Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

My revision surgery was on Monday and I came home yesterday. All went very well. My surgeon (Shawn Garber) was able to do my revision staying within my 1 belly button cut from last time. Apparently, this was the first time he did a revision this way and it went very well.

I am starting from scratch here and have to un-do my bad band habits. #1 is eating too quickly. By forcing myself to slow down, I realize I was VERY lax in my chew, chew, chewing and the speed at which I was eating. #2 is that I need more solid Proteins. I was relying on mushies too much, thus hindering my full feeling.

I also was snacking waaaay too much under the guise of "but it's protein", with cheeses and such.

The dear boyfriend has been a godsend and we had some frank talk about my food issues. As we are long distance, he has promised to check in more about my food and exercise than he has in the past. He has been supportive, but seeing the whole process and hearing from doc and nutritionist gave him a better understanding of what I should be doing and how he can help. I also need to check in here more often and do some challenges and keep myself honest.

Thanks for listening.....

Tracy

Glad to hear your revision went well! I too need to learn how to slow down and chew.

Glad it went well Tracy. Good Luck!

Good to hear it went well-- and it sounds like you have the right attitude for keeping up your success in the future.

So glad it went well. It sounds like you've got all the tools in place that you need. I'd use that supportive boyfriend to help you out as much as possible. Sounds like you are in a good place with him regarding your food issues (I know I tend to avoid talking about my own) so I think you've got some good support there.

Best wishes. Maybe a new band is just what you needed to kind of turn over a new leaf. The great thing is, based on what I can tell in your ticker, you aren't starting where you once were so you are WAY ahead of the game already!

Thanks everyone. I tried to update my ticker last night, but have to figure it out. In full disclosure I went back on the table at 216.6 after being unfilled for a month.