Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honestly, how often do you PB?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Honestly, how often do you PB?

• Very frequently. Sometimes as often as every meal.
    • Very frequently. Sometimes as often as once per day.
    • A Lot! 3-5 times per week.
    • At least weekly.
    • Monthly.
    • Less often than Monthly.
    • Only when it's that time of the month.
    • Never. I haven't PBed in a long time or never have.

I was just curious as to how often people really PB... really. :) Also, if you want to mention how long you've been banded... that might help (assumign there is a learning curve.)

There is definitely a learning curve. It took me 3 times trying to eat bread and getting stuck to realize that it wasnt an isolated incident, lol. I haven't eaten bread in about 6 months now! I rarely PB, less than once a month. After a fill I have learned to be cautious and aware that some foods that were okay "prefill and loose" should be tested first.......a tiny tiny tiny bite, chewed literally to liquid, and then wait several minutes to see if it seems okay. I think I rarely PB because I am very good about the small bites and chewing well. It has been about a month since my last one, and that was on a pimento out of an olive, lol.

Never. I've been badly stuck maybe twice in six months. A little stuck many times. But I've never PB'd and I dont intend to ever be tight enough to do so. At the moment, I can eat anything within reason, with the exception of tough meat like steak. I can have a nibble of that, but that's all.

PB once when I was about 1 mo out....but if I'm understanding this correctly....I have gotten stuck much more unfortunately!! :) You would think I would catch on!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still eat too quickly.....I still take too big of bites....but I am learning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -50lbs :)

I've PB'd a total of 9 times in the past 9 months. The first 5 times happened within the first 4 months. Then I didn't do it again until my recent over-fill episode in early May where I PB'd 4 times within 3 days.

Since my fill (good fill) June 8th, I have gotten stuck twice now.

The second time being RIGHT NOW!

I am at work, snacking on my lunch, and sho'nuff, turkey lunch meat and I am not going to be friends. I tried turkey right when I got home from my fill, and figured it was stuck b/c I was dumb!

This time I think I am dumb again as I don't think I chewed it really well.

So, for the next hour or so, I will sit here and ride this out.

I feel like I swollowed a blowfrog and it's stuck in my chest and keeps puffing it's self up with air. It passes, and I get this sense that it might be over soon, then nooooo - I feel pressure all over again.

I want a nap now! :)

I was banded on 4/3 and got my first fill on 6/1. I have pbed about 5 times this month! Mostly, I eat too fast (being too hungry) don't chew enough and eat too much. I have had to leave the table 2-3 times and then pb or vomit in the bathroom or parking lot at a restaurant. I am having a hard time getting used to my fill (obviously)

I had no problems with pb until this last fill on friday 6/9/06 oh boy I have had 3 instances with drinking Tomato juice, not only that trying to take my medications they get stuck and won't go down! before this no problem was able to eat within reason sort of slow, I was banded 4/29/06 was restricted, lot 10lbs in 2 weeks and since then I have only lost 5lbs but now I think I will have to go back in on friday to have an unfill I got 2.2cc this last fill and the fill before that 1.2cc. just remember to chew chew chew eat slow and don't overdo, good luck!

I have PB'd only once but have had that 'stuck golfball' feeling quite a few times and that was probably from eating too fast or not chewing well enough. :faint: That hurts! But it's all part of it!

I PB about once a week and have no one to blame but myself. Usually I get overhungry, eat too fast or too big a bite and I'm off to the races. I have been really diligent lately and it's reduced A LOT but I still struggle. I stupidly tried to eat a biscotti on Sunday. Only to barf. Only to try the biscotti again. Only to barf again.

Some fools never learn.......:)

I think that is so interesting when you read what everyone gets stucks! It is always so different.. although I think that it sounds like bread is harsh but I cannot eat alot of things like Bread, tortillas, chicken, carrot(raw) or fries, but steak I can get down no problem and it is a problem because I am not big on red meat but I eat it more because it is easy an high Protein.< /p>

I've only PB'd once and I've been banded since February. I've felt restriction from day one (although in varying degrees). My PB was wholly due to overeating and fast eating (it happened on a cruise ship). I've come close a few other times. I had a fill today and am quite tight; I don't want to PB again, so I ate very, very slowly tonight and chewed very well. I guess that means I'm learning!

I have been banded for about 7 weeks now. The first week I was on mushies I pb'd once. Then, for some reason this week, it has happened twice. Once on chicken, which normally goes down easy for me. The other time we had Japanese food delivered to the house, and I ate a piece of the steak. I should have known better, it was way too tough and it was a most unpleasant experience. I haven't been filled yet, so I am hoping after next Monday when I do, this doesn't become an even more frequent problem.