Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. I'm Angie! I am about six months out from my sleeve and I couldn't be happier. :thumbup:

Before my surgery I weighed in at 268 lbs (I'm 5ft 6in) and was miserable! I couldn't even walk upstairs to tuck my kids in without being short of breath and having to stop half way up and I'm only 27!!! I am an RN and work 12 hour shifts on my feet, so the extra weight was not my friend. I developed really bad edema to my feet and legs (I was taking 60mg Lasix three times a day and it wasn't helping!). I was using a CPAP for my sleep apnea and was hypertensive and my Dr kept warning me about my cardio risk b/c our my family hx. I also have PCOS and insulin resistance. Fun Fun, right? NOT!

My Mom has had a gastric bypass w/ 2 revisions and now has a band over her bypass and is finally losing weight. My Dad has a bypass and has lost 160 lbs, my Step-Mom has a bypass and has lost 120 lbs. So I thought I would get a bypass, but then my cousin got a sleeve. I had never even heard of it before, but once he told me more, I was definately very interested. So I did some homework and decided on a sleeve. I got my sleeve in Jan by Dr. Umbach in Las Vegas and I am so pleased with their office. They are fantastic and I have already recommended them to several of my friends.

So now, six months out, I have normal blood pressure, no swelling in my legs and feet (even after four 12s in a row), no more CPAP, am down 55 lbs and went from a size 22 to a size 16!! :001_tt1::001_tt1: My issues w/ low blood sugar are gone and my PCOS symptoms are pretty much history. So I'm on very happy girl! I'm most happy about setting a good example for my kids and helping to break the chain of obesity that has gripped our family for 3 generations (at least)!!:)

HI there, and welcome ! ! ! Glad to have you, and congrats on getting your sleeve.

Keep us posted on your progress, and share everything with us especially for the newbie sleevesters.

Congratulations! I remember talking with your dad at our post-op visits. He was such an inspiration. Glad to hear that you are doing so well.

Glad you found us and decided to join us!

Congratulations on your loss and all of those positive changes!

Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. Every story I read makes a difference in my life. I am hoping for surgery in August. It has been an emotional roller coaster and we are still on the ride... This forum has been a great resource for me. I am really happy that you guys are out here.

Shadowwolf549,

Get yourself a Ticker and keep us posted. I'm so happy about your progress! I don't have a surgery date yet but I expect to be sleeved in November 2010. Post some pics too:)

Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your story! I am 27 also :) :) I started at 310 and I'm down to 269 after 6 weeks whoo hoo! I love the sleeve!!!! Being a size 16 must feel so great!!! Ridding yourself of so many health problems is a huge accomplishment. Since you are my age I am sure you know how I feel - that having so many problems at this age is just absurd and doing this allows us to get our life back so we can live many healthy years ahead of us.

Welcome-I loved reading your post, we inspire each other here so I look forward to following you journey.:)

HI and welcome.

It sounds like you're rockin' your sleeve - well done. Keep us posted with your weight loss and I'm sure you'll find this forum a good source of support.

Kathy

Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your story! I am 27 also :) :) I started at 310 and I'm down to 269 after 6 weeks whoo hoo! I love the sleeve!!!! Being a size 16 must feel so great!!! Ridding yourself of so many health problems is a huge accomplishment. Since you are my age I am sure you know how I feel - that having so many problems at this age is just absurd and doing this allows us to get our life back so we can live many healthy years ahead of us.

Exactly! It's nice to know that my thirties will be spent "healthy" and not focusing on health probs. :lol0:

Angie,

I will join everyone else and congratulate you on your decision and your journey.

I don't know if those of you, who are post-op, understand how much you inspire those of us who are pre-op.

I read that you no longer need your C-pap machine and one of my main goals is to get rid of my Bi-pap machine. Not that it's uncomfortable, but I feel like I'm a prisioner to it. It makes me so depressed to have to "hook up" to that thing every night.

It seems like a miracle that your health has improved SO much in only a few months!

I have an appointment for my work physical in about 1 1/2 hours and I'm trying not to stress and raise my blood pressure so I'll pass it. I have a CDL and if my bp is too high or if the doc determines that 3 bp meds are too many to pass me (or if my 3rd and newest bp med is not on the allowable list), I could lose my job. I also have to take in a download of my compliance with the Bi-pap and if I haven't used it enough...again I could fail my physical.

I'm so sick of this weight I could scream :thumbup: !

I'm currently jumping through all the ins. hoops and hope that before Oct. I will be joining you on the loser's bench!

KabinKitty,

I know what you mean about stressing before a physical! I used to hate going to my annual physical at work b/c I would get the "talk" about my cholesterol, BP, weight, etc, etc, etc! BARF!! I'm a Nurse, for goodness sakes...I KNOW it's not healthy to be overweight. It just kills me that people think that b/c someone is overweight they can say ANYTHING to them. WHAT??? Not.

Here's hoping that you get to join the losers' bench really soon! It is such a liberating thing to not have to be tied down to my mask at bedtime. My Husband loves that I don't snore anymore too. ;)

Snoring is one thing I am hoping to be rid of soon! It's one of those things you don't really know you do until someone starts complaining about it. DH used to drink and he was a snoring machine at the time. I'm afraid I'm just as bad (or worse if I listen to him, but then again, he's a light sleeper, I sleep like the dead). One thing about it is that I still always feel refreshed upon waking, so I'm hoping I'll feel even better!