Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for friends on the same journey!

I am Jen, 33, mom of two. I was banded 3/17 and would love some friends on here!! Someone to kick me in the bum when I feel blah, or has crazy itchy scars too, share tips, recipes, SUPPORT!!

All friend requests are welcome!!

Jen

Hey Jen welcome, good luck on your journey

Hi, my name is Angie 33 years old. married 10 years. No kids but have 4 sweet dogs. I have had issues with my weight all my life.. I had been on multiple diets, lose then gain.. back and forth.. the yo-yo effect! I ballooned to a wopping 279. I was on a diet 6 mos before my surgery and lost 22lbs. Surgery scheduled on 3/24/10. Since surgery i have lost a total of 104lbs. I am not at my bmi range yet but hopefully by summer or late summer, i'll reach my goal. Right now, my band is too tight and i'm eating all the wrong foods. I have lacked motivation d/t the high carb diet i'm on and the fact that i've seen no weight loss in months. I am still learning everyday what i can and can not eat.

I get alot of people saying, "oh, she had the lapband" I tell everyone that says that too me, " i have worked hard to lose weight, i watch what i eat, i exercise, i get sick almost daily and i have earned my weight loss." That usually stops them in their track.. The thing i find fun, is all the shopping. I usually buy things a lil tight, so they'll last a lil while. I am so excited and never thought, i'd be close to my weight goal. I am now in a size 10. Which i have never been in. I love it! My husband compliments me all the time! He introduces me to others by saying, "here's my hot wife" (blush)

You will not regret your decision.. Just follow the rules of the lapband and you can not fail! No calorie drinks period. No drinks with meals or an hour after meals. Eat 3 meals a day! No Snacks in between. If you want something sweet like a slice of pie or cake.. Eat it with your meal... Also make sure to exercise... Don't want things to go flabby and it will without toning or using those muscles! If u have any questions or want to chat, email me. Good luck in your weight loss journey!!!

I am Jen, 33, mom of two. I was banded 3/17 and would love some friends on here!! Someone to kick me in the bum when I feel blah, or has crazy itchy scars too, share tips, recipes, SUPPORT!!

Jen

Hi,

My name is Kelli, mom of 2 boys, married, banded on 3/16, live in KY would love to keep up as so far our journey has lots of similiarities!

Not sure how to do the "Friend Request"

Sounds like we all have a lot in common in already! I am 34, mom to 2 (ages 3 & 5) and was banded on 03/08/2011.

I think it is a great idea to stay connected and support each other to get our $'s worth from these bands! lol

I agree. Wished i had known more about this website a year ago. It's great to talk to others that are experiencing the same thing or vice versa. If u have any questions or concerns... message me. Love 2 talk

angie

Sounds like we all have a lot in common in already! I am 34, mom to 2 (ages 3 & 5) and was banded on 03/08/2011.

I think it is a great idea to stay connected and support each other to get our s worth from these bands! lol

theres an icon under everyones avatar, scroll your pointer over it.. It should say add as a friend, then just click... I had to learn that myself...Lol! Talk to u soon. Good luck

angie

Hi,

My name is Kelli, mom of 2 boys, married, banded on 3/16, live in KY would love to keep up as so far our journey has lots of similiarities!

Not sure how to do the "Friend Request"

Thanks! So simple :D

theres an icon under everyones avatar, scroll your pointer over it.. It should say add as a friend, then just click... I had to learn that myself...Lol! Talk to u soon. Good luck

angie

Jen

Hi, we are the same age and I also have two kids--boys! I was banded on 3/18/11. I would be happy to be your friend. I am also looking for friends especially right now....feeling a little bummed and useless. How old are you kids? Mine are 2 and 6.

I just friend requested everyone...LOL. I am so glad to have found this site. Whenever I feel alone and depressed, I can always find someone in the same boat to give encouragement.

Thanks,

Rachael

i know, i'm really happy i found this site. have found a ton of great information and it's so reassuring to hear stories about people going thru the same things. i feel like it's way better than going to a support group (for me at least because i don't have time!)

Hi Jenn, my name is Lee Ann. I was banded on the 8th so I am right there with ya! I would love someone to be friends with and talk with about this. I'm open to phone calls as well, never know when you need an ear.

Lee Ann

Hi Jenn. I am 33 yrs old. Have a 4 yr old little boy. Just banded on 3/18/11. Would love to be friends with others in the same boat! Best wishes.:)

Hello all, I am 30 and was banded 3/3! I am from CA and would love some friends and support too!!

Im on Facebook if anyone is - Heather Cagle Snarey (add me)

Also on AIM - ChevyBlazenQT

would love ppl to talk to on the journy!!!