Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everybody!! My name is Stella and I am a new bandster. I had my surgery on March 29. I am 37 years old, married to the same wonderful guy for 18 years. We have 2 beautiful children-Amanda, who is 15 and Richard, who is 12. I have struggled with weight most of my life and it just kept getting worse. My kids are heavy too. I decided to get the LAP-BAND®® for several reasons. #1, I want to see my kids get married and being extremely obese was killing me. #2, I want to learn how to be healthy so I can teach my kids...maybe I can spare them some of the pain and struggle that I have faced as far as my health and weight is concerned. #3, I want to know what it feels like to be fit and lean and to wear clothes that don't come from the plus size selection. #4, I love horses, as a matter of fact they are my first love, and I want to get back to that. # 5, I'd like to have a small farm or hobby ranch when I retire...and I need to be fit to keep up with the demands of such a venture.

So, that's me in a nutshell. Wish me luck and know that I am cheering for you guys too. :frown:

I am having surgery either the 21 or 28 of April. I am so excited but a little anxious which I know is normal. I am ready to be a to do things I like to do with out my knees hurting....Best of luck.

Rebecca

Hi There, I too was banded on 3/29. I am sore and the gas has been the worst for me. I was just wondering what post op diet you are following? I was given instructions for a liquid diet for two weeks, the schedule for intake is 2 ounces every 15 mins. Does that sound like something similar you are doing?

Hi Stella. congratulations on getting banded. I was banded on 3/25. How is your recovery going? Mine is smooth so far. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting your kids to be overweight as well. I have 2 girls 4 yrs and 18 months and I see my 4 year old developing some of my bad habits. I had this surgery as much for myself as for them. We will be a health family!! :frown:

Good luck to your and your family

Hi I was banded on March 15th, I am back to work as of March 29th, I am doing fine was just a little dissappointed that I have not lost but 6 lbs since my surgery, I lost 20 lbs before on the liquid diet. I am on my cream Soup stage, I get to do soft Protein on April 4th. I wish everyone well.....

hi Stella

congrats on ur banding ur life is about to change 4 the better. ive had mine 4 9yrs & dont regret it my heath has improved heaps iknow my knees & back are thanking me lol just remember its a life style change good luck

I was banded 3/29 also, here in Houston. I'm feeling pretty good. Been resting on a heating pad to help with the as pains.

It hurts when I belch but feels better....

I've been doing broths and they said to stay on them the first two weeks.... I do take several sips of Protein shake to help get some Protein in.

I also was banded on the 29th. I am on protien shakes, greek yougert, 1 sugar free popsicle per day and Water, G2 or flavored, sugar free water.

the 3 ounces every 15 mins was immediate post op for me, then Clear Liquids for 2 days then full liquids (anything that you could get through a straw from day 3-day 14 (not actually supposed to use a straw though) at this stage, I can drink my protien shakes, have thin Cream of Wheat, milk, creamed Soups, etc. but when I was on clears, I mixed unflavored Protein Powder into my broth with a blender.

The gas pain is the WORST!! It's finally coming down, but that first day was a killer. I think that alone kept me walking the halls every couple of hours. Now my incisions are starting to itch as they heal and the pain feels more like bruising rather than post op...and yes, the heat is FABULOUS for pain relief. Thank you guys for the support, hope I can give some back.:thumbup:

Edited by sjacen
more info, typo

Hi I was banded on March 15th, I am back to work as of March 29th, I am doing fine was just a little dissappointed that I have not lost but 6 lbs since my surgery, I lost 20 lbs before on the liquid diet. I am on my cream Soup stage, I get to do soft Protein on April 4th. I wish everyone well.....

Hey, I had the band done on March 15th also. I went back to work on March 22 and am doing well physically. I lost 9 lbs before surgery, 7lbs, the first week after surgery and 1.5 lbs the second week. The third week I have gained and lost 2lbs. every other day or so. I am very disappointed in my progress. I thought I would have lost more by now.

Hi to all you newly banded folks on this board and welcome to banded living! Just wanted to congratulate you all for making this decision to take charge of your health, I made that decision 4 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. I've now been mainitaining a normal weight for over 2 years. Many of my goals were quality of life goals, like sjacen who started this thread. I'm living proof that if you work this tool, I've even set and reached new goals that I never thought could be possible. I'm here to provide support and answer any questions you have. I also have a blog documenting my journey including tips that I've learned along the way. The link is in my signature. Would love to have you guys on this thread as followers. I hope you find it useful. It's my way of paying it forward.