Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 5 months post op and have lost 40+ plus pounds, down three sizes. All sounds great, right? Super happy about my progress, even got off my lazy behind and joined a gym. ONE nagging item, I cannot eat chicken, not at all, none, zip zilch, nada. It is kinda annoying.:angry: Anyone else have this prob, or am I the only weird one?

Sara

I've heard that from lots of people, especially people in my support group! One of them was suggesting chicken made in the crock pot because it stays moist, but others said it didn't matter how the chicken was made, they couldn't ever get it down.

Seems like chicken and bread are the "worst" offenders for sticking and PBing.

I can sometimes eat chicken. Have to chew it until it almost disolves. It can get kinda anoying. :blink:

I don't have a problem with chicken but I can't eat beef, pork or lamb. Everybody is different with what they can eat. You will find that what you can and can't eat can vary from fill to fill. There was a period of time when I couldn't eat potatoes. It didn't matter how it was cooked...baked, fried, boiled even mashed...I just could not eat it. Next time I went for a fill all of a sudden they didn't bother me anymore. I swear my band has a mind of its own!!

I can't eat the Breast, because it's way to dry for me. Regular chicken Dark meat gets hung up sometimes too.

So,,,, I use something for dipping the dark meat in, and it makes a difference. Plus chew it up well..

I use BBQ Sauce, or Light Ranch for dipping.

I have problems with regular chcken, turkey , pork etc. BUT, I have found that if I use ground chicken, turkey, lamb or pork - and make little mini "sliders", then I have fewer problems. I mix ground meat, worchestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, about 1/2 cup non-fat milk powder and dried onion flakes. Then make small burgers and cook them in my toaster oven for about 25 minutes....Yum!

Try "Burger" meat from chicken and see if you can eat it. You still have to chew, but it is moister and more easily broken into small pieces.

I have problems with regular chcken, turkey , pork etc. BUT, I have found that if I use ground chicken, turkey, lamb or pork - and make little mini "sliders", then I have fewer problems. I mix ground meat, worchestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, about 1/2 cup non-fat milk powder and dried onion flakes. Then make small burgers and cook them in my toaster oven for about 25 minutes....Yum!

Try "Burger" meat from chicken and see if you can eat it. You still have to chew, but it is moister and more easily broken into small pieces.

That sounds like my homemade Turkey Burgers, and they are good !

Try a dipping sauce... Sometimes I even dip Chicken strips, and that's white meat. But BBQ Sauce or the Light Ranch makes it possible to chew up(BECAUSE OF THE MOISTURE) and, it's not really fattening.

My husband will Grill Chicken Legs, and I will take 1 and add BBQ Sauce to that. FANTASTIC...

I agree, the chicken may be to dry. I like perdue perfect portions. They are marinated so they have some moisture. Might be worth a try. Keep up the good work! Your weight loss is great.

I too can't eat chicken (baked, grilled, sauted, slow cooked...white or dark meat). It pretty much sucks, but I can eat chicken sausage and ground turkey is just amazing (well I prepare it beautifully), so I've found some other nre favorites. My fill provider had told me that with each fill my tolerence for certain foods will change - very true. However, I've been filled 5 times and had one fill during this time and I could n't eat chiken after my 1st fill...bummer, lol

Try different ways of preparing the food, but always be prepared that it may get cause a stuck episode! In the beginning I kept trying it and continued to get stuck. I started to get depressed because all the foods I wanted to eat wouldn't work, but I soon found a way to work with my band, not against it, and my band doesn't want chicken..

best of luck!

Rebecca

I can only eat chicken thighs and sometimes those are too dry. I tend to eat some kind of sauce with them like other people have mentioned which does make a difference in it going down a little more wet. The breast is way too dry and killer going down so I don't even try anymore. Steak is pretty much a no no for me too. Sucks because you tend to want to eat things that don't hurt (bad unhealthy foods go down fine) and the things we should be eating (chicken, protein) hurts. Ugh! Just gotta focus on smaller bites I guess... I still have a hard time with that along with eating at a snails pace. This is a learning process for sure. Good luck to you!

I have an issue when eating chicken when out. If my husband (who is a professional chef) cooks it not an issue..why? "cause its not dry! Trick dont over cook your chicken as most people do. If you are roasting a chicken cook it to160 - 165 at the most then take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.

sometimes I can handle it and sometimes not. I too have cooked it every way possible.