue to do so! It will be one last celebration I can fully enjoy with all my loved ones!

Sheila

I went to the Melting Pot! I got some flack on the forum for it but it was totally worth it!! Have fun!

I had several "Farewell Meals" along the way. I took my favorites and had a final night with a few of them. So very strange that I would think that way but it is what it is. For me it was pizza, Chinese, Pasta and fast food Breakfast. A few weeks ago I ordered pizza for the family, ordered myself a medium and ate the entire thing in one evening plus bread sticks - funny that now I can barely get a Protein shake down and a few weeks back I ate enough pizza for 4 people.

I think theres some value in having the farewell meal or meals, If it helps you move on then go for it and get it behind you. I think it helped me a lot mentally.

I'm systematically working my way through this week up to my preop diet starting supposed to be on July 15. I'm actually going to start a day or two early because I have my 38th Birthday bash out with my girlfriend on Friday night (the day I'm supposed to start). I imagine I will be very bad that night...as in lots of calories from various drinks etc. Will also be cutting back on my soda intake a little each day. Anyway...no planned meal...but am paying attention to my favorite things as I've been eating them this last week or so. Friday night will be my big goodbye to overindulgence. Will probably have early birthday cake this week too. I don't plan on saying bye to anything really forever except soda of any type. I want to be done with the soda forever! :)

I couldn't possibly make a decision on one final meal so I went for variety at a Golden Corral. There's a really good one nearby. I was so enthused about doing one last blowout dinner I fantasized about it all day. Then when it was all over, I felt really disgusted. Nothing was so good it justified that overstuffed feeling that makes you lean back the car seat then flop into bed as soon as you get home. And the guilt and shame. Oh my, the guilt and shame! Nope. It's not worth it. Actually, I'm glad I did it because now I KNOW that's not the way I want to live. The next restaurant meal I have will be a tiny little ladylike appetizer portion and I'm gonna feel so virtuous I won't be able to stand myself.

I couldn't possibly make a decision on one final meal so I went for variety at a Golden Corral. There's a really good one nearby. I was so enthused about doing one last blowout dinner I fantasized about it all day. Then when it was all over, I felt really disgusted. Nothing was so good it justified that overstuffed feeling that makes you lean back the car seat then flop into bed as soon as you get home. And the guilt and shame. Oh my, the guilt and shame! Nope. It's not worth it. Actually, I'm glad I did it because now I KNOW that's not the way I want to live. The next restaurant meal I have will be a tiny little ladylike appetizer portion and I'm gonna feel so virtuous I won't be able to stand myself.

I can relate to the disgusted feeling your talking about!! We have these food funerals and as we are doing it we realize this is pathetic and the reason for all our problems in the first place. I think those feelings of disgust and failure are the feelings that help drive us through the surgery and keep us motivated on the other side!!!

On another note - how are things going for you? Any insight you can give us or new discoveries? are you able to get all your Protein and fluids in? I'm struggling with getting it all in myself.

Take Care

I was able to hit my Protein targets during Week 1 Clear liquids thanks to Isopure and Protein bullets. A 20 oz bottle of Isopure has 40 grams protein and most of the flavors are drinkable. Punch is pretty good. I also drank one 3.8 oz New whey bullet per day worth 42 grams. Those have kind a disturbing viscosity and a funny taste. If I had it to do over again, I would just double up on the Isopure. Now that I'm in Week 2 full liquids, I can get protein from shakes. Getting in all the fluids is tough. I'm not coming close to 64 oz yet but managing to keep ahead of dehydration. I feel great except for the biggest incision which is still sore and bruised.

I can relate to the disgusted feeling your talking about!! We have these food funerals and as we are doing it we realize this is pathetic and the reason for all our problems in the first place. I think those feelings of disgust and failure are the feelings that help drive us through the surgery and keep us motivated on the other side!!!

On another note - how are things going for you? Any insight you can give us or new discoveries? are you able to get all your protein and fluids in? I'm struggling with getting it all in myself.

Take Care

I was able to hit my Protein targets during Week 1 Clear Liquids thanks to Isopure and Protein bullets. A 20 oz bottle of Isopure has 40 grams protein and most of the flavors are drinkable. Punch is pretty good. I also drank one 3.8 oz New Whey bullet per day worth 42 grams. Those have kind a disturbing viscosity and a funny taste. If I had it to do over again, I would just double up on the Isopure. Now that I'm in Week 2 full liquids, I can get protein from shakes. Getting in all the fluids is tough. I'm not coming close to 64 oz yet but managing to keep ahead of dehydration. I feel great except for the biggest incision which is still sore and bruised.

That's good to hear! I think I will try the Isopure drinks tomorrow. I've been cleared for full liquids but getting the shakes down has been a challenge. I've heard others talk about Isopure and how easy they are. I was considering adding Protein powder to my Gatorade and trying to drink it that way. The thinner drinks seem a lot easier to get down at this point.

Glad you're doing good!

Mine was LaRosa's Ravioli, Penne chicken Alfredo, Spaghetti & Meatballs. Not all at the same time, but spread over a few days. I really loved LaRosa's - but no more.

Nancy,

You just made me HUNGRY!!!!!!

Hahaha - just kidding, Pasta was one of my arch enemies in the food world.

The larger GNCs and VitaminShoppes, like at a mall, sell singles so you can try a variety of flavors. Some GNCs only sell single flavor cases.

Kath-A-Leena

Where did you find your Isopure. I'm having problems myself with getting enough Protein in and I think I would like to try some.

I bought some grape and orange Isopure online at Amazon, qualified for free shipping and the nectar in the lemonade flavor I think is really good. I am already experimenting and finding out what I like before my surgery. The nectar I mixed with sugar free Jello (the powder you make yourself) so I will have Protein Jello when I need it.

I am done with my food funerals and have been off my diet mtn dew now 2 whole days. I really miss my best friend.

Glad that you all are doing well....it is very encouraging to us that are following you.