Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing anymore :(

I went to see the surgeon and explained I haven't lost weight for nearly 2 weeks. I'm 3 weeks post op. He said I'm not eating enough and my body is in starvation mode. What the hell am I supposed to eat? I've been eating mainly mushed vegetables with either ricotta or cottage cheese. I eat an egg in the morning but on my best day I'm only getting to about 500 calories. I don't get it, I'm eating 4-5 times a day but its just that I can't eat a lot at one sitting. Has anyone else gone through the same thing? Any tips?

Give me a little more to work with. What stage are you in as far as eating, mushies only? How many calories are your goal a day?

I did not lose very much the first month. I did drink Protein Drinks each day along with the mushies. I want to say 750 calories a day. Now I eat 550-600 calories a day. I wouldn't worry yet, your body is still healing! Talk to your NUT. Keep drinking all day long! Mine all of a sudden started about week 4. I have had two stalls during the year at about 4 weeks each.

Same thing happened with me. I went up to 1200 calories a day and started losing consistently ever since!

I'm on first week of mushy food got a week to go then onto solids. I'm only eating between 350-500 calories a day. It's just unbelievable how you can go from eating anything you want to perhaps eating an fifth of what you used to and still not lose.

I just made an appointment to see a nutritionist hopefully they can get me up to about 1200 calories too. I'm just disillusioned, I thought less calories equals weight loss but obviously my body has different plans

mushy stage is really hard to get up in calories (at least I had a hard time with it), hopefully the nut can help, I still had a hard time getting in calories on solids, but I'm getting better at it.

You are not alone! I couldn't break 500 cals during mushies and didn't lose a pound then either. Started on solids and the calories went up to 800-1000 and the weight started coming off. Don't worry about it...just keep doing what you are doing!

Thx guys for the replies. It helps to know there is an end in sight. Hopefully when I start solids and I can up my calories ill start losing.

Same thing happened to me. But I increased a bit more with some slightly not mushy items like low fat cheese and got things kick-started again. Go to a nutritionist and do not get discouraged. It's a marathon not a sprint!!

I'm trying not to get discouraged but its hard when you think you should be seeing results but seeing as a few of you went through the same thing it's obvious I'm not eating enough and as soon as I can I should start seeing some movement on the scale.< /p>

I went to see the surgeon and explained I haven't lost weight for nearly 2 weeks. I'm 3 weeks post op. He said I'm not eating enough and my body is in starvation mode. What the hell am I supposed to eat? I've been eating mainly mushed vegetables with either ricotta or cottage cheese. I eat an egg in the morning but on my best day I'm only getting to about 500 calories. I don't get it, I'm eating 4-5 times a day but its just that I can't eat a lot at one sitting. Has anyone else gone through the same thing? Any tips?

yes be patient

easier said than done but its a fact.

the first month (4 to 6 weeks) is for healing your insides

you and i did not gain weight overight so you wont lose it over night

focus on (if you are on soft/mush yet) Protein and eating good quality foods

you have to eat to feed your body..just because the scale is not moving does not

mean our new band is not working..give it a chance.

not trying to be mean but trying to get you keep positive even when you dont want to.