Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victoria Secrets

So many obese women dream of wearing the sexy, ultimate bras from Victoria Secrets, right?

Well, I wore them when I was around 180-190lbs when I could wear the 38D dream angel bras so the major "want" to wear them wasn't there for me. But, I do love their panties, and ordered a bunch and scored 2 reward cards. I thought what the heck, let's go get measured, and buy a new sexy bra ! ! ! First off, the first girl wanted to measure me with my bra on, yeah that won't work huney. So, she calls her manager in, and I explained I'm wearing a super push up bra, with padding and I need to be measured without a bra on. I proceed to tell her that I've lost a lot of weight, and my breasts are nothing more than skin and breast tissue. As she's nodding, and saying "yeah right, you're boobs don't look bad". I take off my bra, and BAM, her eyes nearly bugged out of their damn sockets, it was quite hilarious to be honest. So, she proceeds to try to measure me, and is a bit confused because my nipples are not anywhere near where they "should" be.

We get the measurement 32-34 B. I already knew that, and proceeded to try on 18 different bras, various sizes, and I literally tried on every bra type they make with the exception of the little t-shirt bras because those little straps of cotton aren't going to hold anything up. Not a single damn one of them fit properly, or were so uncomfortable that I couldn't imagine wearing them for more than 10 minutes.

Least to say, I left feeling defeated, I think I kind of teared up a bit as I put on my $6.00 maidenform bra from Ross, and then I looked at myself in the mirror. I really looked at myself, and realized that I'm better off not dumping $48 on a bra. I had to Celebrate all of my success, and not let this one fitting room experience ruin me. I did want to buy a bra, more than anything I wanted to feel feminine and look lovely in a bra. It was emotional, and a little overwhelming, but I am not going allow it to really get me down.

Thank goodness I love their body care products and panties ! ! ! I didn't buy anything, but plan on going back this next week to get some more panties and body sprays LOL. BUT, I did stop in at Old Navy and scored 2 sweaters and tanks in XS so I shouldn't be bitching, right?

Awww... I feel you, Tiff! That was the state of my boobs the last time I lost a lot of weight, so I imagine it can only be worse now that I am older! But, I don't love their bras, anyway. Weight loss or not, I've never thought they were that comfortable, even when they fit. There have to be some other great places that make better bras.... Don't they have custom fitted places somewhere? I'll check with my friend who is petite and wears a size "E"--she can never find bras that fit in regular stores.

I just can't wait until I can but matching bras and undies that have lace and bright colors! I currently wear a 48 DDD and the only bra I like is at Lane Bryant. I have black, white and beige.. there are no other colors in my size with the bra I wear so I can not wait!

Awww... I feel you, Tiff! That was the state of my boobs the last time I lost a lot of weight, so I imagine it can only be worse now that I am older! But, I don't love their bras, anyway. Weight loss or not, I've never thought they were that comfortable, even when they fit. There have to be some other great places that make better bras.... Don't they have custom fitted places somewhere? I'll check with my friend who is petite and wears a size "E"--she can never find bras that fit in regular stores.

Thanks chickee. Honestly, I don't mind my cheap bras from Ross and TJMaxx. I have found some really comfy Maidenform balconette bras, and a couple of IZOD bras that fit well. I just recently realized I have this extra skin on my side, up under my arm. It's not fat, it's seriously extra skin. I'm hoping that with a good boob job that will help with the extra skin. With the VS bras, the one thing I found is that either they flattened me out completely, or all the padding made my "boob skin" fold onto itself and my boobs just looked gross. That new Miracle bra was the worse out of all of them, but I will say that after breast implants, I'm sure I'll have zero issue finding bras that fit properly.

Thanks chickee. Honestly, I don't mind my cheap bras from Ross and TJMaxx. I have found some really comfy Maidenform balconette bras, and a couple of IZOD bras that fit well. I just recently realized I have this extra skin on my side, up under my arm. It's not fat, it's seriously extra skin. I'm hoping that with a good boob job that will help with the extra skin. With the VS bras, the one thing I found is that either they flattened me out completely, or all the padding made my "boob skin" fold onto itself and my boobs just looked gross. That new Miracle bra was the worse out of all of them, but I will say that after breast implants, I'm sure I'll have zero issue finding bras that fit properly.

I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that I will likely need implants, too! But, you know, for all we have gone through in our weight loss journeys, that seems like a small blip on the horizon :-)... I just pray I will look as great as you with my clothes ON! :-))

I'm sorry girlie! Have you thought of Fredricks of Hollywood? My ex used to say VS is for girls who want to pretend they are virgins Fredricks are for girls who are proud they aren't. LOL

So many obese women dream of wearing the sexy, ultimate bras from Victoria Secrets, right?

Well, I wore them when I was around 180-190lbs when I could wear the 38D dream angel bras so the major "want" to wear them wasn't there for me. But, I do love their panties, and ordered a bunch and scored 2 reward cards. I thought what the heck, let's go get measured, and buy a new sexy bra ! ! ! First off, the first girl wanted to measure me with my bra on, yeah that won't work huney. So, she calls her manager in, and I explained I'm wearing a super push up bra, with padding and I need to be measured without a bra on. I proceed to tell her that I've lost a lot of weight, and my breasts are nothing more than skin and breast tissue. As she's nodding, and saying "yeah right, you're boobs don't look bad". I take off my bra, and BAM, her eyes nearly bugged out of their damn sockets, it was quite hilarious to be honest. So, she proceeds to try to measure me, and is a bit confused because my nipples are not anywhere near where they "should" be.

We get the measurement 32-34 B. I already knew that, and proceeded to try on 18 different bras, various sizes, and I literally tried on every bra type they make with the exception of the little t-shirt bras because those little straps of cotton aren't going to hold anything up. Not a single damn one of them fit properly, or were so uncomfortable that I couldn't imagine wearing them for more than 10 minutes.

Least to say, I left feeling defeated, I think I kind of teared up a bit as I put on my $6.00 maidenform bra from Ross, and then I looked at myself in the mirror. I really looked at myself, and realized that I'm better off not dumping $48 on a bra. I had to Celebrate all of my success, and not let this one fitting room experience ruin me. I did want to buy a bra, more than anything I wanted to feel feminine and look lovely in a bra. It was emotional, and a little overwhelming, but I am not going allow it to really get me down.

Thank goodness I love their body care products and panties ! ! ! I didn't buy anything, but plan on going back this next week to get some more panties and body sprays LOL. BUT, I did stop in at Old Navy and scored 2 sweaters and tanks in XS so I shouldn't be bitching, right?

Aww Tiffy, I'm sending big hugs your way! I literally could feel you crying over the internet! I'm so sorry this happened to you. . . but at least you have your $6.00 maidenform push up bra right!!! Naw bitching is good, so go for it! I still love ya!!!!

I'm sorry girlie! Have you thought of Fredricks of Hollywood? My ex used to say VS is for girls who want to pretend they are virgins Fredricks are for girls who are proud they aren't. LOL

I never even thought of going to Fredericks ! ! ! I need to see if there is a store anywhere close to us. Thanks so much ! ! !

Aww Tiffy, I'm sending big hugs your way! I literally could feel you crying over the internet! I'm so sorry this happened to you. . . but at least you have your $6.00 maidenform push up bra right!!! Naw bitching is good, so go for it! I still love ya!!!!

Love ya too. . . It was pretty emotional, and baring my soul to that manager lady was a bit telling. I could see all the little questions running through her mind. At point, I just took off my shirt and showed her what their bras did to my boobs and my skin. She was just kind of a stunned, and kept apologizing. I told her, no apologies, and it only confirmed that I need to get into the plastic surgeon way sooner ! ! !

Tiff - I'm sorry you had to go through that, but at least you've made peace with it and have a plan.

I have also had trouble finding a bra to make the girls look like they are still there. Lots of skin, but no fillin'.

I don't know if you have a Kohl's, but I've found these to be amazing ... my husband says that it looks like they haven't changed at all when I wear these. Of course, he then accuses me of false advertising. :rolleyes:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/intimates/bras/pushup/PRD~612013/Lily+of+France+Striped+Convertible+Personalized+PushUp+Bra.jsp

Tiff - I'm sorry you had to go through that, but at least you've made peace with it and have a plan.

I have also had trouble finding a bra to make the girls look like they are still there. Lots of skin, but no fillin'.

I don't know if you have a Kohl's, but I've found these to be amazing ... my husband says that it looks like they haven't changed at all when I wear these. Of course, he then accuses me of false advertising. :rolleyes:

http://www.kohls.com...+PushUp+Bra.jsp

Ohhh I will have to try that one. My last one is from Target and they still carry it but my breasticles have shrunk and I am not sure if it will still fit great. I have a coupon for 20% off Kohls right now and with it on sale it will only be $16 bucks. If anyone wants to try buying online I have a coupon code for kohls I can share.

Ohhh I will have to try that one. My last one is from Target and they still carry it but my breasticles have shrunk and I am not sure if it will still fit great. I have a coupon for 20% off Kohls right now and with it on sale it will only be $16 bucks. If anyone wants to try buying online I have a coupon code for kohls I can share.

Shopping at Kohl's gets me in so much trouble. It seems like the more I buy, the better coupons they send me. And, then I get Kohl's cash & I spend even more. I love the Croft & Barrow brand.

I definitely have transferred my addicition for food to shopping. My husband used to hate going shopping with me, but now he loves coming along. Probablly something to do with me being willing to try anything on & the huge grin I get when I have to ask for a smaller size! :D

Happy Shopping everyone!

:DOMG, I so feel ya Tiff... I used to only shop at Frederick's and I'm so in love with their bras but actually I'm kind of scared to even go and see my new size. VS never had bras that fit me and I always thought that store was for skinny prissy chicks which I am not, hee hee. I'm loving my kohl's bras my hubby bought me but yes their getting baggy. Guess all we can say is there is a must for implants after the sleeve, in which I'm ok with

Jackson, sorry but you had me on the floor with that comment and I had to show my hubby which almost choked on his lunch. haa haa.... But thats how I feel about Fredericks too their not at all like all pink and prissy like VS and thats what I loved bout Fredericks, their like the daring type