Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 22 Surgery Date!

Yikes! This is getting really real! Today I went to a support group at NYU and met a bunch of awesome people who have lost tons of weight. They were really an inspiration and even the ones who were not losing as much as they would like or who were struggling to eat well all agreed it was the best thing they ever did. Are there any other october bandsters out there? I'm going to need you guys to get me through this. Let's do this together! Come on, don't make me hang out with the sept banisters! Post, my soon to be skinny sisters and brothers! I want to meet you!

Yikes! This is getting really real! Today I went to a support group at NYU and met a bunch of awesome people who have lost tons of weight. They were really an inspiration and even the ones who were not losing as much as they would like or who were struggling to eat well all agreed it was the best thing they ever did. Are there any other october bandsters out there? I'm going to need you guys to get me through this. Let's do this together! Come on' date=' don't make me hang out with the sept banisters! Post, my soon to be skinny sisters and brothers! I want to meet you![/quote']

It's good to hear successful stories of any degree. I have a surgery date of October 2nd. I'm also getting nervous. Ready to get it over with. Finished my preoperative testing today. Good luck to you.

I am scheduled for Oct 5th. This is getting very real for me as well. I'm torn between being excited & nervous. So ready to have some time off from work & get this surgery done. I'm too ready to move on to this next chapter.

Good luck to us all!

Good luck to you all!! It is scary because you are starting a journey to a whole new lifestyle, but I don't think you will have any regrets. So excited for you!

I just got my surgery date today...October 22nd!!!

@secondchancesally we are surgery twins!!! I'm more nervous for the two week liquid diet than the surgery. I'm also excited/nervous!!..strange combo

Hi keketwin! I have already started buying Protein Shakes and a little blender to get myself psyched for the diet. My birthday is in the middle of the 2 week pre op diet so I'm calling friends so we can Celebrate before the diet starts. I'm nervous too. I wasn't going to tell people but then I decided, I need the support!!!! I'm going to need to B$&@th! So I've gotten friends and co workers on board. Hang in there. We are in this together.

Good morning! Good luck! I'm October 30 and feel so lucky that my insurance is paying for this, and that I have a chance at freeing myself from the physical and psychological burden of being so fat! This forum is awesome - I love the success stories! We October bandsters are going to do great!

I 'm planning on taking a week off from work post op to get used to newness. Anybody have similar plans? How do you manage liquids once back to work?

Thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous day ...counting down!

I am new here. My surgery is scheduled for October 22. I am nervous but excited at the same time. Not looking forward to the week of liquids.< /p>

I get baned oct.23 and starting the pre op diet, need to buy some powder though. I would love a band buddie as no one here I know that has done it recently. I live in Austin tx but would love a email or on here chatting.

Hi everyone I am also an October bandster and I have been doing really well on the liquid diet. I will be banded this Friday the 19th. I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. ugh!!!! I know that we all will do well because we have all this support. Try Jay Robb Protein powders they are very good. Good luck and stay strong.

Last night was my bday. My 2 best buds came over and had Protein Shakes w me. W played music and danced and carved pumpkins and my daughter put halloween tattoos on everyone. It was lots of fun and nice to be not food oriented. I am finding it really hard to do just the Protein shakes. I'm allowed 2 cups of non starch veg or salad per day but no dressing or sauce or fat. That's the hard part. I'm craving salt. I could eat pickles all day. Yesterday I put no fat hot sauce on my veg and that was great. I have no cravings for sweet because that's all I eat all day with the shakes so even tho I'm allowed SF pudding Jello and pops and I have them in my fridge I don't want them. I've tried the Unjury chicken Soup but since its not thick like the shakes it wasn't satisfying and my stomach growled til I could eat again 3 hours later. This weekend my daughter turns 2 and I have the challenge of making her a cake without licking anything!!! Then surgery is on Monday oct 22

I just got my surgery date today...October 22nd!!!

@secondchancesally we are surgery twins!!! I'm more nervous for the two week liquid diet than the surgery. I'm also excited/nervous!!..strange combo

I am scheduled one week after you, on the 29th. Let me know how it goes!!

Last night was my bday. My 2 best buds came over and had Protein Shakes w me. W played music and danced and carved pumpkins and my daughter put halloween tattoos on everyone. It was lots of fun and nice to be not food oriented. I am finding it really hard to do just the Protein shakes. I'm allowed 2 cups of non starch veg or salad per day but no dressing or sauce or fat. That's the hard part. I'm craving salt. I could eat pickles all day. Yesterday I put no fat hot sauce on my veg and that was great. I have no cravings for sweet because that's all I eat all day with the shakes so even tho I'm allowed SF pudding Jello and pops and I have them in my fridge I don't want them. I've tried the Unjury chicken Soup but since its not thick like the shakes it wasn't satisfying and my stomach growled til I could eat again 3 hours later. This weekend my daughter turns 2 and I have the challenge of making her a cake without licking anything!!! Then surgery is on Monday oct 22

Have you tried Chicken or beef broth? I can have both on my diet and also Veggie broth. They are very good and the chicken broth is salty which may help your salt cravings.

I get banded on the 29th. I just started my liquid diet Monday (15th) I can't have anything solid though, not even veggies or salad, or even pudding for that matter! I can have broth, SF popsicles, protein shakes and SF juice. Thats about it.

Good luck. Let me know how it went so I will know what to look forward to!

So I got the preop call Monday the 22 at 12 but have to be there at 9:30 am. I am so happy and nervous, I know this is the best thing for me but still scared. I am prepared food wise though. I am hosting a bunco game tonight and cooking s it will be hard to resist tasting buying have done it so far. I know I will rely on yalls support through the next few weeks and year. Don't hesitate to email me o chat. I have very few friends here in Austin that I can talk to about this. Thanks

So are you having your surgery on the 22nd Alaskanclover? Did you already do your preop diet? I am on day 5 of the liquid diet. I would like to say it is getting easier but not so much! How did your bunko night go?