Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went in for my one on one with my surgeon and he said the lap band doesn't work for everyone. I'm so confused now because everyone I've been talking to says the Sleeve is a better choice and I will lose weight much faster. ???• Now I'm just confused and don't know what procedure I should do. My date is set for February 27th and I have to be on an all liquid diet for 4 weeks ???‘ frustrated !

Do your homework. Be it the Sleeve, Lap Band, or Gastric Bypass, none work for everyone and none guarantee weight loss. Weight loss surgery is just a tool and requires changing your eating habits to healthy ones for life. Regardless of which you choose, the best thing you can do is go into it well informed and knowing what you'll need to do to be successful.

As far as the band, how much you lose is completely up to you. As far as not losing fast, I guess that's not always true either. I've lost over 175 pounds in a year and I'm still losing. Granted I have worked hard to get where I am, but I'm also living proof it can be done.

Just remember, at the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you.

Best wishes on whatever you choose to do.

Do your homework. Be it the Sleeve' date=' Lap Band, or Gastric Bypass, none work for everyone and none guarantee weight loss. Weight loss surgery is just a tool and requires changing your eating habits to healthy ones for life. Regardless of which you choose, the best thing you can do is go into it well informed and knowing what you'll need to do to be successful.

As far as the band, how much you lose is completely up to you. As far as not losing fast, I guess that's not always true either. I've lost over 175 pounds in a year and I'm still losing. Granted I have worked hard to get where I am, but I'm also living proof it can be done.

Just remember, at the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you.

Best wishes on whatever you choose to do.[/quote']

Thank you very much! Congrats on losing 175 that's what I hope to lose too! I'm going to stick to the band it's been such a long process and you are completely right.. It's just a tool ! Hopefully ill do as great as you have !???Š

I a in the same boat. Sleeve or band. :( I wish you the best of luck!

I code charts from the ER and there are so many patient's that come in dehydrated and malnourished from gastric bypass that it made the choice for the band that much easier. Granted the sleeve is different I'm not about to have the majority of my stomach removed. Never to get it back. Possibility stretching what did remain out and being back to square one. I wanted something I could control. That if needed to, could be removed. My personal opinion and how I decided to get the band. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

I code charts from the ER and there are so many patient's that come in dehydrated and malnourished from gastric bypass that it made the choice for the band that much easier. Granted the sleeve is different I'm not about to have the majority of my stomach removed. Never to get it back. Possibility stretching what did remain out and being back to square one. I wanted something I could control. That if needed to' date=' could be removed. My personal opinion and how I decided to get the band. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.[/quote']

My thoughts exactly!! My surgeon made a statement that had stuck with me. Why would you ever want to damage or remove a perfectly working organ? I liked the idea of restriction with the band but not changing my internal organs.

any WLS will take (work) and that is changing what you eat and the whole thing, even the bypass and sleeve while losing quicker amounts at first can stop working if the person beings to overeat (high fat junk foods) and its the same with the band....

there are pros and cons to any surgery...some like the band and some dont..everyone is different. some dont change what or how much they eat and after the bypass, now they want the band.....so its a whole mental thing.

it saved my life. but i realized something. to make the band work, i have to help it. i cant expect it to do everything. go into this with a want too attitude (do whatever it takes to make it work) or you will be disappointed.