Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you consume more calories than you think?

• I was doing really good at journalling all of my eating, then tonight I decided to go to a new site I found:
  • http://www.fitclick.com/
  • It's free- kinda like fitday- but when I added up everything I ate today............:sad0::sad0::thumbdown:

• So I was wondering if anyone else is going thru this?? Maybe thats why I'm at a stall?? I also checked when I last logged on and only lost 14 pounds in 60 days:confused:

• I wanna be at ONEderland by Susans Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Chancie
h

I am really, really bad about logging what I eat. I hate having to track every piece of food I place in my mouth. But, when I do, I know my weight loss is definitely better. I should probably get back to it as well. When I do track, I use the daily plate, because I can track on my iPhone with their program.

I am really, really bad about logging what I eat. I hate having to track every piece of food I place in my mouth. But, when I do, I know my weight loss is definitely better. I should probably get back to it as well. When I do track, I use the daily plate, because I can track on my iPhone with their program.

Susan - I track the same way. Daily planet both on my laptop and iphone. Keeps me honest.

I need to start tracking, but I really don't have the time to do it at work, then when i get home, I forget about it!

I haven't been good at tracking what I eat at all - I should as I think I'm with Chancie in that I'm at a stall and going on week 2-- so maybe if I start tracking it I'll see where I'm going wrong and start losing again.

I track everything. When I'm at home, I do it online as I eat it. When I'm on vacation, I write it in a notebook and input it into my online journal when I get home.

I think this is a big reason why I've been so successful in losing my weight and never had any stalls. (Exercise is the other reason.)

I can't be bothered with tracking. I ate a lot of junk food over the last week while I was out of town and I was shocked that I didn't gain an ounce. I wasn't around a scale.

I am not in the losing phase, and I am sure if I were, I would be a lot more careful. It's nice to be happy with where I am now, almost 6 months post op.

Before my surgery I tested out tracking every calorie...I was shocked at how much I had been eating. I'm a grazer. No wonder I have been gaining and gaining. I always thought I did not eat much, ...seriously! It just adds up so fast.

Since the surgery, what I do is plan my meals the night before, or first thing in the morning, on weekdays. I chart on an excel file what I am going to eat including ounces, grams of Protein, calories, carbs, fats, and sodium. At nigit I often have to go back and delete or add a few things from that day but the bulk of the work has been done. It helps me stay honest, and is teaching me what I need to do to meet goals. Most days I do OK. Occasionally I go way over or way under on something. But it's a guide. On weekends I am more lax with it.

Okay, you guys have inspired me. I am so determined to hit onederland before my birthday, I just have to!!! So, I moved my Livestrong app back to the first page on my iPhone and am going to start religiously tracking everything I put in my mouth. I am going to back away from the gatorade and start drinking nothing but Water again. And, I am going to up my exercise. The weather is cooler now, and the dogs love taking me for brisk walks at night, so I am going to let them walk me every night. (yes, they walk me, not the other way around, lol).

On November 1st, I will be under 200 pounds, I WILL!!! And then, I will finally post some progress pictures.

OK, we are all pulling for you guys...keep us updated on how you are doing!

GREAT responce guys!!

Getting me motivated too Susan!!

I'm gonna be under 200 pounds for your Birthday toooooooooooo!!!

Before I logged on, I already made my eating plan for the day, and did my morning exercises...... I AM SERIOUS- getting back to basics.

I think alot of my problem is I have gotten too comfortable at the weight I'm at now. I'm in a size 14 pants which I havn't seen in MANY years...... and going from a highest weight of 373- welll--- I FEEL almost skinny... I know it sounds crazy.

I don't want to stay at this weight, but it is such an improvement to where I was.... does that make any sence at all????

So I'm shooting for 199 by Nov. 1st!

I think alot of my problem is I have gotten too comfortable at the weight I'm at now. I'm in a size 14 pants which I havn't seen in MANY years...... and going from a highest weight of 373- welll--- I FEEL almost skinny... I know it sounds crazy.

I don't want to stay at this weight, but it is such an improvement to where I was.... does that make any sence at all????

So I'm shooting for 199 by Nov. 1st!

It makes perfect sense to me Chancie - you've lost a lot of weight and sizes, so there was nothing wrong with taking a "break". Now you're ready to get going again.

You've all inspired me to start tracking as well, so now I have to find someplace I can track at work as easily as at home -- which program do you think is the easiest and best?

Thanks!

Thanks Vegas..... I think I needed to hear that. But am on the "wagon" again... I've got 12 pounds to lose by the 1st- it might be too much to do in such a short time, but I'm gonna try!

BTW- I wanted to tell you how great you are lookin'!!! Keep up the good work!!

Chancie, I also understand where you are coming from. What is wierd is people are so used to seeing me at 283, that at my current weight they think I am perfectly healthy. They say if I lose anymore, I am going to be too skinny. Hello, I don't even weigh under 200 yet, that is still obese!

Vegas, I like www.thedailyplate.com, there is also www.fitday.com, www.sparkpeople.com and some others. I don't care for spark though, you get slammed with a ton of annoying emails from them.