Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like a failure... Gained back

I was banded about 3 1/2yrs ago and I weighed 278.... It took a while but 1 1/2 yrs later I was down to 197. Had a lot of change the last year and half. I was sick last winter and gained some back to 225. I exercised last summer and got down to 215. Sick again through this past Winter and didnt watch what I ate and didnt exercise bc I didnt feel well. Now weigh 265 and I am beyond upset with my self that I cannot deal with y everyday life. My failure has made me bitter and angry everyday. I worked so hard for something and it was gone before my eyes. Now I need to restart my mind. I miss the good feeling of execise but I dont do it as much as I should.

There is a reason why they call this a journey. So you've hit a few setbacks . . . At least you're being realistic with where you've been and where you're at.

You've done it once, you can do it again!!!

How about you pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You can start over today. The one thing about this journey is with our Lapband we can start over with a fill and going back to basics. Are you will to hit the reset button? Being angry and upset will not get you to your goal. Let me know what I can do to help get you going!

Crazy,

hard I know but you need to reset your head. Remember why you were doing this. Then go back to the beginning and follow the rules. We are here for ya. Don't quit. You can do this

Wendy

This does seem to be an issue with the "mind/body" connection.

I agree that your situation is related to both diet and faulty thinking about your eating habits.

I understand how frustrating it can be, but we do have that restart point to get a "Do over".

Definitely get back to your basics, and establish a realistic band compliant diet for yourself.

Always remember that this is a journey, and not an event. My journey has taught me the art of patience like no other life event ever could.

This forum has a wealth of information and support for you.

Best wishes as you resume your journey...

Yea thanks...I guess I decided that I did so much better at the beginning of my journey when I was blogging and using this site. I feel like I just need to talk to others that understand the journey and it keeps me more focused.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggle but the best thing you have done for yourself is recognized it. Make tomorrow your first day and start from scratch. We all will fall down but you gotta get up! I started an Instagram page that helps keep me motivated with others who are going through this journey with me. I wish you the best!

Look at the positives which are you are still lower than you started AND you already have the great tool installed that will allow you to lose again!

Don't give up! I'm 7 years out. Originally lost 140 then gained back 50. Now I'm re-motivating and getting back to basics. If we did it once, we can do it again. I am finding that forcing myself to use my fitness pal is helping me stay on track. I find myself wanting to lie on the food journal, but then I think about how pointless it is. It helps motivate me for exercise too.

AmandaC86 I completely understand how you feel. I had my surgery in may 2007 and by the end of 2009 beginning of 2010 I had lost a total of 173 pounds. I started having some sharp pains in my leftside.....ended up having my gallbladder out and for that surgery I had to be unfilled. Of course as most of us know when you get unfilled you have a tendency to gain weight cause you get/feel hungry....I gained some weight back but over the next several months had some fills and started loosing the weight I had gained back. But during that time I started having reflux really bad.....and that was caused by the dr over filling me too fast....needed smaller amounts added instead of taking me back up to where I was so quickly. So I had to be unfilled again to correct the pouch dilatation and slippage.....that was in 2011. Here it is 2013 and with all those complications/issues I have put on 40 pounds which has been a struggle for me to loose. During the past couple years I have tried the HCG shots and the adipex pills to help control the hunger but Those only work for a little while or end up being to costly and I stop taking them. So I just got a fill a couple weeks ago and this is working pretty well so far. I can tell I am not as hungry as I was and seem to be eating less (getting fuller faster) and I have been exercising but I am not loosing weight and its getting frustrating. So I'm going to give it a couple more weeks and see if anything changes and go from there. So don't give up.....keep trying....and remember where you came from. Good Luck!

Thanks all.. It has definitely been a struggle. I have to get some fill in me but my surgeon isn't participating in my health insurance. Luckily i have new insurance starting with work but that doesn't start until july :( I am pushing myself to exercise and tracking using my fitness pal...just tough but i try to tell myself it wasn't easy the first time to gain strength and change so i shouldnt expect it to just happy so quickly...i definitely need to stay in tune with this site bc the support helps a lot. Pictures also motivate me so i guess i can say.... Here i go again... Wish me luck