Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I think I met the next people to be on Dr Oz's Show today in the doctor's office. I went in to get a slight unfill as I was too tight (took out .3cc). I met a very nice husband and wife couple who have both been Banded for 2 years. They looked like they had never been overweight in their whole life. We were talking about being banded and I was getting looks from the women like "have you had your surgery? really? What happen? Granted I am 169 but I was 253. When I told her I was here to get a small unfill she laughed at me “an unfill” I would NEVER get an unfill. We both stay as tight as we can and they were there for a fill. The women had been 136 lbs before the Band and her husband in the 170's

She said she is never really hungry and when she is she gets so happy cause she knows she is losing weigh she now weighed in at 108 (really?) This is their diet: a small glass of juice in the morning and then for dinner they make vegtable stew and blend it up completly so it can go down no lunch. It takes her an hour to get down a bottle of Water (really?) she added sometimes she can not get her own salivia down as band is too tight. She wants to be a tight as she can so nothing can go down, him also. She was still staring at me like no way could I have the band and still be so large? Well I have been in my size10 jeans for more than a year, thought I is was doing pretty good.

When, I have just been through two weeks like that as after my last fill a month ago was great for 2 weeks But . . . 2 weeks later it kick in and no food, just water and watered down protien shakes I knew time for small unfill. I had lost 8 lbs in those two weeks but is was not fun, not normal. But after seeing her a small part of me wanted to run out of that office and get stuff for Soup and some juice. I have been trying to lose 15 or 20 lbs for so long and I wanted to believe I could do the same for a while and hit goal.

There was a young girl in the room with us who was just banded in Mexico and was there to get her first fill, she looked terrified. Aslo another women about my age was in the room and she just kept shaking her head at everyword they said. I tried to tell the young girl that was not what most people do, She got called for her fill and I never saw her again. When I got called I could feel 2 sets of eyes looking at my huge size 10 butt as I walked by. Not sure if they made it for their fill so she could keep gurgling night and day as I left them (alone) with the another lady and she was ready to kill.

Cheri

NOTE: these Doctors do fills for people Banded in Mexico. This was in Houston, Texas need the number message me

That is insane and so are the Dr's that enable that kind of behaviour.

I like my band tight, but the above illustration is absurd!

Believe me when I say I can feel my band with EVERY swallow, no matter what it is. I have read posts here about people freaking out that their bands may be too tight and to me this is normal. But I keep my opinions to myself.

Not as bad as the above illustration, but since being banded I have adapted a whole new lifestyle when it comes to how I eat!

To me, that's why I was banded. It's not just another diet, but a physical change.

This sounds really dangerous, and the doctors should be questioned for agreeing to go along with such a regimen. How can they possibly be getting their daily nutritional requirements? Where is the Protein in a glass of juice and some pureed veggies?

Did she have any hair on her head? They must take many, many Vitamins in order to have energy to get through the day! Shame on those fill techs or doctors!

A woman in my support group does the same thing. It's got to be so unhealthy. I bet they are loosing a lot of muscle. I don't blame the doctor's though, they are probably not being honest. Telling them what they need to to get a fill, basically that they are hungry and everything is staying down fine.

Those people are idiots! They are going to injure themselves or have malnutrition or something. For a doctor to allow that is crazy and if I were you I'd find a new fill doc. Did you say they were banded at 136 and 170 lb? That in itself is retarded. Those are healthy weights for a man and woman. They definitely have an eating disorder

Glad to know I didn't have it wrong all this time. These are my New Doctor's since Dr Spivak retired. It was their first time there too so maybe they Dr. shop and keep getting fills. I am not sure if these Doctors gave them a fill or not as I got my unfill and left.

Cheri

Cheri, you're way too smart to fall for that kind of crazy talk. Those people are either highly under educated, or just plain stupid. And I agree -- no way can they be eating healthy on such a diet. But then, maybe they're the "bandorexic" type. (Did I just make up that word?) Having a band that restricts eating doesn't mean they don't also have an eating disorder.

I learned awhile ago that I'll never be the weight I was when I was younger, so I don't even try. It's about healthy, and feeling good about how I look. I'm at a weight now that I can live with, if forced to be this size for the rest of my life. Sure, I'd like to be thinner, but as a guy, having a 34" waist at 58 years of age isn't bad. Especially since I'm more than 12 inches smaller than I was a year ago... :)

Dave

Who would band these two nut cases when they were normal weight ? Unless they were self pay, so they didn't have to go through the pre op psych eval and nutrition eval. Still, it's highly unethical. I don't think I would want to go to a practice like that. It's a strange and disturbing story.

That's not what this Band is all about...

I like mine a little snug, but,,, I just had a unfill

for being to tight., and I feel allot better.

I have been there where I couldn't swallow

saliva, and the surgeon thought he blew the band...

It's a terrible feeling.

Don't these people think about the Band being

to tight, and doing Damage to the stomach, then

as a result,,, it has to be removed.. They are Blind

to the way this Band Works, and there surgeon

is a Quack ! He's got to be crazy to keep tightening

them up like that.

I know it's a Money Maker, but that's ridiculous.

I'm glad you have the common sense not to go

down that street, and realize, that they are the

ones that are wrong...

Hope your feeling better, with a slight unfill.

Shirley.

Cheri, you're way too smart to fall for that kind of crazy talk. Dave

Dave_NW you made my day! Been a while since I was told I was smart. Thank you! I just thought someone might bring a camera out and say it was a prank, but it is real life crazy people. I am like you I am 51 and want to lose 15 or 20 more but if I don't and stay where I am at I would be happy too. When they pass away at least their caskets will be light , , , sorrythat was rude , , , but they were laughing at me.

Cheri

It makes me so angry when i think what i went through just to get my fill back after having to unfill for surgery. I mean, i work my freaking guts out to not regain weight, its 40 degrees celcius in the melbourne summer, ive had half my intestines removed and have an ileostomy lirterally pissing Water out of my body at the rate of a litre an hour, im having chemoherapy, and im out running 8 kms so tt i dont gain weight. My reward? Oh, youre not overweight you dont need any fill back in!!!!!! It took me months of cajoling, pleading, begging and eventually changing doctors within the ractice to get someone to understand thatbit was sheer bloody mindedness tha kept me from gaining, not the fact that i didnt need any restricyion. Yet idiots like this can ge fills they dont need fro stupid doctors ho are obviously only in the business to make a buck out of fat people and fools. Disgusting.

My daughter has a friend who only drinks Protein Drinks. She has one of those 5 hour drinks and that is one of her meals. She looks good, and is very afraid of gaining any weight back! She was always heavy even at a very young age. She had a cheating husband and is now single and looking. He tried to come back to her after she lost all her excess weight. She is a very pretty girl and I think, unless you knew her before, folks would never guess she was a fatty all her life. She is in a size 2 now! It is sad, but she is running around being very happy! I would not want to live without eating! (Note:while she was on her 1st stage, she licked the McDonald wrappers when getting the kids their dinner!)