Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My bff wants me to go get a body wrap with her. Has any of you guys tried this? If so, what were your experiences.

(She buys everything from Groupon! Lol)

All the body wraps work on either thermogenic energy or diuretics- or a combination of both. They can make you shrink inches but if you stop getting the wraps then the inches come back. That is because it's not true "inches", it's Water weight coming off.

It's like working out with a heavy suit on - you'll lose weight initially (all water) but as soon as you take it off and drink some Water, it'll all come back on. Waste of money, IMHO...

Marci

DO INFRARED WRAPS WORK FOR BELLY FAT?

If you want to lose belly fat, you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way, through diet and exercise. Infrared body wraps are a relatively recent entry in the body wrap treatment business. One company claims you might lose up to 8 lbs. and 6 to 20 inches per treatment. Another claims that you can drop a dress size with 10 treatments, which could cost you as much as $1,500 as of March 2011.

Instead of paying as much as $1,500 for infrared treatments in an attempt to lose a dress size, you would be better off using the money for a gym membership. The MayoClinic website says that visceral fat buried deep in the abdomen responds well to regular exercise and a healthy diet.

Targeted stomach exercises can firm muscles and flatten the belly. Daily exercise at a moderate intensity level is the best way to lose belly fat and the gut may be the area of your body that responds most quickly to healthy lifestyle changes. So there is a tried and true way to lose belly fat but no miracle cures such as infrared body wraps

Read more: http://www.livestron.../#ixzz2QYEiNWUq

I've heard and asked someone who does those wraps directly how long the results last and she told me they'll last as long as you keep up with your diet and exercise.. then she followed that up with typically 4-6 months. Here's what I think- they work for temporary results. I'd use them before an event or something like that (I'm in a wedding in January and plan on using them just to feel better for that day only) but I would not use them as my main source of weight loss. Personally, I'd rather work towards my weight loss and get healthy than use those. Just my opinion.

Anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. For permanent weight loss and health follow your surgeon and nutritionist's recommendations. It is a life style change, a journey, not a destination!

IMHO

Thanks guys! I just told her that we're not doing it and to have a seat! I can make use of that money elsewhere. She hasnt gotton the surgery yet. She waiting on approval. Right now shes using Jenny Craig. What do you guys think about that? When she gets the band can she continue to eat Breakfast lunch and dinner from Jenny craig?