Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where can I meet a good guy?

I feel like I have a lot going for me. I'm 23 years old, a nurse, have my own apartment, car, pay my own bills. I have lost 50+ lbs since my surgery and have more confidence now than I have ever had in my life. I do get more attention from guys, but they all seem to be douchebags or at least 20 years older than me (No, really, the majority of attention I get is from older guys and I don't really know why that is). I have been told by so many people to not go looking for boyfriend material in a bar, but I don't know where else to go! I just feel really lonely and feel like I am at a good place in my life and want to share all these new experiences I am having with somebody. So does anyone have any advice as to where I can meet a good, decent guy?

My friend met her husband through E Harmony.

A friend of mine has had some success with Match and I met my husband at the laundry mat!

Have you considered maybe taking a cooking class or art class at your local community college?

Have you considered maybe taking a cooking class or art class at your local community college?

Do you really want a guy that takes a cooking or an art class? Sorry, couldn't resist....:)

At the gym, YMCA, dance class, Community Education courses (hmmm...pick a class...same interests...), walk your dog or walk yourself in a busy park, when at Walmart make sure to make a walk through the hardware dept with a perplexed look on your face....so many options other than the bar. Annd if all else fails, go to the bar once in awhile with some friends and enjoy ! Good luck!

Hi Mary,

After being banded and losing my weight, i actually met my now husband on Match.com. i have t say i did have to go through a few frogs before i got him but it was well worth it.

but i also met some guys through activities. i started cycling and went to the gym quite a bit.... so maybe try a combination of avenues.

i think it is a numbers game...the more you put yourself out there....the more likely you have a chance to meet a great guy.

but one suggestion... have fun with it. at first i took it too seriously and had my heart stomped on. then someone made that suggestion to me....and that's when i met Sam.

and it didnt take too long for the entire process. i lost my weight in 10 months. and then started dating. we were married this past October. i couldnt have done it without losing the weight. i did not feel good about myself and it came across as such.

best of luck.....

josie

ha... i like apples suggestion of walking through a hardware store perplexed.....very creative! laugh.gif

Going to Home depot in the morning!:P

I met my fiance after I posted a personal ad on Craigslist. I had to weed out a lot of pervs and creepers but I finally found my prince :-)

Church is a good bet....not a guarentee but a good place to start.

Good Luck!

A good one is worth working for....and praying for....there are so few of them out there these days.

I am thankful I have a good that believes in going to church...speaking of that.......it is getting late and the alarm will be going off soon to get up and get ready for Sunday service.

i meet my husband threw the internet ..its not like it used to be that everyone was scared of saying they met someone of the net..its more opened now..and its a great way to make friends and meet some good people just like u..obviously some people r there to just play around..but its not always the case..y not look for someone on this site..at least ud have something of interest to talk about.,have a similair journey path..and can relate to one and other..

I suggest making a weekly walk through manly stores like radio shack, bass pro, the hardware store, and/or going to certain movies. If u see a Guy alone, he's the one! He's ballsey enuff to go it alone, yet pry wishes he had company. I met my prince at radio shack 7 1/2 yrs ago!

I have noticed that my Dr. is not wearing a wedding band,and he's attractive.lol.Just a dream.would be nice though..lol

I met my hubs on eharmony! Best decision I ever made!

I feel like I have a lot going for me. I'm 23 years old, a nurse, have my own apartment, car, pay my own bills. I have lost 50+ lbs since my surgery and have more confidence now than I have ever had in my life. I do get more attention from guys, but they all seem to be douchebags or at least 20 years older than me (No, really, the majority of attention I get is from older guys and I don't really know why that is). I have been told by so many people to not go looking for boyfriend material in a bar, but I don't know where else to go! I just feel really lonely and feel like I am at a good place in my life and want to share all these new experiences I am having with somebody. So does anyone have any advice as to where I can meet a good, decent guy?