Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month band-a-versay

I am 6 mnths out today....lovin my band and new lifestyle. .. down 89.6lbs only 35 more to go.. no longer taking 2 of my RXs... BMI is down to just overweight from obese:-)

And on the fitness front I am training for my first half marathon. .who would have thought. ..

post-348936-13813142410652_thumb.png

I am 6 mnths out today....lovin my band and new lifestyle. .. down 89.6lbs only 35 more to go.. no longer taking 2 of my RXs... BMI is down to just overweight from obese:-)

And on the fitness front I am training for my first half marathon. .who would have thought. ..

You just inspire me and give me more determination in my journey , my surgery is on november 6, congratulations you look great!!!

Wowie-Zowie! Thanks so much for posting. I will banded November 5th.....can't wait. Congratulations on all your success and on the half marathon. Way to go!

Congratulations!!! Wow 6 months you've done great! Do you mind telling a bit more about your journey? How much was your starting weight, your surgery recovery and fills also sample menu if your daily diet. Also how much we're you working out the last 6 months?

I will hopefully be banded early December. Had gone back and forth with sleeve vs band but feel really good about the band fir many reasons.

Much continued success to you!! :-)

Congratulations!!! Wow 6 months you've done great! Do you mind telling a bit more about your journey? How much was your starting weight' date=' your surgery recovery and fills also sample menu if your daily diet. Also how much we're you working out the last 6 months?

I will hopefully be banded early December. Had gone back and forth with sleeve vs band but feel really good about the band fir many reasons.

Much continued success to you!! :-)[/quote']

Sure...my starting weight was 273. I can easily eat the same thing every day so I do.. my mon thu friday diet really looks about the same. .. bfast I do a chike iced coffee Protein shake... mainly bc its easy and I can drink it on way to work. . lunch I do chicken salad or tuna salad or a pc of sandwich turkey around a string cheese stick...I do key lime greek yogart dannon lite and fit every day btwn 230&330...then dinner 9xs out of ten is chicken w a veggie.

I had the band w plication done and have only had two fills...I feel like I am in the green zone now. . Now exercise. I have found my own little stress relief in my exercise its my time and I love it... when I started back in the gym 2 wks post op I started 30 min 5 days a wk and added minutes ea wk... I started mainly on the elliptical bc for me it caused the least pain in my knee.. now unless I come down on my knee wrong it doesn't bother me. In june I joined a local group doing the couch to 5 k program three days a wk. About this time I got up to 6-7 days wk and a minimum of 60 min ea work out... now that I'm training for my half I run an hr 3 days a wk and an 1.5 hrs or more one of the weekend days... the other days I either swim, bike or do elliptical w rowing machine... I need to add strength training but that realy intimidates me.. so a couple days a wk I just use hand weights and a medicine ball at home... I guess I need to just suck it up and start w the strength training..

I am by no means perfect tho if I let myself get to hungary its a super bad thing and I make real bad food choices..so I try not to let myself get to that point and always have something in my purse like almonds or herbalife bar things that don't melt or crush...lol ...hit me up on here anytime if u have questions about anything. .. and good luck w yr journey:-)

Great job...

You look great and so happy! Congrats.

Congrats and great job on putting the work in to reach this goal !!!!

Great post! Very inspirational!

Awesome job!!!! You and I have about the same stats and I just now discovered that I love being physically active & exercising! It was a major stress reliever & i look forward to going back! When you added exercise did it increase your weight loss?

Awesome job!!!! You and I have about the same stats and I just now discovered that I love being physically active & exercising! It was a major stress reliever & i look forward to going back! When you added exercise did it increase your weight loss?

Yea huge stress reliever for me too... ive been excersing reg since two wks out and yes i feel like it's helped w the wl... and has realy reshaped my body. ... I am in smaller clothes than I was the last time I was 10 lbs smaller than I am now... so exercise helps w so much :-) good luck to u!

Yea huge stress reliever for me too... ive been excersing reg since two wks out and yes i feel like it's helped w the wl... and has realy reshaped my body. ... I am in smaller clothes than I was the last time I was 10 lbs smaller than I am now... so exercise helps w so much :-) good luck to u!