Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Today

I finally had my first post op today even though surgery was oct 22. It went great. Esophogram was fine and Dr gave me my first fill. Apparently at the surgery she put 2ccs in my 10cc band and today she added another for a total of 3ccs. Here's the good news. I was nervous the fill would hurt. She had me lie on my back with my hands behind my head and do a crunch, and by the time I crunched the needle was IN! No pain at all! It took like 4 seconds and done! liquids today and tomorrow, then back to normal on thanksgiving. They gave me a sand filled hourglass timer that times 30 seconds. I flip it when I chew meat so as to be sure to chew for 30 seconds. Then when I swallow I flip it again and wait 30 seconds for it to settle. My surgeon Dr Ren has the advantage that her husband is Banded, so she has watched him for years and this is the technique he uses. So I'm going to try it. Now for my BIG question: can you guys eat stuffing? It is my big treat after losing 20 lbs and I want some.

I also had my first fill today, 6ccs in a 14 cc band. I was afraid it would be too much but so far so good! It's great we will be able to eat finally for Thanksgiving I am so excited!! Congratulations!

That's great news!!! Congratulations!!! We are on our way, and what a way to go!!!! :)

To answer your question... Yes I can eat stuffing but after a fill I am liquids for 24 hrs then mushies ... So you may try to eat the leftovers on Friday if your dr follows that course as well.

Just be careful... bread products can be tricky...as can the celery and sausage in the stuffing if yours has it.... Just be sure it's very moist and take tiny bites. You may not realize the fill offers more restriction than you are used to.

Enjoy

Congratulations on your first fill. A few morre to go and you will be eating healthy and feeling fuller longer.

Best wishes

When I had my first fill, she took out what was left from surgery to measure and then put that plus 1cc back in. She kept the needle in me, made me sit up and gulp a small glass of Water, while the needle was still sticking out of me. If the water goes down the needle comes out. She just doesn't want to have to go poking again if she needs to take some out. Kind of freaky but you get use to it, I suppose.

I also had my first fill today' date=' 6ccs in a 14 cc band. I was afraid it would be too much but so far so good! It's great we will be able to eat finally for Thanksgiving I am so excited!! Congratulations![/quote']

Hi jenilou!

It's great to hear from you, we both have a 14cc and have 6cc filled already! How are you feeling? Are you in the green zone? I think I'm getting there! It's so excitingly nerve wrecking happiness!!! :)

My understanding with bread is that is has moisture in it so when you eat it it becomes a ball of glue. That is why we'll toasted bread works because the moisture has been removed. SOOOOO, stuffing shouldn't be a problem right?

I did a test run of TG by making my turkey dinner last Sunday. Had only about 2 tbs of stuffing but did not have a problem. Then again, like you, I am new to my journey and don't have a lot of restriction yet!