Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I REALLY NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK

Hello all. I am almost 4 years post and I do consider myself a success story. I started out at 288 and at one point for a very short time went so to 199. I stabilized at about 205. Today I am 220 and this is not ok. This is not easy for me to type up and admit to someone more then just myself. I need to get back on track. This is not an option. I feel terrible I feel like I look terrible. My body aches and I don't want to move off the sofa. I am not comfortable in my cloths anymore. I sleep so bad and my food choice are not good. I have fallen back into some but to many bad habits. And I need to be held accountable for them.

Today I am getting a fill and making the choices that I should have been making all along.

If there is anyone out there who has or is going through this lets support each other and be a success story once and for all. I'm on my fitness pal. Nailpro00 or through Facebook Diana Stern Garrity

This could be painful, but start with eliminating all foods in your house that are triggers for snacking and/or poor food choices. Don't buy them again. Go to the store and load up on healthy food choices like spinach, zucchini, salad makings, squash, broccoli etc.

I have a lot of changes to make. Thank you so much for reading my story. This is what I need. I need fellow lap band support and a good ass kicking.

You are still very much a success my dear. Especially as you are looking to stop the slide now and not after you gained it all back. Good luck and know that we are all rooting for you.

It takes a lot of courage to admit you need help. The fact you've only gained back 20 pounds before realizing you need to get back on track also makes you wise- many wait until they gain a lot more before realizing there's a problem.

TMF is right- clear your house everything that's not healthy or a trigger food. It's not going to be easy at first. In the beginning, you'll likely have a lot of head hunger and craving. But if you clear the bad stuff from your house it'll make it a lot harder to mess up.

The fact you're going in for a fill is great. If I were in your shoes, I'd also make appointment with your nutritionist. Let them help you get back on track.

Best wishes- you can do this!

You can do this!

Sounds like you're already on your way to getting back on track. The advice you've gotten here is top notch. You need to clean out your fridge and pantry, get a fill, and meet with the nutritionist. Sounds like success in the making!!

Hello :) and welcome back

I have a sort of similar story. Banded Nov 2009, lost 50 lbs. Got pregnant and than had a bad accident that resulted in 8 mo of rehab. I was off diet for a total of 18 months. The fortunate side was that I maintained at the 195-200 range (from my original 250) but I was no where near goal. In Jan 2013 (at 195 lb) I decided it was time to get back on track and i am now 150/155. Here's what I did:

1) I returned to lbt. It's an addicting site and allowed me to become fixated on my efforts once again.

2) I started a food log to keep myself accountable, and again, to dedicate some attention and energy into the diet

3) I got a fill. I think this is one of the smartest decisions. It had been 3 yrs since my last fill.

4) I eliminated calories like a madman. I am in the 800-900 range (no exercise). I gradually decreased cals as to not go cold turkey. After a week I was back in wl mode and feeling great

5) I started shopping. Every time I lost 5-10 lb I would buy a new shirt, new jeans, maybe get my nails done etc. It's instant gratification to show you how much you lost and how great it feels. Caution: this is addictive ahhahaha

6) I took the pressure off and became more sensible with my expectations. The weight seemed to fall off once I changed my mentality.

I am now at 155 and a tad agitated with myself as well. I find myself at goal, however, I feel like I can lose more weight (I think its because the excess skin still makes me feel overweight). I am scheduled for cosmetic surgery Oct 8th. Ideally I'd like to lose 5-10 more lbs beforehand but can't seem to get myself off of 'maintenance mode' mentality. I won't allow myself to gain more than 3 lbs before kicking it into high gear and losing the 3 lbs..but I'm not going further. I got as low as 151 and am irked I didn't maintain that weight. I know the numbers may seem piffy, but the experience/mentality is the same no matter what the goal you set for yourself. So one of the things I'm doing now is deliberately subbing a meal w/ a Protein shake and starting up on the treadmill. Once you start putting some serious effort into your wl the less likely you are to sabotage it because of all the hard work/sacrifice you are putting into it. At least that's how my brain is wired. Hope this all helps

Tyasm. I hear everything you are saying and I'm putting it to work.

Hugs and kisses to all of you.

I feel you here. I am in the same boat. I got banded in Oct. 2008. I once weight 270 and had gotten down to 190 but between medical issues and bad habits creeping back up I'm back to 225. It's definitely frustrating. The only thing to do is move forward and get back on track. I'm in the process of getting back on track myself. It hasn't been easy but I'm pushing forward anyway.

I am so there with u guys!! I was banded 4 years ago. Went from 278 to 196, maintained a year and a half at 206. Then lost job and started my own business. Major stress! Long story with stress making me too tight then body holding on to everything I ate after an unfill, low thyroid and stress adding to the weight. Then having stomach issues cuz I was in denial about ibuprofen causing issues so consequently I've been completely unfilled for the past year. Oompa Loompa here is now at 260. :( saw nutritionist a few days ago and get a fill next week. :) I have to relearn all the rules! I've even been reading people's pre-op posts. It helps a bit. I was going to start the 5 day pouch test today but got, I think, food poisoning yesterday so I think I'm gonna weight on that. (Misspell intentional. Lol) I'm glad to be back to lbt. This sight is awesome! :)

Hi Garrity

Your story sounds so familiar to mine. I was banded March 2007, I have lost 4 stones to date - but have been "messing" over the last few years with the band and not playing the game by the rules! (I also had my second child during this time too who is now 5.) I have decided enough is enough and I need to respect the powerful tool I have in my body and make it work again for me. Squeezing down naughty things is not the way! Some days I can eat so much and other days nothing will go down. When I did well i used a calorie counting tool on line called weight loss resources, which i have joined again so that I can monitor my calorie intake and ensure maximum nutrition and Vitamins. I`m feeling very motivated and like you am back on the forum after many years for support! We can do this, we just need to play by the rules, the original rules we have forgotten about!

I am 5ft 2 and 14.7 , i would be deighted to be 11.7. I have a holiday in 2 months and I`m hoping to have dropped 2 stone. Please keep in touch and we can all support each other. x

Maggie

I am in the same boat. Gaining 10 lbs back but worst of all inches! It's easy to get back into bad habits when you feel so good! I thought "oh a soda wouldn't hurt me here and there" or "ice cream goes down so easy, ill just have a cup" Since all this I started taking ACE an all natural diet suppressant basically for me but it has helped me get back on track to eating my 6 oz and drinking more Water. I wish you the best. We are getting back on track together.

I'm in the same boat as well, banded may 2008 291 was my heigh weight got to 199 for like a minute and a half...last two years have a new job and I travel was 213 last Saturday...did the 5 day pouch test started on Sunday and am now back on regular foods I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow...I also started back exercising today so hopefully I am back on track. You can do it, it is not uncommon to fall off the band wagon it's getting back on that's important!