Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have dizzy spells?

Anyone have dizzy spells?

Where are you in your weight loss journey? Are you eating very low carb? Are you on blood sugar medicine or insulin? I got dizzy spells, and actually passed out once, and it turned out my blood sugar level was extremely low. The other culprit could be low blood pressure. Are you on a med for that?

If you have changed your lifestyle to include less carbs or healthier carbs and/or excersise you may need to have any meds you are on adjusted. I would contact your pcp. Feel better!

I don't feel dehydrated but definitely eating a lot less! Maybe I need Vitamins? ?? Thanks ladies !

You need to speak to your doctor. All we can do is guess based on our own experiences but the truth is, the cause could be something as simple as needing more calories or as serious as a true medical problem that needs attention.

Call your doctor. You don't want to risk overlooking something serious.

Like the others have said, I would talk with your doctor. Does it occur when changing positions? (going from sitting to standing) could be low blood pressure. If you are on meds, like I am, they may need to be adjusted. Over a year ago, I was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope where I would have random dizzy spells without position changes and actually briefly passed out with one, so I was started on a beta blocker to prevent that. Could be from dehydration or low blood sugars, only way to know for sure is to get it checked out.

Hope you feel better soon.

Call your doc! I was having problems with being lightheaded/dizzy at times. They check my BP and it was 98/60! We monitored it and took me off of the BP medicine and I have had no problems since then. But, I would call your doc right away! It could be a number of things and he is much more qualified than we are :) good luck!!!

Call your doc! I was having problems with being lightheaded/dizzy at times. They check my BP and it was 98/60! We monitored it and took me off of the BP medicine and I have had no problems since then. But, I would call your doc right away! It could be a number of things and he is much more qualified than we are :) good luck!!!

I've had near fainting spells from low blood pressure, too. I'd get very light headed when going from sitting to standing.

I've had near fainting spells from low blood pressure' date=' too. I'd get very light headed when going from sitting to standing.[/quote']

Sitting to standing was what triggered ALL of my problems. It was so bad if sit back down sometimes because I was nervous I'd fall.

Me too! And I'm not on any meds, haven't been in years now. My doc swears its just dehydration. It happened bad last year.. to the point of passing out/concussion/big ole knot on my head..(totally my fault, as I wasn't drinking enough then)

I'm not so sure its STILL dehydration though? I weigh myself before and after riding most times...just to make sure I'm not "losing" too much fluids. And it still happens when I KNOW I'm drinking enough. About a month ago it was pretty bad. BP was 82/55 Called the office and he said, "dehydrated! no biking for a week....yea, right. WTFlip?

Happened again today...after a 50 miler, when I GAINED "weight" during it....I don't know what to think.

Creekwood..is your's the same after reducing bp meds?

Me too! And I'm not on any meds, haven't been in years now. My doc swears its just dehydration. It happened bad last year.. to the point of passing out/concussion/big ole knot on my head..(totally my fault, as I wasn't drinking enough then)

I'm not so sure its STILL dehydration though? I weigh myself before and after riding most times...just to make sure I'm not "losing" too much fluids. And it still happens when I KNOW I'm drinking enough. About a month ago it was pretty bad. BP was 82/55 Called the office and he said, "dehydrated! no biking for a week....yea, right. WTFlip?

Happened again today...after a 50 miler, when I GAINED "weight" during it....I don't know what to think.

Same here. No meds but my blood pressure regularly sinks. It was 90/54 when I was discharged from the hospital this past Tuesday- which seems to be "normal" for me now and has been for months. I too have been told it's dehydration but I am drinking Water or green tea constantly.

I was recently told that being huge for so many years, our bodies got used to over working to pump our blood. Now that we're smaller and active, our bodies are going "oh wow, I can chill!" and that's why our blood pressure is so low. I was also told it's not uncommon after big weight losses and once our systems get used it we won't even notice it anymore.

*shrugs* :wacko:

I've never had issues with low blood pressure. Did anyone start issues with it after the band?

I've never had issues with low blood pressure. Did anyone start issues with it after the band?

Not the band but after losing a lot of weight. When I weighed over 200 pounds more, I had VERY high blood pressure. Now that I've lost all the weight, my blood pressure is always low.

I never had it before...b/p was borderline high. was on meds for it a couple of years prior to banding. I'm 99.9% sure mine isn't band related, as I've had the band for a good amount of time, and this issue just started last fall. (after a severe dehydration issue I caused)

I wonder if after one event, others are more frequent/expected?? It is definitely scary....thought I was gonna go down this evening....at least an hour after exercising/LOTS of water/a very small dinner...got up to pay and it hit me like a ton of bricks! You know what I'm talking about....seeing the stars kinda scary! My b/p is 110/70 now...

I never had it before...b/p was borderline high. was on meds for it a couple of years prior to banding. I'm 99.9% sure mine isn't band related, as I've had the band for a good amount of time, and this issue just started last fall. (after a severe dehydration issue I caused)

I wonder if after one event, others are more frequent/expected?? It is definitely scary....thought I was gonna go down this evening....at least an hour after exercising/LOTS of water/a very small dinner...got up to pay and it hit me like a ton of bricks! You know what I'm talking about....seeing the stars kinda scary! My b/p is 110/70 now...

man you sound just like me. I keep an electronic blood pressure cuff in the house in recent months because I've grown curious about it. I just took it and it's 110/70- but I'm also just sitting on a recliner. But, there's been times I've actually gotten tunnel vision, muffled hearing, and heard my heart in my ears and come dang close to passing out. The weird thing is, it usually happens right after I go from sitting to standing or a little while after exercising, never during exercise.