Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have any suggestions to help get over the nervousness? Two more days and I am full of anxiety. All I can think of are all the bad things that can happen. For the most part everyone only has good things to say correct? Surgically the risks are minimal. I just wish it would come and go already. Anyone have any encouraging words of wisdom?

Thank you in advance!

Nervous is perfectly normal. I would be more worried if you were not worried. Very few Lapband surgeries go band, and then it is not fatal. You will be fine. Go find something to clean around the house to take you mind off of the surgery, or call a friend... Anything... Just do not obsess. NO stress, No worries!

I am in the same position melidawn! I get banded tomorrow morning at 7 am. I was calm and cool until now....and now I am worrying if I am making the right decision. I know I am I just wish I could fast forward through this.

You have made the right decision. You are here because the diets in the past didn't work. The band will only assist you and not work a miracle. You still have to work at it but there has been more success stories here on this forum. Just ask around and almost all will say they should have done this long ago.

Best wishes

I'm having my surgery next Friday, and I'm feeling the same way. For me, I'm not nervous about life with the band I'm sooo ready to have it, but I'm afraid of surgery itself (I've always had fears of waking up DURING sugery). I'm sure all will go well though, and before we know it we'll be on the other side :) Good luck!

I was suprised how easy the surgery went. Surgery at 7:30am and home by 10:45am. Compared to my total knee replacements this was a piece of cake. I still was neurvous about the dicsion if I made the right choice. But I'm glad I did it and am making the changes I need with the help of the band.

Nerves are normal, just keep in mind that you made the decision to get healthy. And its removable. Not that, that would be a choice f mine, but that seemed to help me before the surgery. I also spent time researching post op menu plans. I found this to be very helpful

http://www.pvsurgical.com/bariatric/LB_Diet_Guidelines.pdf

It goes along the same guidelines as my surgeon told me, but this is spelled out for you. I found it to be very helful.

Very normal! I would be shocked if people said they weren't nervous. I am almost 3 months post op and am down 44 pounds. I can honestly say I wish I would have done the surgery years ago. It is a short, easy surgery and you will all do great. A few days after surgery you will be so happy it is behind you and excited to see the weight start dropping off;)

I was the same way until the day before. Then I found a calm come over me.

If you stress about it you are putting stress on your body and could slow your healing process.

I was a mess the week leading up to my surgery. But getting banded was the best decision I ever made. Take a deep breath and remember why you are doing this in the first place. Envision yourself a year from now, happy and healthy. It will be worth it!

Ok im having surgery in a few hrs. Im not nervous at all instead all i can think is about food :(. & how did i not realize how strong my emotional ties are to food until now. So i guess my jitters are about bring scared i cant make it. I cant fail this is the last chance to make myself happy w/ something besides food again

Ok im having surgery in a few hrs. Im not nervous at all instead all i can think is about food :(. & how did i not realize how strong my emotional ties are to food until now. So i guess my jitters are about bring scared i cant make it. I cant fail this is the last chance to make myself happy w/ something besides food again

You will make our anxiety can disguise itself any many ways. If you are determined enough to get to this point the rest will be just fine. My surgery is tomorrow and unlike you I am nervous but its just those last minute what ifs that will drive you crazy if you let it. Keep the faith you won't fail!!!

You will make it! our anxiety can disguise itself any many ways. If you are determined enough to get to this point the rest will be just fine. My surgery is tomorrow and unlike you I am nervous but its just those last minute what ifs that will drive you crazy if you let it. Keep the faith you won't fail!!!