Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to go clothes shopping due to my job I wear dress pants and suits, my pants are to the point I am afraid they will fall to my ankles! So shopping I went...... to my shock I bought 2 size 14 pants ....not womans size but regular size 14! I remain in shock, mostly because I continue to see the really out of shape in need of work woman in the mirror! I know and am fine with the fact that I am a slow loser and this is just fine with me as long as the scale goes lower. But, when will I see someone I can relate to in the mirror? It is almost my one year bananniversary. Best decision I ever made, I now know what the "green zone" feels like.....heaven! I have so got this! Just wish my mind would catch up with my weight loss!

Hooray for you!!!! GREAT JOB! :) I just had my surgery 20 days ago and am loving the feeling of my clothes being looser. I cannot WAIT to buy smaller sizes. YES--you have SO got this!

It takes ages for your brain to catch up, and it's kinda nice coz you go into shops thinking you're bigger than you are, and get pleasantly surprised. I think it was at least a year into maintenance that I started being able to tell if something was about my size by looking at it. Before that I always picked up something that was 2 - 3 sizes too big!

You've done a great job, enjoy it! And don't worry about your brain catching up, it will eventually!

I have the same problem with my mind catching up with my body but its starting to now at 7 months post op. it was kind of an AH HA! Moment. Congrats on your success so far and it will happen.

Congratulations, H-U-G-E moment when you are pleasantly surprised to find you really are making progress when buying new clothes! :D

Best wishes on your continued success!

All of your post-op stories are so encouraging and motivating to us pre-ops! I'm sure I will be saying in the future that this was the best thing I have ever done! I keep reminding myself that this is a journey and the hardest step is the first one. Nothing changes if nothing changes and I need to just take one step at a time :)

Angemc, you are right it is a journey! I can say I am not exactly perfect with everything, however I am quite determined!

When they refer to the post surgery time thru the time you have reached your perfect fill levels as bandster hell....that is no joke!

Trying to eat less and change lifelong eating habits is truly hell without that feeling of full restriction.

It is all better and worth it at the end! The band will begin to work for you and this does get so much easier!

Hang in there everyone and don't give up you worked too hard to get the band to stop now!

The more I read the more I'm discovering that the phase after getting the band is just as hard! And here I was thinking that pre-op was going to be the hardest!! Any suggestions or tips for post-op?

Yes, tips are to remain focused, try not to over eat to expand your pouch keeping your food to 1&1/2 cups or less and change your food to healthy choices of fresh healthy food you enjoy, Never,never drink with your food. Wait one hour before drinking! Begin to walk or do some exercise you enjoy and keep it up don't stop..... make goals! As you do these things you will feel better and more energized!

Know what food sticks to you such as real meat Protein for longer periods of time. The slider foods like Soup and Protein Bars will not keep you full as long. Most important forgive yourself when you slip up ........ shake it off and forge forward! Please just ask if you have any questions! I have found this forum to be supportive and helpful! Good luck in your journey!