Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been experiencing a little port discomfort lately. It feels like a slight pull, and it's not all the time. In addition to that, I've been quite gassy / tummy very bubbly.

My port area definitely bothered me Sat night, when we were dancing at a Halloween party, later in the evening. I was actually rubbing it a little. It hurt to dance, but I still kept dancing.

Let me say, this has been happening on & off the last few weeks. Does it have anything to do with possibly being bloated (ocassionally constipated)? :(

Has anyone ever dealt with this discomfort?

hi domick, i have the same pain on my port i was banded july9th of this year .my port area has been bothering me also like this evening had to take some meds for pain its very uncomfortable it hurts me for a couple hours during the day about 2-3 days out of the 7 day week!! i am worried also if this is normal i thought by now it wouldnt hurt anymore and i notice if i am more active then normal it will hurt more,i hope it goes away with time.hope you feel better!

Tonyann

I would suggest you both check with your doctors. You shouldn't be having pain at your port.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks AJ.

Tonyann > Sounds like we have the same issue. I'm actually going to take a pain pill now. I hope you feel better soon too. I have a Dr apt next Tuesday, so I think I'm going to mention this to the Dr & see what he says. Contact me Tuesday afternoon (if you remember & dont call yr Dr first), and I"ll let you know what he says.

Thanks AJ.

Tonyann > Sounds like we have the same issue. I'm actually going to take a pain pill now. I hope you feel better soon too. I have a Dr apt next Tuesday' date=' so I think I'm going to mention this to the Dr & see what he says. Contact me Tuesday afternoon (if you remember & dont call yr Dr first), and I"ll let you know what he says.[/quote']

That was happening to me and I ignored it cuz of my low tolerance for pain. I thought I was being too sensitive. Went in for my first fill and found out my port flipped 180°. Couldn't fill. Have to go back in and flip it right side up before I can get my first fill. I wish you guys the best with no complicatipns. If you're on MFP, Please look me up.

Banded 9/7/12 231lbs, Goal 145lbs...221lbs as of 10/14/12

I'm on MFP too. Our current weight's are close. I'm around 215 / 216 now...

I updated that today but it's only showing on the website. I am now 216.2 as of this morning. Friend me on MFP. I could use all the support I can get. Tell your friends try friend me. lol Just make they are sharing the diary, at least with the friends list.

hi domika,yes please let me know what your dr. tells you ! please add me as your friend,also what is MFP? good luck on your dr vist, i was banded on july9th and starting weight was 223 my weight now is 202 ,my weight loss has been slow but i know i havent reached the green zone i have had 3 fills and have a lrg 14cc band .

Tonyann

Some of you are familiar with my port flip issue. Today was my procedure to correct this. Dr went back in, repositioned it & re anchored it. Still have not had my first fill. He gave me 1cc just to facilitate the procedure. Full food and still no restriction. Next appointment 11/19/12 for possible first fill...UGH.

hi domika' date='yes please let me know what your dr. tells you ! please add me as your friend,also what is MFP? good luck on your dr vist, i was banded on july9th and starting weight was 223 my weight now is 202 ,my weight loss has been slow but i know i havent reached the green zone i have had 3 fills and have a lrg 14cc band .

Tonyann[/quote']

Did you ever get on MFP?

What is MFP?

My fitness pal

What is MFP?

My Fitness Pal. A fantastic aid to this journey. Wonderful support! Very simplifed way to track food and fitness. People share their food diary at all stages from pre-op to several years post-op. Use on computer or smart phone app. Please check it out! If you like it add me to your MFP friends. O:-)

Did you ever friend me on MFP? Been off the radar for a while. Back in the loop as of tday.

Hey DarkAngel, Just added you on MFP... :)