Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

delete

ok!

You are entitled to your own opinion!!!

It sounds to me like your goals were not health when you got your band, that your goal was just to lose weight and not have to do any work. Well, that's tough. Life is hard work, being healthy is hard work; even for most people who don't have to have weight loss surgery. Almost every person has to do some sort of 'diet and exercise' to be healthy.

I know that in the short amount of time I have had the lapband, it is NOT a gimmick, and it truly is a tool. I had lost a good amount of weight before deciding to get the band, but I was stuck in a horrible cycle. My back hurt to much to exercise, but to lose weight I needed to exercise, and for my back to stop hurting, I needed to lose weight. It was a vicious cycle. Getting the band has kickstarted everything, and has helped me help MYSELF. I love exercising! It feels great to be able to treat my body like a machine and a tool for living rather than a burden. People say that because it's true. Sure, it's not easy; but in my mind nothing really worth having is easy.

Life is a gift, don't take it for granted! I assume that you want to think back someday on your accomplishments and the things that you acheived rather than just letting everything be easy and feeling entitled to not having to work for things. Human beings are a great package; but some assembly is required ;)

I am sorry that you are feeling frustrated and fed up and that your lapband is a gimmick. What makes you feel that way? What is happening to you that is making you feel like it is failing? Maybe some people on the board can help. It's hard to help you though with such an outwardly negative post.

because i lost the weight with out it the same way as i do with it there is just no difference diet and exercise either way

because i lost the weight with out it the same way as i do with it there is just no difference diet and exercise either way

Well, that's great! I hope you've lost a lot and are doing well. Just remember though, that just because that was your experience doesn't mean it is everyone else's experience, and that doesn't mean that the band itself is a gimmick. That just means you personally were able to accomplish the same thing with or without it.

From looking at your information - it appears you have been recently banded.

I felt the SAME WAY for almost a year after being banded....i needed to use my will power and effort ......... and did NOT seem fair!!

But now I have a good amount of Fluid in my band - and can NOT eat alot of food.....so less mental will power is needed to succeed.

However, i still need to use the will power when it comes to poor choices -- -ice cream can be my downfall....it simply flows right through the banded area.

So you are right --- people can get banded and NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT.............it depends on the attitude and WILL to want to actually make a change.

GOOD LUCK in your journey -- hope you continue to have weight loss success!!

we were banded the exact same d ay, and have lost almost the same amount of weight. CONGRATULATIONS !! I klnow it was not a easy 47 lbs.

I also sometimes think that, but the difference with the band, is we will have the ability to keep it off for good, I have lost over 100 lbs b4 and gained it back, lost and gained it back. i know with the band it will NEVER come back again.

I can understand how u feel though, it is hard work, I knew from the beginning it was a tool, but after my slip and surgery to repair it, i def changed my outlook on the band. Its very powerfull,

much success to you !

I also looked at your information. (You actually only live a couple miles from me.) I'm assuming you are freshly banded since you've only been a member here since last month. Did you expect to wake up in recovery at your goal weight? You are 25 years old. You have youth on your side and should be able to lose rapidly. I'm twice your age with a 50 year old metabolism and have still managed to lose over 140 pounds. Maybe the difference is I have the maturity to handle the lifestyle changes that are necessary for success. I think possibly some counseling could help you. If you can't afford it Macomb County CMH or Catholic Social Services should be able to provide it for you. You've been given the opportunity of a life time. I wish I would have had this tool 25 years ago. My life would have so much different if I had. Don't blow this chance!

If you could lose it without the band then why did you get banded? I personally had been working out at least 5 days a week for several hours a day and killing myself trying to diet. I would lose a few pounds but gain twice as much back. Since the band I have lost 20 pounds and I have not had to be at the gym several hours a week. I can go like a normal person and do a normal workout. It is a change that you have to adapt to but trust me it is working. I am confident that I will continue to lose weight so the band is definately worth it....... Nothing tastes as good as skinny is going to feel!!!!

If you could lose it without the band then why did you get banded? I personally had been working out at least 5 days a week for several hours a day and killing myself trying to diet. I would lose a few pounds but gain twice as much back. Since the band I have lost 20 pounds and I have not had to be at the gym several hours a week. I can go like a normal person and do a normal workout. It is a change that you have to adapt to but trust me it is working. I am confident that I will continue to lose weight so the band is definately worth it....... Nothing tastes as good as skinny is going to feel!!!!

because i wanted to lose the rest of the weight i had to lose and keep it off and not constantly have to worry about gaining/losing weight which is still where im at even with it

I also looked at your information. (You actually only live a couple miles from me.) I'm assuming you are freshly banded since you've only been a member here since last month. Did you expect to wake up in recovery at your goal weight? You are 25 years old. You have youth on your side and should be able to lose rapidly. I'm twice your age with a 50 year old metabolism and have still managed to lose over 140 pounds. Maybe the difference is I have the maturity to handle the lifestyle changes that are necessary for success. I think possibly some counseling could help you. If you can't afford it Macomb County CMH or Catholic Social Services should be able to provide it for you. You've been given the opportunity of a life time. I wish I would have had this tool 25 years ago. My life would have so much different if I had. Don't blow this chance!

ive been banded since the end of march and i dont think it has to do with my maturity i handle the lifestyle change just fine to be honest its not that big of a difference if want something i eat it i count my calories and go from there i eat less cause i stop myself i havent had one single band symptom everyone here talks about

All you ladies are such sweeties... taking this type of stupidity with such grace. It's a good lesson for me to learn from all of you rolleyes.gif

But back to the OP's statements.... what is the PURPOSE of your post? Who (or what) are you calling dumb?

Your post is so ambiguous and vague that I can't discern a reason why someone would waste their time to start such a thread.

Are you reaching out for support because you're not getting the results you wished? Or are you just venting because AUNT FLOW has come to visit you?? (Yes...I see that you're a male.... blink.gif)

I haven't bothered to look at your profile... but others have said that you're 25? Well....so am I. At your age (and mine)... if you're so sick of dieting and exercising... why are you expecting ANY weight loss?

I'm sure your surgeon and his team told you that diet and exercise would still be needed to facilitate weight loss even after LAGB surgery right? Or did you buy a band on Fleabay and have one of your homies put it in for ya?

Also... do you have a problem with surgeons making a lot of money?? Do you have any idea the grueling education and residency they have to get through to be where they are?

To me... 4 years of med school with 4+ years of residency (not to mention 100Ks in debt) to become a surgeon SHOULD warrant a high paycheck.

I apologize for being harsh... but if you need support... ASK for it. There are great people here willing to walk with you every step of the way. But please don't insult everyone's intelligence by boldly (and idiotically) stating that LAGB is a scam and a joke.

ive been banded since the end of march and i dont think it has to do with my maturity i handle the lifestyle change just fine to be honest its not that big of a difference if want something i eat it i count my calories and go from there i eat less cause i stop myself i havent had one single band symptom everyone here talks about

Oh, Honey, it's most definitely a maturity issue. That's clear from your first post. You've been banded for 3 months. It took longer than that to gain the weight and it's gonna take longer to lose it. Lapband is NOT an over night fix. Follow the process and be patient and the weight will come off. I promise you that, but you have to do your part!

I'm in my 20s (well, for another 7 months, then I turn 30) as well, and I even have to say that it really does seem like a maturity issue. Of course not everyone in their 20s is at that stage, I'd like to include myself and wheelchair in that statement; but your post really does seem like that's the issue.

I'm not trying to be cruel, since I'm a nice person, and I'd love to help you out if I can; but the way you presented yourself was standoffish, vague, rude, and well, not very intelligent.

You've been banded so recently, granted a little longer than I have, but not very long; and in my opinion not long enough to just ditch the concept of it.

Anyhoo... you don't seem to be open to help either, so I don't know how much more I'll participate in this thread.

Sorry you're having a hard time, but my goodness; life is tough sometimes. Like I said, the good things in life require effort, and that includes health!