Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

(some pics)proof you have to lift weights!

as most know ive have lost a lot of weigh thus far. 146 pounds to be exact. anyway when i got about 220 pounds my arms and thighs was not looking too hot and my arms bother me then anything. there was a lot of lose fat and i was dreading the fact that i may need more surgery and after the ordeal with my sleeve i was not looking forward to more surgery also who want to be stuck covering their arms all summer long. so 5 months ago today i decide to start lifting weights. an here are the results. i'm 176 pounds right now. as you can see the pics speak for it self. so i'm not stuck covering my arms this summer! now my thighs are another story but the are a lot smaller and i have lost 4 more inches off of them and there is a huge improvment to them (no i wont be posting my thighs at least not now lol) but they look fine in swiming boy shorts and to me that like wearing a two piece. so moral of the story is lift those weights.

1st pick was at 220 and plenty of sagging. 2nd pic is 4 months out. 3rd is a pic of my arms today at 176.:thumbup:

xoxo,

nikki

post-494-138136558964_thumb.jpg

post-494-1381365589662_thumb.jpg

post-494-13813655896845_thumb.jpg

Edited by ryansgirl

Your arms look tight and fit! Kudos to you for putting in the WORK the results are fabulous. I am very proud of you. Thanks for sharing. I just wish I was as young as you are :(

Nice job! Do you mind sharing your workout regime?

Wow, your arms look fantastic now. Please tell us what you do. My arms look like the first pic and I'd love to get them toned up like yours are.

Thank you SO much for posting those, they give me hope! I was actually thinking of asking if anyone who looked like they were going to have batwings had some shrinkage further down the line. My arms also look like your first pic, at 5 1/2 months out and 62 lbs down (from my highest), with 36 - 48 lbs to go. If they skin was gone, they'd already be looking good but they're pretty not-so-pretty right now.

Assuming you're doing the standard biceps and triceps exercises, but I'd be interested in knowing specifically what you've been doing too. Your arms look great!!

That is such a transformation...good job!

And just so you know, my thighs and droopy butt were/are the worst part of my body, but they have been SLOWLY getting better (not great yet) over the past month or so. So there is hope there too.

thanks guys and i use all the machines at the gym and i do this 4 x a weeks on one of those days of week i use standard weights and no more then 10 pounds. because im going for tone not bulky and lighter weights, faster reps will get you that. dee i been using the elliptical trainer it has given me the best results more then any squats. i ride it backwards. i do cardio 25 mins. everyday i hate cardio but i can do it for 25 min with out dying of boredom so my theory is if i do it everyday it would add ups to about 40 mintues 3x a week. plus i was told it not about how long you work out it how hard you use those mintues you set aside to give it your all. also your diet really counts it actully 80 percent of how you build your muscles. get the right carb/protein/fat ration will make all the difference and that is what been working for me.

Edited by ryansgirl

thanks nikki for the info. great job on getting your arms to shrink. i haven't been able to go to the gym because my 2 youngest boys have been playing ball, planting and taking care of a garden,but i told my husband i am starting back tomorow. i haven't been since the end of march so i know i will have to build back up. i have been walking and taking the stairs but i am sure it is not like the eliptical trainer that i was able to do for 30 min. i have been really disappointed in me for not making the effort to get there. my gym is not open 24 hours a day!! well wish me luck and you look awesome..

Nikki,

You have given me hope. I HATE HATE HATE what my arms have become and I do not want to get surgery on them later, but your arms look amazing. I'm gonna have to kick it in gear!!!! Great job lady, thanks for always being an inspiration.

You're looking fab - thanks for posting the pics and your routine! You've given us all hope!!

Kathy

Thanks for sharing this ~ it's really motivational! I am going to start strength training after my 3 week post op appointment (assuming he gives me the go ahead to do so) and definitely going to have a focus on my arms. Thanks for including the photos it really is amazing.

NIKKI!!! your arms look amazing!

that was my only complaint when I was buying a few new clothes this weekend ... my arms are a little flabby.

Curves will have to do it for me for now tho. Hopefully I can move up to "real" weights in a few months!

GREAT JOB!! you should go on the Oprah show as an inspirational person! We should all start writing her letters!! : )

I've been doing all sorts of tri ceps work outs with weights and it does not seem to be helping. While I am doing the reps, I can see muscles but when I am done, all I see is flabby skin.

I've been working with weights since surgery and my thighs look great but I can't seem to build any muscle in my triceps.

Sissy, my friend had the same prob, weights never did anything for her triceps. She has been doing this boot camp class the past few months and they make her do 100 push ups each time (3x per week) and her triceps are now rock hard! Not saying you have to do 100 but maybe instead of the weights try push ups. Hope this helps!