Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Day until I have CONTROL!!

Hello All,

My name is Hannah...surgery is Thursday at 9:30 a.m., by Dr. Matthew St Laurent in Houston Texas. I am a little nervous I guess, but waaaay more excited about being able to gain some control over the weight.

My History:

2002 I was banded by Dr. Molina--Non adjustable---lost 170 lbs, but the last 100 was because the band had moved and I was SICK for about 6 months before finding a Dr who would remove the band (and convince insurance to pay). So in 2007 band was GONE--thus I gained 200 lbs REALLY quick, my body gained 9 lbs in 2 days at the hospital just in liquids--no food. Anyway in under 1 year, 200 lbs came back--I signed up for Weight Watchers the day I left the hospital, but because 18 fat grams was more than I was holding down, I still gained weight--then came Jenny Craig--$1500 NOT so well spent, lol. So now I'm paying for my surgery--figure the $6000a year in meds I will be saving from all my little weight related issues over the next few years more than pays for my surgery, :D

Now:

I'm ready for some control back, I adore cheese, italian, american, sushi, bbq, just about all food...and I love to cook, so this is my only real solution. I look forward to a surgery that doesn't 'slip' or become 'eroded'.

Pre Op:

I have been on a liquid diet for 6 days so far (Protein shakes and 2 cups of veggies per day), I've lost 16 lbs--my hubby ate pizza next to me tonight, I could have eaten that whole plate!!! Oh well, 48 more hours and I'll be sleeved!

I plan to go back to work the Monday after the surgery, I've talked to a couple ladies who went right back...gonna have to just tough it out, lol!:)

Hi and Welcome to VST.

Congrats on getting control back, you'll love the sleeve. Keep us posted on your progress, and I look forward to hearing of your success during your journey ! ! !

Hello All,

My name is Hannah...surgery is Thursday at 9:30 a.m., by Dr. Matthew St Laurent in Houston Texas. I am a little nervous I guess, but waaaay more excited about being able to gain some control over the weight.

My History:

2002 I was banded by Dr. Molina--Non adjustable---lost 170 lbs, but the last 100 was because the band had moved and I was SICK for about 6 months before finding a Dr who would remove the band (and convince insurance to pay). So in 2007 band was GONE--thus I gained 200 lbs REALLY quick, my body gained 9 lbs in 2 days at the hospital just in liquids--no food. Anyway in under 1 year, 200 lbs came back--I signed up for Weight Watchers the day I left the hospital, but because 18 fat grams was more than I was holding down, I still gained weight--then came Jenny Craig--$1500 NOT so well spent, lol. So now I'm paying for my surgery--figure the $6000a year in meds I will be saving from all my little weight related issues over the next few years more than pays for my surgery, :thumbup:

Now:

I'm ready for some control back, I adore cheese, italian, american, sushi, bbq, just about all food...and I love to cook, so this is my only real solution. I look forward to a surgery that doesn't 'slip' or become 'eroded'.

Pre Op:

I have been on a liquid diet for 6 days so far (Protein shakes and 2 cups of veggies per day), I've lost 16 lbs--my hubby ate pizza next to me tonight, I could have eaten that whole plate!!! Oh well, 48 more hours and I'll be sleeved!

I plan to go back to work the Monday after the surgery, I've talked to a couple ladies who went right back...gonna have to just tough it out, lol!:biggrin0:

I had my surgery on a Thursday, drove from Mexico to Houston on Saturday and back to work on Monday. My husband wanted me to stay home but I was fine, the docs insisted that I walk every 30 minutes in the hospital so the general soreness became minimal.

Welcome Welcome.. such a wonderful place to be... the people that have been here a while are so very helpful.. ask anything and they will answer. :biggrin0:

Thanks for the replys I'm home, but the clear liquid diet isn't going down as I thought...maybe my sleeve is still too swollen...sticking with Water tomorrow and maybe just 2 oz of Protein chicken broth! Don't know when I'll get to that 64 oz of water!

The swelling does make it hard to get the fluids down at first...that will gradually get better. But that's the most important thing the first few weeks...fluids. Don't worry about Protein and other stuff...just don't get dehydrated! That can cause lots of problems that you don't want. Sip Burp, Sip, Burp....walk walk walk, nap in between. You'll do fine! Right now your sleeve is in control...it's going to do some great work for you!

Hello boredoncemore,

It sounds like you have made the right decision and I hope and pray that all works out for you. I had my surgery done on Dec.2 and the first few days I had terrible nausea and gas pains, but that has eased up quite a bit. I am still having a hard time with the pureed diet, but I have tried 4 things so far. I am drinking 2 Protein milkshakes and drinking 1 Liquid Protein each day. That way I am getting enough protein and enough liquids. I also eat Jello some days and Minute Maid Apple juice (only part of the 10 oz. bottle at a time). I mix skim milk in my milkshakes so that gives me some more protein and also put some walnuts or pecans which adds some protein and the good fats. My diet called for me to drink at least 32 oz. of Water but try to get 64 if possible. Try to find something to drink out of that has a small opening so that you don't have to smell it and it makes it go down easier. Sometimes the water smells funny from too much chlorine in it. I hope this helps. I wish you all the best.

Thanks for all the replies! I think I will just make sure the Water is down...and worry about Protein a few days from now. My Doc did say I could go without food for 40 days, but could not go without water! I walked today, wrapped my tummy with a waist girdle thingy to keep it from jiggling...might try sleeping in that thing too!