Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So next weekend I will be celebrating my 2nd bandaversiry. I still have 30 lbs to go.I was hoping to be at goal weight not maintaining like my dr says i am. I had some issues recently with my band having it come over the sides. I had reflux, vomiting and nite coughing. They took 2.75 out. All of the symptoms disappeared immediately. I took another ugi last week and band was almost perfect. I went back to the dr and expected a fill and he told me it was a 10 week process, come back in 4 weeks and we will start putting back in.

I gained 2 lbs in 6 weeks cause i am eating more cause i am hungry.

To top things off i dislocated my shoulder on New years day so no weight training, no trainer just walking and treadmill.

IS MY BODY TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING??

So the positives are I only gained two pounds. I am still a size 12 lbs. Lost 80lbs So all in all i should be happy.

Intellectually i am but emotionally I want those cheese puffs to soothe myself (old habits...).

Just feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks for reading my bit**ing and moaning.

Wendy

This would be really hard. What you have to do now is go on a diet to make sure you don't gain whilst you are waiting to be refilled.

There is nothing wrong with eating if you are hungry so long as you choose the right type of foods. Make salads(no cheese or high fat dressings), keep chopped up raw veggies in the fridge, make veggie Soup. These are all fine to snack on between meals.

Plan what you are going to eat for the day and include a treat - just make sure you have included the calories.

Most importantly DO NOT LET THE cheese PUFFS WIN.

Thanks. I can only do little bit of salad. I have been journaling that's prob why only 2 lbs. I have some chick pea snack recipes i am going to try. I just went shopping and glad to say the cheese puffs stayed at the store with her friends potato chips and corn chips!!

Wendy

Thanks. I can only do little bit of salad. I have been journaling that's prob why only 2 lbs. I have some chick pea snack recipes i am going to try. I just went shopping and glad to say the cheese puffs stayed at the store with her friends potato chips and corn chips!!

Wendy

That's awesome that you won the battle at the store!! I'd be very distressed, too, in your situation. Hang on by your toes until you get refilled. A slip is nothing to mess with, so let it get fully healed.

Best wishes in your recovery!

I love it when a veteran posts comments, we all wonder what it will be like you know!

thanks for sharing. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the same temptations are always lurking - ready to take over again! I will watch for them.

you are doing something right if you only gained 2 lbs. hope you are back on your feet again soon!

Thank you both. Support is the as you know.biggrin.gif

I had mine done the end of june and was hopeing to be down 60 im only down 45 and havent lost any weight the last 2 months I totally know how your feeling in a way I feel sad and discouraged but im going to try to stay positive and focused youll be ok