Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please I need Advice from you wonderful Veterans!!!

Hi, First of all I want to thank all you veterans LP’er for all the help thorough this journey. It’s been such a great support and help to me to read these post. So I am 3 and ½ weeks post op. I lost 7 pounds pre surgery and only 10 pounds this last 24 days. I just weighed in and feel horrible, I was only down that much. It’s the same as I was when I went in for my 1 week post op appointment. Now, I know that the 1st. month is for healing but I have been exercising (walking & biking stationary) since the first week appt. and I have been eating 1000-1300 calorie (only healthy - not one bad food). Also, I am full after about 1 cup of food. I might not even need a fill. My question is: do you think I am NOT eating enough calories? I have read this and people have said this. Please let me know what you think the problem is. I really value your options. I love my LP and I am self pay. My BMI is 32 (was 33) I would be happy to lose 40lbs. and keep it off. I have battled with weight my whole life with gaining and losing then gaining. Thank you all again!! I wish you all so much happiness and success in your life!

I think that sounds OK. You could probably take in more calories, but if you're not hungry and are getting in your Protein, why don't you wait until your appetite kicks in? It's hard for me to know if what you're eating is OK without knowing the foods you are getting the calories from though. Maybe write it all down and take your food journal with you to the doctor next time you go.

Glad it's going well for you!

Catherine

I think 10 pounds in 24 days sounds great. To stay healthy you shoudn't loose more than 2 pounds a week. Plus, if you loose too fast your skin will not be able to adjust and you may end up with more flabbiness than necessay. Don't beat yourself up. Sounds like your doing great to me. If you can eat up to 1300 calories daily and still loose at this rate, you will make it very close to your 40 pound mark by Christmas. Won't that be great !?!

I agree - 10 pounds in 24 days is awesome -- if you lose 10 pounds a month that's a great rate -- I was banded in December and have lost a total of 80 pounds -- only 5 away from my goal -- and that has been about 10 pounds a month. You don't want to lose any faster than that as it isn't healthy. I only had 2 fills and feel like I'm at the sweet spot -- although sometimes I feel like I don't eat enough - I think eating more often with tiny portions and keeping the Protein up is the plan. Good luck - you're off to a great start!

Debbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Congratulations on your band and your success so far. I agree with the others that 10 lb in 24 days is pretty great but you say that was all in the first week? Do you have a Protein goal or at least keeping track of your protein? It's really important for your weight loss and so is your Water intake. Also, if you are female and happen to check your weight right before/during your time of month you may have a few pounds of water retention. Don't lose heart, you're doing great!

Thank for your input. I should not be obsessed with the number and keep eating right. I think so far its been very easy with the help of my beloved LP. lol I do eat plenty of Protein and really love my shakes. I guess i have heard so much about not letting your body go into starvation mode. And that i should be eating 1700 calories. I am 5'10 214. GOSH..thats hard with me to eat that much. (now) :) Thanks again!! and you all have done so well you should be so proud of yourself. I know the LP helps but there is a lot of good choices and discipline with this journey. Good Luck and God bless!

I have the exact same story ad you pretty much. I lost 20 lbs before surgery and 19 since. All of that in the first 3 weeks. Im now almost to week 6 and I haven't lost anything in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm trying not to get discouraged though. I eat under 1200 calories a day and I've been exercising but nothing. I just keep telling myself that my body is adjusting and healing still and it will start to come off again. I'm eating about 85 grams of Protein a day and drinking 1-1/2 gallons of Water. I get my first fill in 2 weeks. I'm not starving between meals but I know I could use the fill.

Go to myfitnesspal.com It's FREE !

You will find everything that you eat on there, also record your excersise. It's all kept in Memory also. That's a Plus if you need to look something up.

Hope to see you there, a lot of us are over there. I am losingintime on that site.

Shirley.