Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Banding any one else out there???

Hello this is my first official post on lab band talk... i will be getting banded Aug 26 by Dr. Jose Rodriguez in Tijuana Mexico and am getting nervous... I have been doing a lot of reading and research and feel this is the way to go for me. I am 35 270lbs and have a BMI of 51... my insurance will not cover lap band and they want me to pay thousands of dollars for a medically supervised diet :) i cant afford that and dont have the will power to do it i tried it for 2 weeks and ended up cheating and wasting $300... so is anyone else getting banded come Aug?? i would luv to talk and share support :thumbup:

talk to ya's soon ZEN

Hi Zen,

sorry to hear about your insurance problem. Wish you all the best!!! I am also scheduled for August 26th. May we should start a new thread. Yeah!!!

I am scheduled for August 6!!! Only 8 days away, boy am I getting excited!:cursing:

Hello this is my first official post on lab band talk... i will be getting banded Aug 26 by Dr. Jose Rodriguez in Tijuana Mexico and am getting nervous... I have been doing a lot of reading and research and feel this is the way to go for me. I am 35 270lbs and have a BMI of 51... my insurance will not cover lap band and they want me to pay thousands of dollars for a medically supervised diet :unsure: i cant afford that and dont have the will power to do it i tried it for 2 weeks and ended up cheating and wasting $300... so is anyone else getting banded come Aug?? i would luv to talk and share support :tongue2:

talk to ya's soon ZEN

I am getting banded on August 31st, just a few days after you! I am excited, but very nervous! My insurance is covering my band though. I am in Buffalo, NY.

Getting my band on Saturday I'm self pay too I hate insurance companies sometimes :/

I am getting banded Aug 23rd - my birthday!

Hey Guys,

My name is Mandie.

I'm getting my band on August 25th! I am so excited and very scared! So far, we are a small group, so I hope that we all can keep in touch and be each others support through all of this. Take care guys!

Everyone let us know how you are doign as you get to your pre-op diets and surgery. I am in the middle of my pre-op diet and it is really difficult. I am trying to hang in there.

Hi! My name is Amy, I was banded on August 13th... I'm 5 days out! I can tell it's going to be quite an adventure! It would be awesome to hear from some other August people to talk about progress.

Hi August Banders,

I was banded Aug. 6 and at my one week visit had lost 16 lbs. WooHoo!!! This is gonna be so much fun. I was a bit sore with 5 cuts around my midsection. No pain meds til 2 days out tho. Went back to work after 3 days. Desk job makes it better. Started walking around my yard the day of surgery. So far I am loving it.

I am so glad that others have joined in! It was hard finding you guys! I'm still learning this site so if it takes me a while to respond it's because I've lost where this forum is. Is it possible that I can save this in my favorites? Take care guys and please, let's keep in touch.

Congrats to all the bandsters and Good Luck to the ones that are fixing to go thru it. I was banded on 8/10/10 and wouldn't change a thing.

I was on a Protein liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery. Now I am on liquids and get to graduate next week to Mushies and can't wait!!

I have only lost 6.5 pounds and waiting on the pounds to start melting off.

Zen:

Is this the same Dr. Jose Rodriguez that does the lapband in Juarez?

Yay there's a place to post in august now instead of posting in the June thread :biggrin:

Hi I was banded on Aug 16th. I am up a few pounds since the surgery I guess from the IV's - I have to say I am still in alot of pain especially around the port site, how are you feeling?