Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

? for the women

During menstruation do you tend to gain weight or loss weight? I have been trying to stay on track with my meal schedule and I do zumba every night Monday-Friday but I seem to put on weight instead of take it off these past 2 weeks. Anyone know about this?

It could be that or you could just be gaining muscle weight.

I "fluffy" up around my TOM by a couple LBS... falls off as soon as its over , I expect it every month.

I tend to retain Water, then once the cycle is over I pee like crazy and my weight goes right back down. I could gain as much as 4 lbs of water. This doesn't happen every month though.

Thank you ladies so I guess this does happen to everyone in one way or another. I thought maybe I wasn't doing enough or taking in to much.y weight didn't really go up but it's been at a stand still so hopefully after this pass I will see some difference.

I weight myself every morning and mark it on the calendar so at the end of the month I can see a patern after a few months I now don't panic when it goes up a few pounds or when I go to the doctor and its always 4 lbs more just do to Water. Give it a try and see what your normal is at this time.

I am going through that right now. I work out 6days a week and have been training for months for a half marathon in April. My time of the month I just try not to weigh myself... Which is hard because I am like you I weigh myself daily. Who knew the hunger monster would be replaced by the lbs monster

I always get bloated. My band also feels tighter during that time.

I am just hoping that my periods come back with weight loss...PCOS sucks! I lost about 20 lbs before I had Lap band and I did have a period on my own, so fingers crossed.

I am just hoping that my periods come back with weight loss...PCOS sucks! I lost about 20 lbs before I had Lap band and I did have a period on my own' date=' so fingers crossed.[/quote']

Not to hijack, but I also have PCOS and have wondered about getting my period. Pre-op, I used the pill to regulate. I stopped the pill one month prior to surgery and got my period on schedule but now wondering if I will get it again.

Hopefully! Fingers crossed for you.

I get bloated and gain weight from retaining all the Water but as soon as im completely done that weight sheds so i dont get worried around that time

I always gain weight the week before my TOM sometimes just a little and others more. This weeks it's 3.3 and I've stayed under my calorie goal all but one day. It's so annoying. But I know it will be gone with relative ease.