Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Ya'll!! I'm having my surgery at Methodist Dallas on July 14th!! My doctor is Dr. Colleen Kennedy, who I LOVE! I start my preop 1 week liquid diet on the 7th and am NOT looking forward to that! I've been practicing though, with 4 Protein Shakes a day, a salad at lunch, and a sensible dinner. I've given up diet coke completely, and stick to tea with splenda, crystal light (cherry pomegranate is my favorite!) and of course TON'S of water!! I'm down 14 pounds!!! Hoping to drop more from the liquid diet, and then of course SLEEVE TIME!!! And even MORE WEIGHT LOSS! I'm completely stoked and ready to DO THIS!!!

I'd love to hear how you guys are doing getting ready for your surgery, or, if you have had it already, how things are going! Let's talk!!!!

Hey thereSweetdreams, im super excited for you, you will not regret this at all, i had mine in 3/21/11, started at surgery at 332 and im down to 282, im so happy and thank god every day i did this, and that my sister talked me into it, without her i would have never done it. I hated the liquid diet before surgery so i feel for you lol but trust me it will all be worth it, you will love it. Keep me updated with your process! Good luck and god bless! :)

Hey all! I'm currently in my 3rd month of the 6 mth supervised diet. My surgeon is Dr. Kuhn @ Medical City Dallas and I have Aetna insurance. I am so anxious and just praying I get approved. I have been trying so long to lose weight and keep it off, but when I lose I always gain it back, plus some. I am 26 yrs old and used to hold my weight well as some would say, but as I get older and the more pounds I pack on, it isn't holding up very well, lol. This surgery means so much to me and would completely change my life and bring out the "real me". I just wanna love the skin I'm in! I wish you all well...congrats if you've already had surgery and if you're still in the process...STAY PRAYED UP!!!;)

Just want to introduce myself. I had my surgery at Methodist Dallas on 5/17 with Dr. Castro. I did not have any problems and have been healing nicely. I too am so glad that I made the decision to have this surgery.

Take care!

Hey everyone! Just an update. I'm doing GREAT! Surgery went well, and healing has been going pretty smoothly. I haven't had all the nausea and vomiting that some get. Even my gas pain hasn't been very bad. I did have a lot of pain from the surgery itself, and am still healing from that. I am finally going back to work on Tuesday! THANK GOODNESS! I'm so tired of being stuck at home! lol. I'm afraid to get on the scale... I have to admit. I started with my last official weight in June of 302, and was 292 after surgery, which is 12 pounds more than what I was a week prior... so, I don't want to see that number in case I'm still retaining some Fluid, or something. I go back to my surgeon on the 1st for my 2 week check up.. Guess I'll know something then!

Hey Y'all!!! I also had my surgery on July 27 at Methodist Dallas by Dr. Colleen Kennedy! I am also an employee there. My heaviest was 260.. the day of surgery I was 251 and as of this date.. I am down to 239! It's been an amazing experience! It's nice to have found this support page!

Lori

Congrats!!! Don't you just love Dr. Kennedy!!! I have recommended her to SEVERAL people now!

Hey Y'all!!! I also had my surgery on July 27 at Methodist Dallas by Dr. Colleen Kennedy! I am also an employee there. My heaviest was 260.. the day of surgery I was 251 and as of this date.. I am down to 239! It's been an amazing experience! It's nice to have found this support page!

Lori

Hello Texas family. I am excited and ready to joing the group. I have been seeing my pcp for weight lost managment off and on for over 3 yrs. I have been successful at losing weight but I havent been able to keep it off. I am ready to cut the strings on this yo yo. I will keep you all posted on my surgery date :) Thanks for all the inspiration!!

Hi fellow Texans!

I want to introduce myself! I am 48 years old and have been over-weight as long as I can remember. I started gaining weight quickly at about age 6. At age 9 I was placed on full thyroid replacement (Hoshimoto's disease.) I was 220 in high school and have gone up slowly from there. For many years I rocked along just fine but in the last 10 years I have lost my energy and stamina. I have arthritis and major pain in my feet. Last year I became Type 2 diabetic.

My primary care doctor suggested this surgery to me and I am so grateful that he explained the concept of the sleeve. I have spent the last year reading about and researching the surgery -- I feel like I have made the right choice.

I am finally done with the long process of getting approved by the insurance co. and my surgery date is 9/23/11 with Dr. Colleen Kennedy! I am excited to get on with the changes.

I have a TWO WEEK pre-op diet still ahead of me and I am nervous about that. (Note: PreOp diet is 2 wks. because my BMI is over 50.) I will be so proud of myself if I can stay on that pre-op diet for two weeks!!! I hope that I don't bite someone's head off at work LOL!

I don't know anyone personally who has had sleeve surgery so I am VERY THANKFUL for this message board and all of you sharing your experiences.

All the best to my fellow Texas Sleevers!!! Ms C

Hey y'all! Good to hear from Texans, and Dallasites! I'm getting sleeved Sept. 20 at Forest Park by Dr. James Davidson. Start my pre-op on Sept 1. Mine is 2 shakes and a Lean Cuisine. Told to lose 10 lbs. Anyone heard of this pre-op diet plan? My orientation is Sept. 7, along with an upper GI and a stress test. Gonna b a long day! I'm a Senior Sleever at 61.

Hi, Fellow Texans,

I am new to this site. I am getting sleeved next week on the 17th by Dr. David Kim. I have been on my 2 week pre-op diet and doing really well. I am an ex-bandster. I had the band surgery in 2002 and removed in 2006 when it slipped. I have regained all my weight back that I had lost and was very successful. I know that WLS works and it is a great tool to be healthy.

@ Leigh Ann!

Welcome and Congratulations on your upcoming surgery date!

I am new to WLS and have had my sleeve for 17 days now. Once I got home from the hospital it hasn't been too difficult; this forum is invaluable! I did the 2 week pre-op diet too, mine was all liquid, I refer to it as my "Vision Quest" LOL. I have heard great things about Dr. Kim!

Best regards, MsC.

@Leigh Ann

My sleeve was done by Dr. Colleen Kennedy at Texas Health Presbyterian in Plano, TX. As far as advice after the sleeve, follow the surgeon's recommended diet and walk! I did laps around my house after I came home from surgery -- it really seems to help with the recovery. I only spent one night in the hospital. Since you are an ex-bandster you probably know the drill! I haven't been released to do real exercise yet, just walking. And since they put stitches inside please don't lift anything! My surgeon won't even let me push the vacuum around.

I track everything that I eat and drink and my vitamins; I count grams of Protein and ounces of liquid -- since dehydration is a risk.

I'll be sending you good thoughts on the 17th!

Hi Leigh Ann:

I am also scheduled for surgery on the 17th. 6 more days girl...6 more days!!

I live in Houston and will be getting banded my Dr. Said Bina at NeWeigh. I am so excited!!