Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all..I have a question...I have some fresh meat coming to me but before I order my cuts is bacon something anyone has opinion on post op? I love thick cut smoked bacon but dont want to waste money ordering if I cant eat it anyway. Then I would order ham etc. thanks all for your advice. :)

I eat bacon a few times a week. I'm pretty tight now (restriction)and don't have issues if I chew it up properly.

There isn't anything you can't eat, however, whether or not it's a wise food choice is another matter completely.

I think you'd have to figure out how many calories and how much fat is in it. You may also want to consider it's sodium content too. If after doing this you decide you still want it, just be sure you work it into your daily calorie allowance.

Best wishes

I have trouble chewing bacon and pork. I don't eat ham, though. the only pork I eat are spareribs from one Chinese restaurant because they have the world's best!

Try and see if they agree. I am from Boston and we are famous for lobster, I can only chew the claws now. Everyone is different. Enjoy the bacon.

ok thanks for replies. Ya Im just talking very limited occasions n not 2 lbs. at one meal or anything. I suppose i could even throw it in blender if I had too? Bacon drink???:) THANKS

Why not? BK and Denny's have bacon I've cream sundaes! I also eat bacon...almost every day. Breakfast is my most substantial meal. I find as the day goes in the less hungry I get. Also since surgery I love everything salty versus the sweets like I used to. However I don't have a fill so it doesn't affect me at all. But I darn well make sure I count those calories! :-)

Perhaps attempting turkey bacon would be a good option. I know it's not the same but this way it doesn't kill the calorie count for the day. Just a thought.

By the way I think you can drink bacon juice! Lol!

I love bacon.. 2 pieces of table bacon is approx 70 calories 4 grams of fat and 4 grams of protein.. Some diets like paleo include lots of bacon

Hi all..I have a question...I have some fresh meat coming to me but before I order my cuts is bacon something anyone has opinion on post op? I love thick cut smoked bacon but dont want to waste money ordering if I cant eat it anyway. Then I would order ham etc. thanks all for your advice. :)

I myself love bacon, I crave more salty stuff verses the sweets too. I cook a whole package when cool put in a zip lick bag and snack away. Since I have a hard time eating meats I dont feel bad for snacking on this. I had my band done March 2011 and ive lost 109 pounds....hoping for skin surgery soon

I love Bacon!!!

Do you know why the pig is a magical animal??

Because you feed it an apple and... It makes Bacon!!!

I love center cut bacon but have sworn off of it. Too much fat and sodium for someone who is trying to be healthy. But I make plenty of other mistakes so maybe i should eat some after all. :D

ya I agree its certainly not a health food but like pretty much any thing else... enjoy in moderation n chew chew chew chew chew...... oh n baby bites too! :)

I make it in the microwave (I suck at trying to make it in a skillet :)) and it's always crispy and easy to eat. But I eat the turkey bacon, love it!