Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, this thing is tomorrow. I am sitting here blowing up balloons. Wouldn't you know it I got my period TODAY and I lost my cellphone yesterday. And tomorrow I am going to Mexico to get my stomach cut out. I am sitting here thinking...maybe I can just go on another diet. Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe I'll get to Mexicali, get on that table, and there will be a huge earthquake while I am under anesthesia and I will wake up in the rubble with no painkillers. Maybe I'm not ready. Maybe I should go on a huge diet and lose fifty pounds and eat wheatgrass and Water before I do this so I'm like really REALLY healthy before I go. Maybe this is all a internet scam and what's down in Mexicali is a tin shack and some upsetting looking types who are in the kidney business...

Help help help get me off my ass and packing please....

I felt scared, too, and thought of backing out...but the plane tickets were paid for, and I thought, "If I don't like anything, I can always say 'no' and come home." But after I got off the plane and Ernesto picked me up, things moved very quickly---pre-op EKG, bloodwork, chest X-ray, talk with Nina's mom, and I was very calm. Started getting a little nervous again around dinner time, but had a glass of wine and some yummy ribeye tacos, went back to my room and took the Ativan they gave me, and slept soundly until 6:30 and time to get up. Took a shower, Ernesto picked me up, took me to the hospital, I changed into the hospital gown, they put in the IV and gave me a heparin shot, and because I was the only surgery that day I was wheeled in by 8:00. I was very calm during all of this, not scared at all, I knew I was doing the right thing. I smiled at Dr. Aceves and the next thing I remember, vaguely, is being asked to move from the gurney to my bed. I fell asleep again and when I woke up I felt pretty good and it was done!

Just take it one step at a time, you can change your mind at any time, no one will force you into anything, but I am really happy with my surgery and recovery and weight loss. I hope you will be, too.

Edited to add, I didn't need much in the way of luggage--nightgown, robe, slip-on slippers, HEATING PAD (very important, slept with it under my shoulder all three nights post-surgery) lip balm, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush. I had a book and an Ipod but never used them, watched TV in the hotel room for a little while and dozed most of the time after surgery. I wore the same clothes home as I wore to get there.

Wow, you thought of some excuses I never dreamed of! If you could lose the weight via diet you probably already would of.

Okay, this thing is tomorrow. I am sitting here blowing up balloons. Wouldn't you know it I got my period TODAY and I lost my cellphone yesterday. And tomorrow I am going to Mexico to get my stomach cut out. I am sitting here thinking...maybe I can just go on another diet. Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe I'll get to Mexicali, get on that table, and there will be a huge earthquake while I am under anesthesia and I will wake up in the rubble with no painkillers. Maybe I'm not ready. Maybe I should go on a huge diet and lose fifty pounds and eat wheatgrass and Water before I do this so I'm like really REALLY healthy before I go. Maybe this is all a internet scam and what's down in Mexicali is a tin shack and some upsetting looking types who are in the kidney business...

Get off your hiney and pack your bags Crosswind! Yes...you are scared! You'd be nuts not to be but guess what...you are almost THERE!! You have that cushy first class plane ride waiting on you (I read and loved one of your other posts!). Go back and re-read what you wrote then as it was one of the most inspiring posts to me. I read it out loud to my husband and he thought it was great too. You know another diet won't work long term for any of us. We have all been there and done that. I am sure the sleeve will ultimately SAVE many of our lives and you will be one of them. Go pack honey...it is okay....we can't WAIT for you to get back and post one of your brilliant essays and tell us what it was really like.

By the way...I'll be posting how scared I am in a couple of weeks before my surgery and I expect you to give me a boot in the butt then too!

:) Thanks so much you guys.

Okay, I'm halfway packed, and I'm about to go digging around for a heating pad. Thanks for that suggestion.

I also bought a gophone. And checked to make sure they work in Mexico. Dammit, I can't believe how much money I spend on phones.

One thing I did was I asked my brother to drive me to the airport. He's a GREAT brother and he'll always help me out if he can, but the thing is he has to take off work to drive me there. Soooo...if he gets me in that car and I change my mind it's kind of a huge waste for him and that will pretty much get me on the plane. The fact that it's first class will stop me from freaking out and making them turn around because I want to get off. Plus, you know, who wants to be out that much money AND go to jail?

So that gets me to San Diego. Solution for San Diego to Mexicali?

Ativan.

This is YOUR time!!! You have planned for this and the sleeve is such a wonderful gift to give yourself. You will do great! No worries. :)

Solution for San Diego to Mexicali?

Ativan.

Nah, you'll be okay. Ernesto will show you his "before" picture (he lost 100 lbs. with the sleeve, but don't tell him you already knew) and will point out areas of interest on the drive. Besides, if there are more people than you in the van you can all chat together.

Crosswind,

Smack!!! Yes, that's me smacking you across the face! Snap out of it! You said yourself you wanted to do this and do it in Mexico. You had so many reasons why it was going to be fine. Go back and read your posts. Get up off your arse and get it together. I say all of this in the most friendliest of ways. BTW, in about 2 weeks, will you please smack my face and tell me to get it together because I'll be paniced as it will be my time.

Good luck, it will be fine. YOU are ready. LIfe is changing...for the better. We can all do this!

All right, you got it out of your system! You're afraid! Yes, you are. Now, look fear's fat arse in the face and say "Kiss my soon to be slim arse - I'm going to Mexicali and you can't join me. Bye, bye!" LOL

YOU'LL BE FINE.

KEEP US POSTED!

WE'RE ROOTING FOR YOU!

Think the theme from Rocky. You're a prize fighter, you're about to throw a right hook in the face of fear! Keep punching, Keep moving. Float like a butterfly. Sting like a bee.

You are the greatest!

Now, get off your arse and start packing. PACK, PACK, PACK!

Well, no smacking from me because the others here have that covered.

But what I'll tell you is I'm so jealous! I have to wait several more months, and I wish I could have it done tomorrow. So go get it done for those of us who can't yet, and tell us all about it.

and yeah, jealous of those 1st class seats too ;)

and take pictures! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

Crosswind,we are all rooting for you. I am sure you have had your surgery by now. You will do fine!!!!!!!! :D Please post went you are able to. Your posts are the highlight of my day. LOL. Good luck.

Deb B)

Hey if you want to back out I'll gladly take your place. Seeing as you've already spent the money, someone might as well get the chance at a new life. What's that? You don't want to give it away because you want your chance at a new life? That's what I thought. Just keep telling yourself if you back out your losing your chance at happiness. Best of Luck. It will be over before you know it.

Did you go? How are you doing?

Hey Crosswind, give us an update when you're up to it, okay?

I guess you figured out all of us ACEVES lovers were not an internet scam by now!smile.gif

You are one of us now!wink.gif