Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Muscle Milk

Have many tried this? I keep hearing about it but it's not in the dairy section. Does it taste like milk? I prefer the taste of skim milk. What are your thoughts on the taste and where can I fInd this stuff?

Muscle Milk is high in sugars, my Surgeon says stay away from it..... He recommends 24 g of Protein, and less than 3 gm of sugar.

I have had Muscle Milk- vanilla and banana- they taste pretty good- I usually find it in the Protein Drink area at Walmart- Of course that was whe I was dieting by myself and gained all my weight.

I've only tried the muscle milk light, ready to drink chocolate flavor. It's not bad. Tastes like chocolate milk with an almost coconut after taste.

I found it in my grocery store at their refrigerated health food section, by the Vitamins, etc. it wasn't in the dairy case. I shop at a Texas-based grocery store called HEB so it might be in a different locale in your store. It's not with the slim fast.

I've heard some people buy it online, at GNC or their local health food store.

Its in the health area of Walmart or a grocery store...usually by the power bars. I drink a Premier Protein drink from costco every morning. 130 cals and 30 grams of Protein. I like it although its quite sweet...I didnt like the muscle mild...it tastes vitaminey or mediciney to me.

i drink the MM lite..... and i love them..... they have a new one call Latte..... yummmmmyyyyyyy

they are great after a work out

I drink the MM Lite in powder form.

2 scoops & 8 oz Water makes a flavorful shake. 4 oz. and in the freezer makes a pudding.

I don't care for their chocolate ! So I buy there chocolate milk, and it is good!

vanilla creme, strawberry milkshake, Peanut Butter chocolate, Cookies n creme,

are very good and flavorful.

AllStarHealth.com has it the cheapest, and shipping is only one price $5.95.

Check it out for yourself.. That's where I buy my stuff from.

I drink HumaPro from ALR Industries and i mix their Chain'd Reaction with it most of the time. The HumaPro has no sugar at all, it is 28 grams of Protein with one scoop, it doesn't have whey protein or soy protein so you don't get gassy or bloated and you don't get all the other bad effects from whey protein. It has less then 4 calories per scoop and it has a 99% absorbtion rate where all whey protein including isolate you only have a 17-20% protein absobtion and the rest is waste that filters through your kidneys. So when they say you are getting 24 grams you are really only getting about 17-20% of that. Thats why a lot of people get sick to their stomach or feel tired when they have to drink a lot of it or get gassy or diareah and bloating.

I mix the Chain'd Reaction because thats where i get my callories and complex carbs from. It has 168 calories and 36 grams of carbs per scoop, the unflavored has no sugar in it and the watermelon flavor has only 5 grams. I mix apple cider humapro with unflavored chaind reaction and its awesome. Sometimes i even mix the humapro into yogurt or into pudding or Jello to get even more protein. I get my humapro from Vitamin Shoppe and from Amazon and i only get the chaind reaction from amazon, i haven't seen that one at Vitamin shoppe yet.

Muscle Milk is high in sugars, my Surgeon says stay away from it..... He recommends 24 g of Protein, and less than 3 gm of sugar.

I have had Muscle Milk- vanilla and banana- they taste pretty good- I usually find it in the Protein drink area at Walmart- Of course that was whe I was dieting by myself and gained all my weight.

I'm confused as to why your surgeon recommended you stay away from it. The mm I drink has 25g protein/ 3G of sugar... Was there something else in it that made him tell you to stay away from it?

I'm confused as to why your surgeon recommended you stay away from it. The mm I drink has 25g protein/ 3G of sugar... Was there something else in it that made him tell you to stay away from it?

I was told MM is has too many calories/grams of sugar and not enough protein.... He recommended for me to stay away from MM, Slim-Fast, Boost, Ensure, or Adkins.

MM Lite for me every morning for Breakfast.

2 scoops in the blender, with some fruit such as mixed berries.

MM lite, 2 scoops = 210 calories, 2 gm sugar, and 25gm Protein. plus daily Vitamins and minerals.

I've been following this regime ever since I was banded, actually, pre-op also.

I was told MM is has too many calories/grams of sugar and not enough protein.... He recommended for me to stay away from MM, Slim-Fast, Boost, Ensure, or Adkins.

He did not say anything about MM Lite- just regular MM......MM Lite sounds really good!

It is !

I drink muscle milk almost every morning. So far its the only Protein Shake I like. Tastes just like chocolate milk IMO

i LOVE Isopure zero carb powder. I just ordered two 3 lb jugs in preparation for surgery. my brother in law is a Dr, and it is the one he recommends...a little high on the calories, but the nutrition facts are for 2 scoops and most of the time i use one scoop...if you do opt for 2 scoops, it is a whopping 50 grams of Protein. it is loaded with Vitamins, mixes well and tastes great!

Heres a link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb/lowcarb.html

I broke down and bought a bottle...Though they didn't have the light only the regular... I must say i didn't care for it.. though spending almost 4$ for the damn thing i drank every drop of it... lol might as well drink it if i'm going to spend that kind of money on it. It wasn't quite what i was expecting.. I think I'll stick with the EAS Protein drinks..I can handle those a lot better..