Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After years of being the YO YO, it was time. I had been average weight in my youth and my teens. Started to put the weight on when I gave up cigarettes and had my children. Once I got pregnant I thought it was fine to eat, so eat I did. I went from 150 labs to 190 in 4 months. Needless to say I gained too much weight, became toxic and had a premature baby at 2.1lbs. I refused to go back to smoking to help me loose weight because I had two children to raise one that had his own struggles. Having to stay home and give up my career to take care of my older son put more pressure on the finances, marriage, etc. Crunchy food was my comfort, sweet food my salvation. I never saw weight under 200 again until my husband finally left me for my thin girlfriend. I realized then that the weight was defining me....and health issues started to arise. That was the first time I lost significant weight - 75lbs, on my own, working out...then gained it back plus.....then lost 100lbs....this story has to hit a chord, I am sure. The long and short of it is that for years my doctors tried to get me to see gastro surgeon for lap band. Finally, my health made the decision. I had the surgery in January 2013 because I had the right man in my life, right support system, family backing me, everything was timing. Lost 75 the first year and kept it off for another 6 months. Had fills every 4 - 6 months, all going well. Situation at work changed and stress levels heightened and could not get out of work for fills, slipped a bit....but recently told my boss that I have to make the time to go and get the fill. Did it and now back on track. Feel confident I will get back to that 75lb goal again. Glad to be here and hope this site helps me stay focussed.

"I had the surgery in January 2013" I'm sure you meant 2010?

Woo Hoo! HEY B-52, here's a positive topic/comment!!!! :P:lol::wacko:;)

Sorry Golflady, just nudging one of our forum members who was complaining just this morning no one ever posts happy comments about their band!! Congrats on the great attitude!!

tmf

Even though I have gained some weight back, I understand that is because I did not get fills and follow the lifestyle. I own that. The good of lap band surgery outweighs the negative comments. I don't regret one day of doing it. I feel better, my pressure is down, I can golf and not feel like I am going to die on a golf course (although I did say that my wish is to die on a golf course - but really - NOT). I am back because I want to be back and I know with focus and my committment it will work again. I also bought the new book to keep me focussed.

I look forward to playing golf again. I remember two years ago went out with some friends to play 18 but my gut kept getting in the way and I shanked about 8 balls. LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

tmf

Congratulations on getting back on track!

I had my lap band surgery December 2006,

6 years ago and I feel like you do, but I really have not found a group to attend that has people that are 4 to 10 years out, it is usually newbies. I know we all have been a newbie but I need some support to help me out toooo. And maybe it just me that has not looked hard enough but do you know of any DFW support groups for oldies? Or is this site a great site?

Could anyone give experience? I'm 3 years out! I've begun to vomit liquids after a meal 20 minutes after! I get heartburn and feel stuffed! I take one tums and feel lousy and then vomit liquids or Undigested food. Any help or thought would be appreciated. Thank u

Sounds like something is stuck. It's very uncomfortable and has lasted up to two days for me. Maybe try chewing some papaya extract. The enzyme is suppose to help with digestion. I haven't tried it yet but I bought some just in case.

I'm going into my 7th year of being a "Bandster" I still check into the forum and I still host 3 coffee groups a month for people that are banded or looking into the procedure. I don't work for a clinic... I do this on my own... it keeps me focused and on track. I also still get weighed in every month with my family doctor.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

Could anyone give experience? I'm 3 years out! I've begun to vomit liquids after a meal 20 minutes after! I get heartburn and feel stuffed! I take one tums and feel lousy and then vomit liquids or Undigested food. Any help or thought would be appreciated. Thank u

You should call your doctor today. Don't wait!

tmf

pbrwester, it sounds like you have a slippage. Please see your surgeon. Karen

Congrats to good attitude golferlady22. You can and wil lose the extra weight!

Ive been banded for 3.5 years. I appreciate having the oldies around because I feel our issues are different now that we've settled into the lifestyle.

I am also appreciative of how you took responsibility for the gain. So many people think that if you get a band that you magically lose weight- no operator participation necessary.

I got offtrack when I got pregnant and than suffered a severe car accident. However, my band was in the green. I maintained and never gained. Ironically this is what probably kept me 'off track', had I gained it would be back to the dr for certain. My band worked for me even when I didn't but I hear so many stories of people getting offtrack and keeping the band lose..thus gaining 10, 25, even 60+ lbs back HOW????

We started this knowing the band is a tool not the solution....there has to be personal accountability and a commitment on our end if we actually want to lose and reach goal.

During the holidays I was 195, now I am 165. You can start over any time :)