Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help 1.5 days pre op diet and failed

im currently tucking in to a slice of cheese cake as i write this- why oh why am i sabotaging this diet. ive only been on my pre op diet for less than 2 days.

Im seriously considering cancelling the op how can i be so stupid

Help!:laugh0:

im currently tucking in to a slice of cheese cake as i write this- why oh why am i sabotaging this diet. ive only been on my pre op diet for less than 2 days.

Help!:laugh0:

Don't "throw out the baby with the bathwater". Just rededicate yourself to the program. Start over NOW.

You can do this.

Rid your refrigerator and pantry of all items that are not on your diet now. Maybe that will help. You're not alone in this kind of problem.

Once you see the weight coming off it will help motivate you to change some eating patterns and keep it off.

For now, use every tool you can to help you stay with the program.

Hang in there. The pre-op diet is hard, and your head has to be in the right place. I was suppose to do 2 weeks, but only made one fully successful week.

I started out surviving on Atkins Advantage shakes, crystal lite green tea with raspberry, and Water. By day 3 the only Atkins Advantage that I could tolerate was the dark chocolate. I ended up buying Lipton chicken noodle Soup. I know I should not have the noodles, but the Soup is only 60 calories a serving. I fished out most of the noodles drank that in the evening mixed with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder. I found having something hot/warm to drink was very satisfying. This has gotten me to Day 7 of the liquid diet.

Put the cheesecake down, take a deep breath, and give it another try! You can do it!

Hugs,

JoAnne

Help!:cursing:

I am going to post what I posted to you on your other thread again, just in case you didn't read it. I am now sitting here at 2:34 in the morning and I have a chocolate shake with 1/2 banana in it. I forgot to put my 2 paks of splenda in it and guess what, IT TASTES SO SO GOOD. I am having to eat it with a spoon just like ice cream. I hope you can get out and buy some of the freezer mugs that I mention in the copied reply to you. Here goes: good luck experimenting!!!!!!--------------->>>>>>>>

Re: 3rd day pre op failing and may cancel op

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't give up, hang in there. I don't know if this will help or not, but I can tell you what I am doing to help me through those difficult moments. I went to Hardee's fast food yesterday, and I just ordered a cup of Ice Water which was free. and that way I filled up on Water while visiting with my family. My daughter forgot that I started my shakes and she brought me some banana nut bread. I told her thank you very much, but I gave it to another family member. I just try to think how important this is and that after surgery I will be able to eat some of those things with family in smaller amounts.

Also, when I make my strawberry milkshakes I try to make them taste better by adding a half of a banana, 6 oz. skim milk, 2 paks of splenda and 1 tablespoon of pecans or walnuts. Another thing I use is about 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple(in its own juice-no sugar added). I also use chocolate milkshakes with banana, nuts and splenda. I use two plastic mugs that has water inside of them, I put them in the freezer. When I make the milkshakes I take one mug out and put three Ice cubes in the mug and pour the shake over the ice. The mug has frozen water in the sides, so the shake freezes from that and the ice cubes in the mug. The shake gets so thick that I have to use a spoon, it was almost like eating ice cream. It tasted so so so good.

I also stay out in the car whenever family goes into the store, so that I won't be tempted by all the foods. If I need to get something from the store I will go hurry in and out and not browse like usual.

Also another thing that has helped me, When I purchased my Centrum Vitamins I also needed Citrate Calcium with Vitamin D, I purchased some chewable wafers and also I purchased two bags of SUGAR FREE-CHOCOLATE CITRATE Calcium WITH Vitamin D CHEWS. I can only have one a day, but it is like eating a piece of candy each day. The chocolate chews are almost like eating a toosie roll- without sugar. Just experiment and you will find out that you will find ways to make them tasty. I wish you all the best.

1 cup of banana contains 200 calories, 51 grams of carbs, 28 grams of sugar.

Instead of eating all that "sugar", I put a few drops of banana-flavored extract in my chocolate shakes. Still tastes like banana but NO calories!

ML - great ways you are dealing with the challenges of the pre-op diet - thanks for posting and hopefully it well help dalite.

1 cup of banana contains 200 calories, 51 grams of carbs, 28 grams of sugar.

Instead of eating all that "sugar", I put a few drops of banana-flavored extract in my chocolate shakes. Still tastes like banana but NO calories!

Thank you so much, I have been trying to figure out ways to have 4-5 shakes and a Protein Bar each day without alot of calories. I have to try to stay between 700-1000 calories each day. Maybe I can start doing that tomorrow. I also found at Wal-mart a bottle of some Syrup Hazelnut sugar-free, it is sweetened with splenda. I will find out the name of it and post it later. It is only $4.00 and it is a good sized bottle. I will go get some to use, that way I won't have to have the calories from the walnuts and pecans that I have been using in my shakes. I finally figured out how to put my ticker ruler on here. I am grateful for your information, have a great day!!

Edited by mountain_lover

Hi all

Thank you so much for your support.. I have had the most amazing journey in the last 12 months. I closed my art gallery / coffee shop in liverpool uk last christmas.

Packed up my husband 4 kids and house (that was hard) and emmigrated to Israel in March. Got the kids settled, nick the husband found a job ive been working a little - now im having the most life changing operation and i wonder why i got depressed last week!!

Anyway even with tucking into the cake i managed to lose 4 pounds. (yay me)

I used to be on a very expensive diet - lighter life last year in the uk and have still got 4 days of shakes left so im going to go on those for the last four days as i find it easier to have 4 shakes a day rather than think about food.

Thank you all so so so much for your support. I will keep everyone upto date with whats occuring (happening) much love and hugs of support back to you all.

Dalite.xxxxx

Ps ive got my smile back!!!!

Hi all

Thank you so much for your support.. I have had the most amazing journey in the last 12 months. I closed my art gallery / coffee shop in liverpool uk last christmas.

Packed up my husband 4 kids and house (that was hard) and emmigrated to Israel in March. Got the kids settled, nick the husband found a job ive been working a little - now im having the most life changing operation and i wonder why i got depressed last week!!

Anyway even with tucking into the cake i managed to lose 4 pounds. (yay me)

I used to be on a very expensive diet - lighter life last year in the uk and have still got 4 days of shakes left so im going to go on those for the last four days as i find it easier to have 4 shakes a day rather than think about food.

Thank you all so so so much for your support. I will keep everyone upto date with whats occuring (happening) much love and hugs of support back to you all.

Dalite.xxxxx

Ps ive got my smile back!!!!

Keep smiling and moving foward. This pre-op diet will be over soon for us and then we will be going through the post-op diet. If we have a hard time I am sure that everyone will be here to support us through it and help us to get back on the right path. Have a happy day!!( Well My stomach is making noises, I think I will go fix me another milk shake before I go to sleep. It is 2:14 AM in the morning, but I know that I will feel better and be more ready to go asleep afterwards. I have only been able to get 3 milkshakes in during the day, but around 2-3 in the morning I am ready for another one. )