Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 lbs gone in 12 months

Yes, I am now down 100 pounds and I feel fabulous and very proud of myself. I know that I personally would not have ever lost all this weight on my own. I am forever grateful to be blessed with my band.

I have not had any problems with my band in this entire year. The first 6 months I ate exactly the way I was instructed by my surgeon and followed the rules to the T. I have come to realize that I can achieve similar results once I calmed down a bit and stopped worrying about my band failing. Do I cheat once in a while? YES! I drink alcohol more than I should and I do have sweets on occasion. The only way I can successfully eat bread is if it is toasted. I still cannot eat dry meats or eggs but I can live with that. pizza and Pasta are also very difficult and cause me much discomfort. What I crave most is a big juicy hamburger but I know there is NO WAY I will ever be able to eat one with my band.

I can only eat approx 1/2 cup of food at a time. I can easily forget to eat during the day. I never feel hunger anymore but I do get a queezy stomach if I go too long without eating. Some days I don't get all my Protein in but make a bigger effort the next day.

I have found that getting all my Water in is the most important rule to follow for ME! I have suffered through bouts of dehydration and periods of not not being able to eat because my stomach swells around my band from lack of hydration. If I follow this one important rule it seems that everything else flows smoothly.

I am by no means suggesting that anybody stop following the band rules, this would be a bad idea. What I am suggesting is that those of you who are still uptight and worried about your bands failing, just relax a little and don't be so obsessed with your bands. Get out and move and enjoy your lives. There is so much more to living than eating!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a LOT of weight lost for one year--WOOT WOOT!!!

I too work with my band in my own way. I follow the basic rules..getting my Protein in is #1 a close second is exercise! I cannot believe how strong I am..unreal!

Other than that, I don't follow any rules. I eat healthy moderate portions, make good food choices and move as much as possible.

I too cannot eat a hamburger, but will one day dammit..lol I am happy that I can occasionally eat pizza and bread with no issues..just have to know what mood my band is in for the day.

I have lost nowhere near 100lbs and have been banded 4 months longer than you. Just goes to show..everyone is different. I'm thrilled with my weight loss and will be at my ultimate goal by 2012. I have 85lbs to lose total, so I will never see 100lbs lost..I'm glad you did though..AWESOME!

Thank you Colorado! I started out much bigger than you so it stands to reason my weight may come off a little faster.

I have totally flaked out on my workouts for the past 3 months. I was plateaued for 4 months at 97 pounds lost and finally started losing again and finally got my lazy butt back to the gym. I am going to work out at least 3 times each week at the gym and keep riding my bicycle.

You are doing great! Keep up the good work! I still need to lose another 50 pounds......YIKES!

Congratulations!! I wanted to hit 100lbs by my 1yr also but it's coming up next week and I don't think I'm gonna...but I am very close so I can't complain. You are doing great and you have figured out how to use your tool in a way that works for you. I think that's the secret..we all try and compare ourselves to what others are doing..and sometimes I think that's helpfull and sometimes I think it can make you nuts..lol Great job!

YAWN….

Damn, that was a LONG sleep.< /span>

Nice to be back, even if only for a few moments.

Ok. Right to Business, before I get kicked off.

In spite of the “unpleasantness” that transpired between myself and Donna2153/FailureIsNotAnOption/Happy2Lose last year, I wanted to stop in and offer a heartfelt and sincere congratulations to Donna for the loss of 100 pounds.

Losing weight in ANY way, utilizing ANY surgery is not easy. It requires discipline, determination, resolve, and some very hard work. 100 pounds lost is a wonderful accomplishment, and it should be applauded by everyone here.

Some of you here might recall the difficulties I experienced with multiple surgeries and the rather hard-headed stance I took with regard to certain aspects of these procedures. I know, first hand, about the “Dark” side of Weight Loss Surgery, so when I see someone who has had the courage to work hard, stick with the program, and do what NEEDS to be done, I cannot help but offer my most sincere congratulations and admiration.

So, Donna, My hat is off to you. I know you have a little bit more to lose, but I have every confidence that you will go forward and do just that. And, don’t forget the forum….your experience can and should be an inspiration to every one here.

Ok, time for me to go back to my lock-up. I’ve come to enjoy the Turkish prison the Mods here have kept me chained up in. The Guards here are so…uh…..."friendly”.

Headhunter.

Congratulations on your amazing loss. So curious about the "unpleasantness". Clearly I need a hobby! Anyway, great milestone. You should be very proud.

Congratulations! What am amazing accomplishment! Keep up the great work!

Congratulations on your milestone!

Happy, ever since I have joined this forum, YOU

have always been supportive, kind, and full of positive advice! It is a pleasure having met you on this board, and I wish you nothing but success and happiness!

Thank you all for your kind words. It really means a lot to me. Starting- overin-AZ, I especially appreciate what you said. Thank you!

Congratulations! 100 lbs is AMAZING! I am so happy for you, and I wanted to say that you are so right! We need to follow what our physicians prescribe diet-wise, and the weight WILL and DOES come off!

Thank you for being such a great inspiration! I can only hope that in 6 more months, I too will be saying that I lost 100 lbs in a year!

Best wishes and continued success!

Joanne

Congratulations for your loss, but most importantly the positive attitude about your band. I think you have captured what the journey is all about!

Thanks for being such an inspiration! I know you put a lot of perspiration into your results!

YAWN….

Damn, that was a LONG sleep.

Nice to be back, even if only for a few moments.

Ok. Right to Business, before I get kicked off.

In spite of the “unpleasantness” that transpired between myself and Donna2153/FailureIsNotAnOption/Happy2Lose last year, I wanted to stop in and offer a heartfelt and sincere congratulations to Donna for the loss of 100 pounds.

Losing weight in ANY way, utilizing ANY surgery is not easy. It requires discipline, determination, resolve, and some very hard work. 100 pounds lost is a wonderful accomplishment, and it should be applauded by everyone here.

Some of you here might recall the difficulties I experienced with multiple surgeries and the rather hard-headed stance I took with regard to certain aspects of these procedures. I know, first hand, about the “Dark” side of Weight Loss Surgery, so when I see someone who has had the courage to work hard, stick with the program, and do what NEEDS to be done, I cannot help but offer my most sincere congratulations and admiration.

So, Donna, My hat is off to you. I know you have a little bit more to lose, but I have every confidence that you will go forward and do just that. And, don’t forget the forum….your experience can and should be an inspiration to every one here.

Ok, time for me to go back to my lock-up. I’ve come to enjoy the Turkish prison the Mods here have kept me chained up in. The Guards here are so…uh…..."friendly”.

Headhunter.

HEADHUNTER! Hugs my friend! How nice it is to see you back on here...even if just for a short while! How've you been?

I've often thought of all your even, fair advice about choosing the correct WLS FOR YOU....you always were a sound, reasonable source for facts about pretty much any WLS.

And of course, while I would expect nothing less from you, how pleased I am to see you congratulate "Failure" for her loss. You always were quite a cheerleader for people's success :redface:

Yay! We're all back!