Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band slippage :( and questions

Found out yesterday my worst fears! My band has slipped and I have to have surgery this Saturday. My surgeon says he won't know until he goes in if I will come out with a band or not. Said it all depends on how the tissue looks in there! Anyway have this happen and hear the same thing, and come out with a band after all? Please help

I worry about that a lot too. Especially because I was self pay and really can't afford to have another surgery. How did it slip? Were you throwing up a lot or something else? I just want to know to be sure it doesn't happen to me. Also, what did it feel like when it slipped?

I have done fine, and about 2-3 weeks ago started vomiting alot and then 5 days ago got to where everything I ate and drank came up. That's the only symptoms. So frustrated cause I have done so well, now I'm scared they won't put another in!

Sorry to hear that...do they know why that happened?? How does one prevent it?

I am worried about the same thing. I have had vomiting on and off since first fill. I had surgery June 1st. Now I never know what will stay down. How do they know if it has slipped?

I had an upper gi done yesterday which showed it slipped and my band was really tight. I had symptoms that suggested it, vomiting , heartburn, but this only started 2-3 weeks ago, after being banned over a year ago.

Hi:

I had my band almost 3 years when I slipped. Don't know when it slipped, but probably in March or April 2010. I went in May 2010 to get a fill because I could eat more and started gaining. Come to find out I was slipped and that's why I could eat more because my stomach had this extra pouch coming out on top of band. Got new band in July and so far it's great. I've lost 19 pounds since then and am 9 pounds from my goal.

Best wishes to you and getting a second band.

Keep us posted.

Sue

Hi there- i am living your worst nightmare---- I found out i had a slipped band on 10-1-10 and immediately they took me straigth upstairs to surgery-- to hopefully fix the band-- I was over a year from the first surgery hit goal at 9 months and at 114 lb loss when i found out i slipped-- well, surgeon stayed in there for 3 hours trying to fix band- my stomach was too swollen and no way he could get it on.... I go for my follow up tomorrow-- I have been suffering from depression and am frustrated that i am gaining almost 1 lb per day this week- staying strictly under my calories and working out---- After surgery- my dr did tell my family i was still a band candidate-- just needed to let stomach heal--- I am very scared to hear what he says tomorrow-- the possibility of not being able to have the band back in or a sleeve even.... I worked so hard to get here adn was so disciplined-- and still am-- but my body doesnt respond like it did with the band.... I will keep you updated... my best advise to you- is to make sure you go to liquids- or anything that doesnt cause you to be sick so you arent swollen when you go into surgery.... Best of luck to you... feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I had my original Band in April 2008. I had a hard time losing at first because my surgeon was conservative with Fills. In 2009 I started to lose quicker and was finally getting to 1-2 pounds per week. Then Easter came and I got a Stomach Virus. I was sick for 5 days. I threw up everything and then couldn't keep liquids down. In April 2010 after my stomach virus episode my Band slipped. All the Throwing up dislodged the Band and it Slipped. Fortunately my surgeon was able to Repair my Band. So it is possible to get it repaired. I now know as soon as I am Vomiting even a little call the surgeon right away. Take it step by step. Worst case scenario is they replace your band on a different date and let your stomach heal.