Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. Im new to this forum.

I am 5 foot 6 and 238 pounds. I live in the uk and have nhs funding for my op.

I got referred jan 2012 so its been just over a year so far. I have a psychologists app on wed and if that goes well should have my surgery within 4 months.

Are there many uk people who use this forum?

Lousarah xxx

Welcome to this great forum. You wil find all your answers here. Ask away.

Best wishes

Welcome!

I know Cazzy is from the UK...you can find her on my friends list.

I'm from the UK and was banded in September 12.

No regrets from me

Julie x

Hi everyone. Im new to this forum.

I am 5 foot 6 and 238 pounds. I live in the uk and have nhs funding for my op.

I got referred jan 2012 so its been just over a year so far. I have a psychologists app on wed and if that goes well should have my surgery within 4 months.

Are there many uk people who use this forum?

Lousarah xxx

Hi lousarah! I'm not from the UK but have UK ties. I was born in Manchester. My mother was British. I have family there in London, Knutsford and some other places. I am 5 foot 5 and was 258 when I was banded on nov 7th 2012. I am now 214. Excited that your surgery will be soon! So National Health will cover the surgery? That is great. We can be lapband pen pals if you want! My name is Lori. Welcome!

Hi Lori,

Id love a lapband pal. Yes nhs are funding and should be about four months till op now.

Got told today by psych my expectations were too high (im 17 stone and want to weigh ten) (14pounds in a stone). Im a bit disappointed now. Are you happy with your losses emotionally? You have done amazing, but how does it compare to your expectations from pre surgery x x x

Hi Lori' date='

Id love a lapband pal. Yes nhs are funding and should be about four months till op now.

Got told today by psych my expectations were too high (im 17 stone and want to weigh ten) (14pounds in a stone). Im a bit disappointed now. Are you happy with your losses emotionally? You have done amazing, but how does it compare to your expectations from pre surgery x x x[/quote']

Hiya

I don't think that your expectations are too high! But be prepared its a long process. I was 17st 2lb in September when I was banded. I'm now about 13st 9lb! Not 6 months in. It's tough and certainly not the walk in the park I thought it would be. Weight has slowed right up and just a case of persevering and working with the band. the band only stops you eating to a certain degree the rest it from us! I'd do it again in a heart beat. No regrets at all. I say to moat oeople join My Fitness Pal on the computer or ohone if you have apps. Its great for logging your food ao you can track Proteins which are a must plus you can add other banded friends to sneak a peak at their diaries for ideas. I love it. I'm on their if you do add me its mummajuju

Good luck to you.

Hi yes am new to forum too. I live in the uk and was funded on nhs. Had my band in may last year.

Hi yes am new to forum too. I live in the uk and was funded on nhs. Had my band in may last year.

How you finding it? Xx

How you finding it? Xx

Umm ok.. I think it is an amazing opportunity to do something to help me, I am struggling though, with my emotions. God knows why because I am a very level headed person. I understand nutrition, the do's and dont's of the food groups etc yet I still challenge the band! Why??? I have and do eat the wrong foods!! Why?? All I want is to be slim, but for some reason I have terrible will power. I can't speak to anyone about it. My husband is great but I don't want to bore him about how I feel etc. I just don't know what to do. Over this last week I have started to get heartburn, that bothers me as I really don't want this to go wrong. Can anyone help me understand how to make this work? I have lost 1 1/2 stone so far but no more. Think I am loosing inches as clothes is loose but the scales say otherwise. It just de motivates me and I turn to food. I have been given a wonderful opportunity and I don't want to loose it ..,,, help???

I find days I'm not active or busy ill still push it with the picking and eating. But listen I'm 46 and I've been overweight most of my adult life so its hard to change a habit if a life time in a few months. I hate myself when I cheat on a few biscuits or crisps but 1 thing I know is that what I eat is not a fraction of what it would have been pre band. The hole pack would have gone!

Have you had a fill recently? As I get heartburn for a few weeks after a fill. It's a tough journey and one I don't honk were prepared

For here in the UK. Emotions will definitely be up and down, some days I'm ecstatic at what I've achieved then I see others loss and I think why can't I be at that loss. I know we're all different but we always compare x

It's good to talk to others who are going through it too x

Welcome to the site... I'm not from the UK but i watch Coronation Street... does that count? I love the UK !!! :)

This is a great site for information.

Ask lots of questions.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

Hi Lori' date='

Got told today by psych my expectations were too high (im 17 stone and want to weigh ten) (14pounds in a stone). Im a bit disappointed now. Are you happy with your losses emotionally? You have done amazing, but how does it compare to your expectations from pre surgery x x x[/quote']

Lousarah,

Yes I am happy so far...I still believe the most important thing you have to do prior to surgery is "get your head right". I got the lapband because my weight (258 pounds) was beginning to cause health problems elevated blood pressure and elevated blood sugar. It was sitting with my doctor and getting those results that were my "wake up call" that I had to do something. So I had to tell myself "your done, this is it. You HAVE to do something for your health. Sometimes when I go for follow ups (and they are the key by the way) I get a little discouraged and think I should be losing more but I feel better already so I'm ok with it. I go for my fourth fill tomorrow. The biggest and most important thing the band did for me was decrease my appetite immensely ! I had a raging appetite. WhAt I have done diet wise is cut carbs. I cut them drastically. It keeps you from holding Fluid in your body, excess that is. Increased my Protein.

As far as my ore surgery expectations, they are right on track but actually better than I expected because I didn't know the band decreases your appetite because of where it sits. What area do you live in England?

Also don't compare yourself after surgery with others and how much they have in their band. The lapband experience is individualized! It's YOUR journey!

I honestly surprise myself at the willpower I have but I think it's the appetite thing that the band has helped me with. Are you eating sliders? Watch your carbs and make sure you get your Protein. This site has helped me a lot. I've learned a lot on here. When you see your doctor always write down your questions before you go...it works! I'm a nurse and when I went to see my surgeon for the first time I had a list of 23 questions! Had I not wrote them down I would have forgotten then because I was nervous. He answered every one of them. I had to learn that this has to be done to get healthy and I will lose weight as well. I can be impatient and want it off now but I have to learn good things come to those who wait and also this...when you want to eat something that you know you shouldn't , say this to yourself---"nothing tastes as good as thin will feel!"