Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It doesn't happen every day but it does happen, say -- every *other* day. I wake up in the morning and I feel sick, like my insides are trying to eat each other or maybe morning sickness. Not enough to expel anything out either end but..queasy and allover kinda bad. I checked my temp and it was 98.8 this morning, but it was 98.1 last night. That concerned me a little because it's supposed to be the other way around.

Funny thing is I felt fine yesterday -- the day before that I felt crappy in the morning. I take my PPI immediately after a glass of Water and then have another one right after and sort of try to walk it off -- most days it goes away.

I did not sleep well at all last night and really didn't get to sleep about six am which puts me at five hours -- I don't know, maybe that has something to do with it? Also TTTOM should be starting like any minute now.

Anyway -- anybody else feel like this in the morning or does it sound like a Bad Sign?

I feel the same way.. I had surgery Monday and I was ok the first few days. But the last 2 I felt that way. So I just have a Protein Shake in the morning and it stills lasts for a little while after that as well. I have no temp as well and I'm able to check my blood pressure by myself too and that comes back just fine. Interested to see what other vets say

can you try taking your ppi at night? maybe it will stop the acid production while you sleep and then when you wake up it will not be so bad. that is what i do, but i am pre-op.

just an idea, ask your dr.

kelly

can you try taking your ppi at night? maybe it will stop the acid production while you sleep and then when you wake up it will not be so bad. that is what i do, but i am pre-op.

just an idea, ask your dr.

kelly

Thanks Kelly, that's a good idea, I will :)

According to my pre-op ed materials (we have this actual whole book) this can be caused simply by negative calorie intake, which obviously we want to have to lose weight, but some folks are more prone to nausea - they don't suggest being prone to it means anything except that we're prone to it. They recommend Protein in the morning and suggest a warm drink first. I had this the last two days and mixed some Unjury chicken protein in some chicken broth and felt better shortly.

I tend to not feel well in the morning especially if I skip my PPI at night, I take mine twice a day. I wake up with headaches most days now too and if I go too long without eating the nausea is worse.

I tend to not feel well in the morning especially if I skip my PPI at night, I take mine twice a day. I wake up with headaches most days now too and if I go too long without eating the nausea is worse.

That's interesting -- and also interesting about negative calories. My calories are low -- about 500. I was absolutely starving last night and didn' eat.

I'll try all your suggestions, thanks!

:) Love this board. I started to feel a little better after I ate but before that I was thinking crap, this is it, I screwed the pooch, I gotta get my affairs in order...

I'm 4 months out and still have an occasional moment of nausea - It reminds me of my pregnant days - when my stomach was completely empty and I wanted to heave but there was nothing there. I keep something close to nibble on first thing - always helps me.

Still, I've noticed that I can feel the emptiness of my stomach but there is no hunger! What a strange thing that is. But oh so nice. B)

That's interesting -- and also interesting about negative calories. My calories are low -- about 500. I was absolutely starving last night and didn' eat.

I'll try all your suggestions, thanks!

:) Love this board. I started to feel a little better after I ate but before that I was thinking crap, this is it, I screwed the pooch, I gotta get my affairs in order...

Why wouldnt you eat if you were hungry? 500 calories is NOT ENOUGH. I am always surprised people are proud that they are eating 400-700 calories a day. That is not healthy and not keeping your metabolism going...

Why wouldnt you eat if you were hungry? 500 calories is NOT ENOUGH. I am always surprised people are proud that they are eating 400-700 calories a day. That is not healthy and not keeping your metabolism going...

I don't know if its a matter of being proud, at least not that I have seen to be at a such low calorie intake. I am 2 months post op and I am lucky if I can get in 400 calories a day. My sleeve does not allow me to eat more than that at this point and it took me the full two months to get up to where I am now, I would say the first month at least I got in maybe 100 calories a day and have worked up from there quite slowly. And trust me, it is not intentional, most people physically are not capable of getting to an acceptable calorie intake for months and months.

Now choosing not to eat when starving is not wise but the calorie intake cannot always be controled.

A 8oz protien shake is on average 100 calores. A Slimfast is around 190....an insure is like 250 I believe. If I could not eat I would substitute with meal shakes to get in my nutrition.

It is hard because it depends on what your doctor told you to do. I was not given a calorie limit or requirement, but I was told to get at least 55 grams of Protein a day and to only eat 3 times a day, NO snacking whatsoever! Well, I can only fit about 200 calories in per meal. I am lucky if I get 700 calories a day. And my surgeon does not seem to see a problem with that. And now it's created this guilt feeling if I consume more then that amount of calories, because that means I snacked and feel like I am cheating my sleeve somehow.

A 8oz protien shake is on average 100 calores. A Slimfast is around 190....an insure is like 250 I believe. If I could not eat I would substitute with meal shakes to get in my nutrition.

You're right. I didn't have an issue with not being able to eat those calories, I just had some weird idea that since I started at 500 and I had lost thirty pounds I should stay at 500. I've been allowing about 7-800 now. That's plenty negative. And with that and a couple of Gummy Vitamins a day and two prilosecs, I'm getting some mojo back here.

I am nauseous just about every morning, especially right after I eat/drink my first Protein Breakfast, and force in Vitamins. I feel major restriction in the morning, but just plain sick half the time so it doesn't even matter that I have restriction because I don't feel like having anything anyways. I take a PPI every morning, but maybe I will switch to taking it before bed each night like other suggested and see if that helps.

It doesn't happen every day but it does happen, say -- every *other* day. I wake up in the morning and I feel sick, like my insides are trying to eat each other or maybe morning sickness. Not enough to expel anything out either end but..queasy and allover kinda bad. I checked my temp and it was 98.8 this morning, but it was 98.1 last night. That concerned me a little because it's supposed to be the other way around.

Funny thing is I felt fine yesterday -- the day before that I felt crappy in the morning. I take my PPI immediately after a glass of Water and then have another one right after and sort of try to walk it off -- most days it goes away.

I did not sleep well at all last night and really didn't get to sleep about six am which puts me at five hours -- I don't know, maybe that has something to do with it? Also TTTOM should be starting like any minute now.

Anyway -- anybody else feel like this in the morning or does it sound like a Bad Sign?