Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH First Time getting sick :(

Well I have been so happy for the past 5 1/2 months that I haven't ever got sick nor really felt like it well that all changed tonight :( I made a roast with potatos and carrots for dinner (my favorite meal) for Mothers Day. We ate dinner about 7 pm and I knew right away I had started to eat too fast so I put my plate aside and went back to it over time. I started getting a really bad headache so I took some meds and I ended up passing out on the couch for a little bit. Woke up and wanted some milk so I had a little cup of milk and a piece of chocoalte. I was feeling okay except for the headache. Next thing I know I feel SO AWFUL full! I start to sit here and just burp and that will usually help but nope it wasn't working, I feel did feel like I could get sick. Off to the bathroom I went and sure enough, I got sick. It was crazy because the food wasn't digested from like 3 hours earlier?? CRAZYNESS I tell ya! I feel much better now (it's been about 30 mins since I got sick). I don't know what/why it happen but I really don't want it to happen again so I will FOR SURE be really watching myself again! One of the biggest reasons why I didn't do LapBand was because I HATE HATE HATE to get sick! UGH!

I feel your pain..I tend to still eat too fast when I am extremely hungery. My food always talk to me when I eat too fast..

Getting sick is just a reminder that your stomach has all the control and soon your brain will realize and remember to eat slower all the time. Even if it is super yummy food.

Hope you are feeling well soon.

Sorry to hear that! NOT fun at allsad.gif

I tend to eat too fast and I am learning that I better slow it down because I hate that pressure/full feeling in my chest and I'm like you, I hate, hate, hate to get sick.

These are lessons I think we learn REALLY fast!!smile.gif

That is MY BIGGEST FEAR!!! I am being sleeved today!

I NEVER get sick and am so afraid of this. I posted a while back that I would rather a rat lick me in the face than to be sick. I sure hope that I can avoid it!!!!

Kelly :)

I think it's almost a right of passage for sleevers to go through this. However I believe it will or should only happen once to most of us. I barely went through my first episode a month ago and I'm 8 months out now. I had a little inclination though because I was banded for almost 3 years during my revision. I know my limits - but sometimes its not even about that. It was more WHAT I ate rather than how much or how fast because I neither had a lot nor did I eat it too fast.

Next time I'll know the warning signs if something just isn't working for my sleeve!! That is one thing I'll never ever forget!!

I agree it totally sucks and I am apparently the ultimate slow learner because I have done that now 3 times since I was sleeved less than a month ago! :blink:

I also find I can't eat very much at all and that is a factor for me as I think I "SHOULD" be able to eat more and get in trouble even when I measure my 4 ounces. The hardest thing for me to learn is that we are all different and progress at different rates and I am still on the mushies/soft stage even though I'd like to be further along. I am thrilled that I have such good restriction and trust that eventually my brain will catch up with the fact that I now have a TINY tummy because I too hate that feeling of pressure and being overfull.

Thanks for posting your experience. Maybe I need a tattoo that says, SLOW DOWN? :P

I went to lunch today and I asked my friend as we were walking in to randomly just say Slow Down to me! LOL I'm usually REALLY good about it and haven't had any problems at all but I think I was just too excited for it yesterday! Roast is my FAVORITE meal EVER and it was Mothers Day and I was sad since I'm without my family right now and I had been smelling it cook for Hours! LOL

I'm so sorry this happened to you, especially on such a special day! I know this is one demon I'm going to have to battle because I've always eaten on the run. I rarely sit at the table even, just leave my plate on the counter and grab a mouthful whenever I go by. This is a horrible habit that I got into when I was doing reptile rescue and running a business. I just didn't have time to eat and so I ended up eating quickly. I have about 2 weeks to learn to eat slowly lol

Oh, wow, Beadingnurse, I could have written that, too! I tend to let myself get too hungry and then I gobble, which is just a setup for disaster. :blink: I am a slow learner, too, having done it twice already in the last week, but those were so very unpleasant that I think I have it now. I, too, feel like I should be able to eat more, but my sleeve likes really, really small portions (I'm talking 2 or 3 BITES of mushies at a time!), and that's been a challenge to learn. But it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, and now I "get" it.

We're just going to have to learn to rock our sleeves with smaller bites! I bought some baby spoons to use so I would take smaller bites and hopefully have fewer episodes.

Meg

Oh, wow, Beadingnurse, I could have written that, too! I tend to let myself get too hungry and then I gobble, which is just a setup for disaster. :blink: I am a slow learner, too, having done it twice already in the last week, but those were so very unpleasant that I think I have it now. I, too, feel like I should be able to eat more, but my sleeve likes really, really small portions (I'm talking 2 or 3 BITES of mushies at a time!), and that's been a challenge to learn. But it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, and now I "get" it.

We're just going to have to learn to rock our sleeves with smaller bites! I bought some baby spoons to use so I would take smaller bites and hopefully have fewer episodes.

Meg

Meg...I did the same thing! I went to Target and bought a couple packages of disposable toddler spoons and forks and have one package at work and one at home. They are very durable. I swore that I would not use baby spoons but now I realize that I need all the help that I can get!! :rolleyes: The tattoo is next....