Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Month Check up.....

I had my 6 month check up on Thursday- my Surgiversary was yesterday:001_smile:

He was really pleased with my progress.... I'm at 65% of my weight loss ( wants us to be at 50% by 6 month mark ) So he was pleased. I didn't have to have any Labs done, we kinda strayed off the usuall routine because I lost so much weight so fast so he did them earlier... but since they all came back GREAT, we'll do them at 9 months.

I've lost another 2 pounds:thumbup:

One thing I did ask him about is that I started my period again, I hadn't had a period for about 3-4 months prior to surgery and that was in Feb...then I am like "Clock work" since June, and I notice the week prior.... I am craving sweets:scared0: He said this was normal, my body and my harmones are getting to a healthy level, and thats why I'm having a period again.

I also asked him the coffee ( caffine ) question.... he explained that in the beginning it doesn't count towards your Fluid intake, and that caffine can make you have "cravings" and want to "snack".

I gave up coffee a year prior to surgery, but this past month I was tired of cold Protein Drinks in the morning so I started adding Cookies and cream whey Protein to my coffee.... ( and it's pretty Yummyyy!! ) And....... I did notice I want to snack... but this could also be due to the fact I started to menstrate again....So- I'm going to Decaf.< /span>

He also had a consult with a band patient that is wanting to get sleeved- and asked if I would mind talking to her.... I said OF COURSE I'll talk to her!!! He brought her in with me, and we chatted a bit and I told her how happy and glad I chose this surgery, we exchanged e-mails and I also told her about this site... I havn't had a chance to write her yet, been getting ready for inventory at work and putting in some long hours, but I hope she joins! I know alot of you have had the band and could probably help her in her decision making!

OK.... gonna post some numbers.... can't believe I'm gonna do this.... but I have been measuring my body since my first consultation w/ my surgen......

Monday-8/10/09

False Total lossNeck19.5154.5Wrist86.751.25Forearm12.5102.5Upper Arm16.5124.5Bust5543.511.5Waist594316Hips644618Thighs5236.515.5Upper Thigh30228Calf19.514.55Ankle10.759.51.25Ribcage4639.56.5Weight35421694.25

If you're not measuring... I'd suggest it... it's great on those weeks when the scale doesn't move.... but you'll be surprised at how much the inches do!!!

Grr..... my chart from my excel page didn't work,.... so am posting it again so you can see the difference.....

6monthcheckup.jpg?t=1249904259

That's awesome Chancie -- I wish I had measured from the beginning as I know I have lost several inches ... if I can locate my tape measure I think I will do that today as I am starting my workout routine tomorrow (was too sick to do it last week) and the inches may come off even quicker with my working out and it will be nice to see the difference.

YOU'RE DOING AWESOME GIRL!!!!

Chancie, that is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I was told that I will lose about an inch per pound in my measurements. I hope that's true! Good job, Chancie! I am looking for such positive results at my 6 month as well!

I REALLY hated pics at my heavist weight... and avoided the camera, but my sons friend snapped this one, I almost deleted it, but now I'm glad I didn't so I can remind myself how far I have come....

( I can't believe I'm posting this!!!:scared0: )

JackieandJesse-HIGHESTWEIGHT.jpg?t=1250084881

Next pic is 3 months out.... I felt really good to be able to wear a dress...

Jackie5-17-09-3MONTHSOUT.jpg?t=1250085457

This was my 6 month check up pic.... I bought that blouse and pants about 5 weeks ago, and already tooo big!! ( look "frumpy":blushing: )

6MONTHCHECKUP-1.jpg?t=1250085657

Thanks for all your support!!!And the nice comments!!:biggrin:

Chancie, WOW!!! :eek::scared0::biggrin: What an amazing transformation! You must feel fabulous! Congratulations, and thanks for posting your pictures, they are so inspiring.

Man--o-man girl you luck flippin' awesome -- what a transformation -- I'm glad you kept the pics too so now you can see how far you've come ... thank you for sharing!

Congratulations Chancie! You are doing a great job! Hope I will be as successful once I am "on the bench"!

Thank you all for the kind words!!

I still can't believe I posted that "before" pic:scared0::):scared0:

The only words I can say right now... is if I can do it... I KNOW you all can.... Just wish at times I had done it 10 years ago.....