Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had hoped to lose my hunger with my sleeve. Welp, that hasn't happened!!! I was sleeved 5/9 and still am hungry. I notice that it doesn't seem to be that ravenous hunger like before, but I do still get hungry. I read a lot of you say that you were hungry in the beginning and then it slowly went away.

I am wondering how long it was before you lost your hunger issues. I am not talking head hunger because I do not have that issue, I am talking stomach growling "real" hunger! When did you notice that you were not hungry any more. Is there still hope that it will cease???????

Thanks, :)

Kelly

Yes, I do take Nexium twice a day. I spoke with my Dr. about this issue. He said that there isn't any scientific evidence to support this theory.

Kelly

Are you taking an antacid? That seems to help some people, as excess acid can be very like hunger.

I haven't been sleeved yet but I have read that stomach acid can cause false hunger pains. Try taking an antacid and see if that helps. My surgery is july 20th and I'm so affraid that my hunger will still be there.

How much Protein are you getting in? Are you keeping your carbs low? They mess with your blood sugar and make you hungry when you shouldn't be.

Yes, I do take Nexium twice a day. I spoke with my Dr. about this issue. He said that there isn't any scientific evidence to support this theory.

Kelly

A small percentage of VSGers to seem to continue to get hungry. This seems to more of an issue with the plication, so hopefully you'll be OK with your VSG.

I haven't been sleeved yet but I have read that stomach acid can cause false hunger pains. Try taking an antacid and see if that helps. My surgery is july 20th and I'm so affraid that my hunger will still be there.

I will be sleeved 4 months as of the 22nd of this month. If I go 4-5 hours without putting Protein in my stomach, I get hungry. Other than that - I don't get hungry. I do get that old response sometimes - the "I'm bored, let's get something to eat " - head hunger - but that is easy to ignore. Sometimes, if I forget to drink, my thirst is easy to mistake for hunger. So - the first thing I do if I ever feel hungry is to drink Water.

My acid doesn't feel like hunger - it feels like acid - which is different to me.

If you do feel hungry - drink a cup of boullion and see if that helps.

I had hoped to lose my hunger with my sleeve. Welp, that hasn't happened!!! I was sleeved 5/9 and still am hungry. I notice that it doesn't seem to be that ravenous hunger like before, but I do still get hungry. I read a lot of you say that you were hungry in the beginning and then it slowly went away.

I am wondering how long it was before you lost your hunger issues. I am not talking head hunger because I do not have that issue, I am talking stomach growling "real" hunger! When did you notice that you were not hungry any more. Is there still hope that it will cease???????

Thanks, :)

Kelly

Hi there Kelly, yup I was right there with you. . . never lost the hunger issues with or without the nexium or whatever. . . soooooo I just learned to deal with it. . . there are times that if i eat a really good Protein Breakfast (egg bacon) and then keep very very busy that day that hunger won't bother me. . . but then i get light headed and know i need to eat. . . by the way i'm 18 months out and some of us never lost the hunger issues. Some did, some didn't . . . I never did

I am hoping that one day I will, but probably will not!

For now, I just ignore it. It is so hard to do, but that is what I have always had to do, so I guess I should be use to it! :(

Kelly

Yeah, I'm still waiting for mine to go away too. Has never left me since surgery, but it's okay, it's easier to manage it now I think. Good luck!

It is soooo funny that you say that! I watch that show and literally CAN NOT breathe! I watched one last night that I dvr'd and this lady had lots of dolls and the other lady was old and would poop in diapers and thow them in the floor. She had bottles with urine in them and no running Water or heat!!!! Are you kidding me??? There was trash 4 feet high on her floor!!!

I was so sick watching that!! I feel bad for some, but just don't understand how people live like that! SICK!

Kelly :(

Seriously, if you're ever hungry, just watch an episode of Hoarders. Cures my hunger every time. :vomit:

I am hoping that one day I will, but probably will not!

For now, I just ignore it. It is so hard to do, but that is what I have always had to do, so I guess I should be use to it! :(

Kelly

IAM STILL HUNGRY TOO... MIGHT JUST BE HEAD HUNGRY BUT IT IS THE SAME I THINK....LOL... WE ARE ABOUT THE SAME STARTING WEIGHT AND MINE WAS 6/7 AT 199 NOW TOO.KELLI IN DALLAS

My surgery was 6/17 and I have not had that "hunger" feeling since than! I hope this is the real deal because I likey!