Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery Dec 1. My start weight was 201, weight day of surgery 194.

Today my weight is 182, but it hasnt really moved since December 16th. Im really frustrated.

Ive been waivering between 184.5 and 182 since mid December.

Ive had 2 fills since surgery, and dont notice a marked difference, as I am eating very clean.

Generally speaking my daily diet includes:

2 -3 yogurts (Greek, plain flavor, 100 calories, 17 gram Protein, 0 fat) 4 oz.

2 portions of lean meat - (chicken, tilapia, scallops, lobster, all plain, just broiled)

sauteed spinach, or cooked broccoli

sugar free popsicle or Jello or pudding.

Additionally, I have been exercising like a beast. Month to date, I have logged 97 miles on my bike, and do at least 6 miles a trip...

Im so sad, and frustrated. I paid for surgery out of pocket, and am wondering if its going to be worth it for me...

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Also, I realize my weight loss goal is significantly less than many on the board. I can appreciate that the less you have to lose, the slower it goes, but please dont comment if you have anything nasty to say. I made the SAME committment as everyone else, and felt that the response to my last post was less than encouraging. I hadnt been on the board since, but today feel very desperate.

HELP

It sounds like u are eating very similar to me, and exercising. Are u doing any strength training ? I do a lot of cycling too around 6 miles a day but what burns the fat is doing strength training after u get your heart rate up. plateau's can last weeks sometimes months, the less u need to lose the harder it is to shift the weight, I know i am slowing down now too. keep plugging away at it and dont give up just keep going, maybe change diet only a little change tho, it sounds like u are eating enough Protein, maybe try changing a meal for a shake, plateau's are when your body is just maintaining its self u need to shock it into gear again :)

Another fill will give u a little more restriction hopefully too !

I have only been banded for 3 weeks but I have heard people say you need to switch up what your eating or you body gets used to it. Maybe you should try another source of Protein once in awhile and see if that helps.

If you are just looking at the scale for results you should keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. Are your clothes fitting any better even if the scale isn't moving?

Plateaus suck, but at least you aren't gaining!!!

Ok, let me see..........194lbs minus 182lbs = 12 lbs lost, divided by 6 weeks = 2lbs / week.

So what is the problem????

Not to mention your body is just getting past the healing stage and back to normal.

People would die for 2 lbs per week.

(and that's not counting what you lost pre surgery!!!!!)

Trust me, you have no idea what a real plateau is like! If you are "Really Stressed" now as the title says, then you're gonna love it when you've been

banded 6-8 months from now.

You are doing everything just right but the body resists change...all you have to do now is stay the course and your plateau will end. Its hard to be patient but thats all you need and the conviction that you are doing it right!

One pound of fat may indeed weigh the same as one pound of muscle, but the density is entirely different. For instance it would be like a brick and a pebble weighing the same, but the pebble takes up a lot less space.

You have done well, your right in ther at 2lbs. a week.

Your body is still healing, this can take some time.

When it starts to come of you will know it !

In the meantime, don't think that you have done this for nothing !

Because you did not...

Go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up. It's free, and will keep track of

all your everything, and keep it in Memory.

You wanna see what you had to eat 6 months back, then go take a look.

Calories, Protein, Ecercise, Scan your producst by the Barcode label, and your phone (if compatible) and more!

This will help keep track of your wl, so give it a try. A lot of people from here are there.

I am Losingintime there, look me up.

Shirley.

I understand being frustrated. I was told by my dietican that you should avoid slider foods like yogurt and pudding because it doesn't keep you full longer. She said you should shoot for protiens to be something you have to chew so it stays in your belly and you have to eat less of it. Just a thought. Good luck and hang in there!