Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow Is Almost Here..

Tomorrow morning I go in at 8:30am. I'm so excited I can barely relax. I've read so much on this forum and realized some people range from little discomfort to major pain post-op. I really hope I fall in the "little discomfort" category lol. I found out last week I definitely have to stay overnight due to sleep apnea I am beginning to think that is going to be a great thing..round the clock medication haha.

It's weird, I'm not worried about any steps of the surgical procedure but I am about post op pain. Go figure.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers..

I wish you luck tomorrow, I have my operation on Thursday (1/19) and am in the same boat with you with the excitement. teeth_smile.gif

I wish you luck tomorrow, I have my operation on Thursday (1/19) and am in the same boat with you with the excitement. teeth_smile.gif

Thank you...Good Luck to you too on Thursday!

Yayay! So exciting:) My surgery is booked for january 23.

Great! Praying you have a safe quick recovery

ive only been banded a month-i have sleep apnea too. i arrived at the hosp at 5;45am and left the hosp 5 hrs later- no overnighter needed. it was all so easy. mild discomfort on my left side for about 10 days- im down 14 lbs as of today and 1 pant size . woohoo !! wait until you get your 1st nsv ! (non scale victory) !! so worth it ! good luck to all !!

Hello all..everything went great yesterday morning. I'm glad I spent the night. I'm home now resting and watching the boob tube. walking is no problem and pain is easing up some.

Thanks for all the support.

You're in my prayers for a safe surgery and comfortable recovery. Just keep in mind.. Pain is easier to contol if you stay on top of it, so communicate with your nurses- ask questions, advocate for yourself, know what meds are available for pain, gas, nausea, etc and how often they are available. Don't be afraid to ask for ice, warm blankets, or help repositioning for comfort. It will all make a big difference 

You're in my prayers for a safe surgery and comfortable recovery. Just keep in mind.. Pain is easier to contol if you stay on top of it, so communicate with your nurses- ask questions, advocate for yourself, know what meds are available for pain, gas, nausea, etc and how often they are available. Don't be afraid to ask for ice, warm blankets, or help repositioning for comfort. It will all make a big difference 

Thank you, I'm staying on top of everything. I've had very little gas, no nausea and the soreness is maybe a 2 on a scale of 1-10 very manageable. Everyone at the hospital was great and encouraging.

That's FANTASTIC!! Congradulations! I can't wait until this liquid diet is over.. I'm tired of being hungry..not something Im used to..lol. I look forward to hearing about your success. Keep up the great work.

Just starting process, getting more excited reading all of this. NJ2NC glad went well and good luck, I will look forward to your post to see how it is going. LauRN how long do you have to be on the liquid diet?

Hi MaryDJ,

My doctor only required one week, but I put on a few extra pounds over the holidays, so it's the only way to get it off in time (for me). The one week prior to surgery is not about wt loss per say, but shrinking the fatty liver so it's not in the way during band placement..

Hey everyone,

NJ2NC glad everything went well! That's encouraging. Im scheduled for 1/23/12 for my surgery. I only had to do 1 week of preop liquid diet and it was tough the first 3 days but after that my headaches went away and the hunger was a bit more manageable. Im nervous and excited as well but so ready to get started on this life changing journey! reading through this site to get as much info as possible. wish me luck!

Hey everyone,

NJ2NC glad everything went well! That's encouraging. Im scheduled for 1/23/12 for my surgery. I only had to do 1 week of preop liquid diet and it was tough the first 3 days but after that my headaches went away and the hunger was a bit more manageable. Im nervous and excited as well but so ready to get started on this life changing journey! reading through this site to get as much info as possible. wish me luck!

Life2Short,

Tomorrow's the big day.. Your in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth journey into the next phase of your life..

Life2Short,

Tomorrow's the big day.. Your in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth journey into the next phase of your life..

Thank you NJ2NC for your kind words and prayers. My surgery went fine--but the 3 days after were hell. the doc repaired a hernia as well which was pretty painful. its day 4 now and im feeling much better today. its the "trapped gas" that really messed with me. that was so painful. but this is a new beginning and i just hope and pray all this pain is worth it in the end.