Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Month long Pre Op, need protien drink ideas..PLease!!!!

Hi guys!

I get the pleasure of starting my month long pre op diet on Tuesday!! Whoo hoo!

:) The first 2 weeks are protien drinks, and 1 meal a day. Then 2 weeks of drinks only. Surgery March 4th. What are the secrets to a tastie low carb, sugar free drinks? What are your favorite ingredients, what goes well together. I need tons of ideas, I have heard repeatedly that the drinks get old really fast and i dont plan on messing this up by cheating! Please if you have any thoughts, ideas, brands, flavors..share it with me!! Thank you so much!!

There are so many choices. Make sure what you get follows your doctor's guidelines. I like Unjury, nectar and Pure Protein powders. I know a few people who use Isopure which is not a shake. I also found the following link. Best of Luck and Congrats!

http://www.lap-band-surgery-site.com/bariatric-protein-shakes.html

Hello and good luck!, I on day 4 of pre-op shakes, I must say i have not been starving (Yet), I am using the Bariatric Advantage shakes- the iced Latte is superb!! also the orange cream is good. I throw an ounce or two of Diet V8 splash to change them up , and criss cross the two scoop per shake. I have 5 shakes a day and have survived so far. I wish you the best and will follow to see what other suggestions people have too. Have a positvie day :)

Hi guys!

I get the pleasure of starting my month long pre op diet on Tuesday!! Whoo hoo!

:) The first 2 weeks are protien drinks, and 1 meal a day. Then 2 weeks of drinks only. Surgery March 4th. What are the secrets to a tastie low carb, sugar free drinks? What are your favorite ingredients, what goes well together. I need tons of ideas, I have heard repeatedly that the drinks get old really fast and i dont plan on messing this up by cheating! Please if you have any thoughts, ideas, brands, flavors..share it with me!! Thank you so much!!

Make sure you find some "savory" liquids to use also. I found that after the first week of sweet Protein shakes, I was desperate for something else. I hear that al lot of people like the unjury brand of Protein powders and they have a chicken flavor. I ended up having homemade chicken broth which was pretty high in protein also.

Amazing ideas, and the websites are perfect! Thank you so much!

We have loads of Muscle Milk powder. It comes in more flavors than just vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry. We have Peanut Butter cup, s'mores, Cookies and cream, etc. Variety helps. Beef broth with taco seasoning was one of my favorites when I helped my wife go through her liquid diet.< /p>