Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

empowering elements

Hi everyone

I just wanted to share my **success** story, even tho i am only 2 months out i have learnt soooo much already.

I realllly cant beleive how far i have come with food records, will power and brain training. i remember before surgury i was reading how people did this about face with habbits and lifestyle and was kind of scared for myself that i couldnt toe the line, get it right. i didnt want to lose the battle yet again, but heres the thing.....i have lost 80 lbs (half myself and half with the sleeve) and now, for the first time in my life i have some control over my food intake. i take great delight in having a small portion 6 times a day i dont ever feel hungry and last but not least i finally got my head around it all...to feel like i am free from the slavery of a choc and take out addiction is a mirical in itself and so felling ill after eating/drinking a small treat is a very good reason not to do it again!! even while i am still in a 250lb body im starting to feel like i have the mantality on a skinny person which is priceless. i have freddos in the fridge that i havnt eaten *just because they are there!!!* they have been there a week and i ate 1 as a treat!!!!!:thumbup1: (previously would not of lasted 1 day)

i find it totally amazing that everything is really looking so bright.... the fog is lifting and the rythem is working for me. exercise is comming into my life without pressureing myself to do it. my choices in food are better and i loveeee making dinner and putting serves in the freezer for lunches later. NEVER in a million years would i EVER of thought i would be happy doing this kind of preperation. NEVERRRRRRRR. i was just not that person!!!! the tables have turned and for the very first time i feel im looking after myself the we should be looking after ourselves.

knowing what i know now if i had to do it again, i would do it in a heartbeat. to those who are thinking about it, this is the best choice you will ever make in your life on so many levels. to feel like a normal human being not being ruled by mindless eating is priceless. to not have to worry about plate overloading embarisment is releif and to have a body that starts working for you a little better every day is total joy. the pride i feel for myself is empowering which makes all the positive elements spiral!!! im so greatful the spiral is going in the right direction now!

I honestly feel like a different person when it comes to this part of my life and truely never thought it possible to train my brain to opperate like this!! its now clear to me that this surgury was by far soooo much more than just weight loss surgury, it was/is a positive adjustment to my inner self that most dont see. a lifestyle that i would never of been able to undertake under my own steem and last but not least, an opportunity to drop the self hate/self abuse and be friends with myself for the first time in my life.

cheers Ange.

wish i did this ages ago!

Ange - thanks for sharing your story, I am sure it will help lots of members make a decision and/or know they made the right decision, too. I am SO HAPPY for you - keep up the GREAT work!

Yea Ange!

It is so liberating, I know I felt that right off the bat after the surgery.

You have put into words why we are doing this, and it is so true. Wonderful to get such a positive message like yours out there.

Thanks so much for sharing your feelings and joy about the results you are experiencing! And only after 2 months! Terrific, girl!

Cheers,

Donna

Hi everyone

I just wanted to share my **success** story, even tho i am only 2 months out i have learnt soooo much already.

I realllly cant beleive how far i have come with food records, will power and brain training. i remember before surgury i was reading how people did this about face with habbits and lifestyle and was kind of scared for myself that i couldnt toe the line, get it right. i didnt want to lose the battle yet again, but heres the thing.....i have lost 80 lbs (half myself and half with the sleeve) and now, for the first time in my life i have some control over my food intake. i take great delight in having a small portion 6 times a day i dont ever feel hungry and last but not least i finally got my head around it all...to feel like i am free from the slavery of a choc and take out addiction is a mirical in itself and so felling ill after eating/drinking a small treat is a very good reason not to do it again!! even while i am still in a 250lb body im starting to feel like i have the mantality on a skinny person which is priceless. i have freddos in the fridge that i havnt eaten *just because they are there!!!* they have been there a week and i ate 1 as a treat!!!!!:thumbup1: (previously would not of lasted 1 day)

i find it totally amazing that everything is really looking so bright.... the fog is lifting and the rythem is working for me. exercise is comming into my life without pressureing myself to do it. my choices in food are better and i loveeee making dinner and putting serves in the freezer for lunches later. NEVER in a million years would i EVER of thought i would be happy doing this kind of preperation. NEVERRRRRRRR. i was just not that person!!!! the tables have turned and for the very first time i feel im looking after myself the we should be looking after ourselves.

knowing what i know now if i had to do it again, i would do it in a heartbeat. to those who are thinking about it, this is the best choice you will ever make in your life on so many levels. to feel like a normal human being not being ruled by mindless eating is priceless. to not have to worry about plate overloading embarisment is releif and to have a body that starts working for you a little better every day is total joy. the pride i feel for myself is empowering which makes all the positive elements spiral!!! im so greatful the spiral is going in the right direction now!

I honestly feel like a different person when it comes to this part of my life and truely never thought it possible to train my brain to opperate like this!! its now clear to me that this surgury was by far soooo much more than just weight loss surgury, it was/is a positive adjustment to my inner self that most dont see. a lifestyle that i would never of been able to undertake under my own steem and last but not least, an opportunity to drop the self hate/self abuse and be friends with myself for the first time in my life.

cheers Ange.

Very, Very inspiring, Ange. You have cut right to the heart of the matter. It's not just about losing weight. It's a whole, new paradigm. Thanks for your insights.

thanks girls...

as i was reading over this a almost felt like i have been in like a jail all my life and then being free for the first time. thats exactly what its like dont you think??

hope this helps someone!!!

Ange.

I love the sleeve too. It seems like maintaining my weight loss is so effortless.

I too wish I had done this years ago!

Thank you so much for updating us on your journey. Congrats. on your way to freedom. I know what you mean about this turn around. I feel lighter just getting rid of the burden of wanting to eat all the time.

Hi everyone

I realllly cant beleive how far i have come with food records, will power and brain training. i remember before surgury i was reading how people did this about face with habbits and lifestyle and was kind of scared for myself that i couldnt toe the line, get it right. i didnt want to lose the battle yet again, but heres the thing.....i have lost 80 lbs (half myself and half with the sleeve) and now, for the first time in my life i have some control over my food intake. i take great delight in having a small portion 6 times a day i dont ever feel hungry and last but not least i finally got my head around it all...to feel like i am free from the slavery of a choc and take out addiction is a mirical in itself and so felling ill after eating/drinking a small treat is a very good reason not to do it again!! even while i am still in a 250lb body im starting to feel like i have the mantality on a skinny person which is priceless. i have freddos in the fridge that i havnt eaten *just because they are there!!!* they have been there a week and i ate 1 as a treat!!!!!:lol0: (previously would not of lasted 1 day)

cheers Ange.

Wow, what a wonderful and inspirational story that is . . . keep going Ange, I can see this is definately going to work for you! I'm so happy to hear you have become "friends" with yourself. . . that is the most important part in life, to like yourself. . . if you like yourself then everything seems much brighter and your so much more happy and can accomplish anything you want to . . . .I can't wait for January. . . I just wish it was here now. . . .you know when you want something really bad, the time just drags. . . well it's doing that for me . . . I want to be a success story too, just like all the folks on this forum and just like you! Good luck and God Bless !:scared0:

Thank you Ange, I am in the process of deciding and the sleeve is the only option for me, it is so great to hear your experience. You are so right those are the things I want, to stop being a slave to my want for food. the way you have written this makes me want it so bad. I can have this, I have to do the work, I know, but I can do this you have given me much inspiration. All the best, can't wait till I can post my 2 month story. Reading your story has made me feel so much better. I always hear about the RNY, but hearing how everyone here think of the Sleeve makes me know I am making the right decision. All the best & keep up the great work and posts.