Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's My Fourth Bandiversary!!

I had to come on here to share my happiness! Today is the fourth anniversary of my surgery. I had my operation with Dr. Roberto Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico (I was self-pay) on October 23, 2008. It's been four years, and I've been at (or under) my goal for more than two years now!

My advice to all newbies is to take your measurements and before photos now if you haven't already! Also, keep trying different types of exercise until you find one (or more) that you actually like -- it makes a HUGE difference if you find something you enjoy! If you plateau, take your measurements -- you may be losing inches, especially if you are working out more at the time.

I love this site -- it was a huge source of information for me, and encouragement, when I started this process. Blogging has been huge too -- if not for my blog, I'm not sure if I would have stayed as focused as I did. It really kept me engaged in the whole band process, and kept me accountable, too. I like it now because I can see how I got from 230 pounds to my current of 153 (2 pounds below goal) and how I've stayed within a 5 pound range for more than two years. I encourage any of you who aren't blogging yet to give it a whirl if you have interest!

Best wishes for all of your success!

Catherine

This is an awesome post, so inspiring!! I'm a little off track, but have lost 82 lbs. Thanks for sharing your success.

Thank you so much for sharing your success story. It is definitely encouraging for those of us still trying to "get there".

Great job and you look amazing!! Congrats.

What an awesome thread, thank you!

Congratulations on your success!

Please stick around and help the soon to be & just banded ppl, me being one if them.

You Rock!

Congrats on your success. Lossing the weight is one thing, maintaining is another. Love to hear your secrets regarding maintaining. I'm getting close to goal and I've never been successful at keeping it off.

Thanks for sharing.